living with kids with allergies group

https://www.boojabooja.com/

Dunno if you'e heard of this stuff, but I get it at the local health store. Thought I'd just leave this here...

Mmmm looks good. I've had major chocolate cravings recently and can't find any that doesn't contain soya.

Today at lunch I used sunflower spread without checking ingredients. Turns out it had cow's milk in. Now I know why Arlo was so difficult to settle tonight. Thought he had trapped wind as he was crying when he farted and was sick a few times. Just been up to him again to resettle and he was sick again. Cow's milk seems to definitely be an issue for us.

We use Pure sunflower spread or benecol, they're... okay. Actually much nicer than marge but they go fluffy fast if you don't use it often. The cow's milk thing is bad but soya is even worse. green & Black's 80-85% (bars only not other forms) hasn't got soya in, but it's not chocolate for the feint of heart :D

I usually use tesco dairy free spread but am staying at my mums and she'd bought the sunflower spread for me but neither of us checked the label properly. I need to remember to read ALL ingredients labels and never just assume it's OK.

How is everyone today??

I have just booked an appointment for Little Man at dr's tomorrow because his itching is become so bad it is waking him in the night :( we ended up putting socks on his hands last night as he has figured out how too pull his scratch mit's off :(

Oh I'm sorry to hear your LO is suffering :( I hope they can help him!

We are doing a bit better, still waiting to get a date for the blood testing!

Buttonnose - your poor LO :-(

Vinushka - is benecol dairy free? I should use that because I've got high cholesterol, but I bought vitalite when I went shopping for LO

Not the best pics, but this is what M's arms were like this morning. Going to book a dr's appointment and ask for a referral to an allergist/testing. It's so hard to figure out what's causing it when it's not an immediate reaction

https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/45f13c6e.jpg
https://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac169/CocoaOne/41e62046.jpg

cocoaone your poor LO, I hope they refer you :hugs:

also out dietician advised not too use Vitalite for LO because it is also low in fat and they need the fat at this age, she advised Pure (they do a dairy free version and a dairy free & soya free version)

it's a good job I didn't use the benecol here, just at my mums, as it has whey in it... I had to check as it used to be dairy free. So, yea Pure is the best option.

Vin's doctor was way more helpful today, although as always his rash was much better to me. Doc took one look at it and finally prescribed hydrocortisone and Fucidin as well as a generous amount of aveeno, so finally we're looking up.

He also said that we should come back in a month orso for a different type of cream so that he doesn't start reacting to it, so kinda keeping to a minimum how long he's on each type of cream.

I've also come to the conclusion that it's milk and soya especially, as I only just cut out the soya a week ago and it's made a ton of difference. He's stopped losing weight too but didn't gain any this week either.

Feels much better to see our proper doctor who seems to know his stuff a bit more.

Sorry to hear of the LO's suffering :(

Vin, im glad you got a Dr that listened and has done a decent prescription for you

Vinushka - glad the dr listened, that's usually half of the battle with GPs!

Well, M is definitely allergic to peanuts. I fed her a bland diet today with no egg or dairy and then gave her peanut butter on toast for dinner. She got the same rash as yesterday within 20 minutes. Now I'm worried because I read that repeated exposure can make the reactions worse. And she's starting nursery in a couple of weeks and I've got no idea what they (or I) should feed her, I know she's definitely allergic to egg and peanut, and there's a question mark around dairy and possibly pine nuts (M reacted to pesto a while ago, I assumed it was the cheese as it said it might contain traces of egg, but now I'm wondering if it was the nut).

I tried making a vegan cake today, as practice for LOs birthday party, it was atrocious! :haha:

With nursery i would just say she is allergic to all the foods that you know and suspect, so include dairy etc.

Arlo had a horrible night after my accidental cow's milk ingestion. Very pukey, crying in pain, really smelly farts and loose poos, and scratching his face ALL night. He only slept in 20 min snatches before he woke up to scratch his face. Must be so itchy, poor boy. We've got a new cream, Fucidin, GP thinks the ezcema is infected. After I put the cream on, his skin started weeping loads so I think it's drawing out the infection. I remember a similar thing happening with the ezcema on my hand when it got really bad. He seems better today, just a bit itchy still.

aww poor lil guy... sounds like Vin's bad nights. We're trying the fucidin too as dr said there was a dark red patch that "looked dangerous"

We haven't had any weeping though, we got that a lot back when we used oilatum for a while.

V's looking totally scrummy today though, his skin is gorgeous, so I hope we've finally cracked it.

aww poor lil guy... sounds like Vin's bad nights. We're trying the fucidin too as dr said there was a dark red patch that "looked dangerous"

We haven't had any weeping though, we got that a lot back when we used oilatum for a while.

V's looking totally scrummy today though, his skin is gorgeous, so I hope we've finally cracked it.

The doctor said that Fucidin can make the skin look dry and crusty whilst it's healing. Haven't had that yet but there's definitely less redness today. Only been using it one day so far so we will see. Hoping this will help his skin recover enough so we can get back to square one and find something to help prevent future flare ups from getting this bad. I think it might have been this one bad flare up that he's been fighting for 3 or 4 weeks, the daktacort was making it better temporarily but wasn't stopping the infection so as soon as I stopped that it flares up again.

Has anyone here had positive experiences with allergy testing? I know tests can be inconclusive and the best way might be trial and error, but I'm really at a loss with the trial and error now and it's only going to get more difficult to pin point allergies when we start weaning. Worried I won't be able to tell whether his reaction is because of something he ate or something in my breastmilk. At the moment all he has is breast milk and yet I'm still struggling to work out what is causing his reactions (apart from cow's milk which is now obvious).

We are starting to get positive results from testing now but it has been a long road.
Dairy was a definat early on, but it still has been trial and error with eerything else as theyve only tested foods when weve suspected something, which has taken a while as each food is eliminated and we spot something else.

well the dr just prescribed ANOTHER cream too add too our current mix (1 x bath solution, 1 x steroid & 3 x emollients) so make that 4 emollients! :( I can't remember the name (it won't be in until the morning) but she said it is thick thick thick like vaseline and is for bedtimes, I think it started with a 'E' but not 100%. I just want my poor baby too stop itching so much, :(

sounds like epaderm? we used that for a while and it was okay, definitely good for overnight, but had SLS in it so we stopped using it when we ran out.

well the dr just prescribed ANOTHER cream too add too our current mix (1 x bath solution, 1 x steroid & 3 x emollients) so make that 4 emollients! :( I can't remember the name (it won't be in until the morning) but she said it is thick thick thick like vaseline and is for bedtimes, I think it started with a 'E' but not 100%. I just want my poor baby too stop itching so much, :(

Is it Elecon? I had that for my ezcema once and remember how thick it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->