living with kids with allergies group

yes! thats it! Epaderm

she said if it doesn't work too go back but she did also say that there really isn't much else they can try :(

Epaderm is like Vaseline. I had it a few years back when I had the very bad eczema. I had to have a few weeks off work - partly because I had to apply it 3 times a day and it was nearly impossible to get dressed after!

I'd invest in some cheap clothes/pyjamas etc that you don't mind getting stained :flower:

We are starting to get positive results from testing now but it has been a long road.
Dairy was a definat early on, but it still has been trial and error with eerything else as theyve only tested foods when weve suspected something, which has taken a while as each food is eliminated and we spot something else.

Thought it might be the case that they have to test everything individually. I was hoping for a miracle test that could tell us everything in one go.

What are the tests like? Blood tests? Is it traumatic for your LO or not too bad?

We use emulsifying ointment which is similar to epaderm but minus the sls in it. Definatley good for overnight!

Khloee, Alex had one set of blood tests which were all negative as his allergies dont affect him internally. Skin pricks hes had 3 lots now. Its not that bad, obv a bit uncomfortable for them as the nurse needs to hold their arm to drop the liquid on and prick the skin, the prick isnt deep at all and i dont think causes any pain.
Alex just didnt like his arm being held but didnt notice anything else.

right girls, talk too me about sunscreen!

The weather is improving and I really should get some in, so what is best/recommended for little people with very sensitive skin!

right girls, talk too me about sunscreen!

The weather is improving and I really should get some in, so what is best/recommended for little people with very sensitive skin!

Oooh good idea. Hadn't thought about this yet.

Another day another issue. Arlo has woken up congested, sneezing and with a cough that sounds pretty chesty. This is his 6th cold in his lifetime so I can't help but think it's possibly allergy related. Could the teeny bit of sunflower spread with cows milk that i had on sunday affect him this much? We are off to the GP in a bit to check out his chest just to make sure he's OK.

I think colds are certainly allergy related! Definatley runny noses.
I hope you get one ok at the doctors.

sunscreen, we used nivea spreay one, the one that sprays out green and never found alex to have any reaction with it.

we have some nivea baby sunscreen in a blue bottle. Hasn't had a bad reaction but the stuff is so thick he looks like a ghost baby:haha:

I think thats the same one we use :lol:

We went to the park today, came home and noticed that Alexs face had swollen up a little, eyes aswell :(
Not sure what caused it but i have a few ideas...

poor alex :(

could he have hayfever?

I know mine has ben playing up since yesterday

hi everyone! :wave:

can i join you all?

my youngest kai is allergic to dairy (violently sick and flares up his eczema) and he is also allegic to gluten but not sure if it is celiacs disease or not as they cant do the blood test while he is on a gluten free diet (bloated tummy, windy, grumpy and the foulest, runniest nappies i have ever seen and an average of 1 per 1-2 hours :nope: oh and eczema flares up again too)

It is quite possible, though he didnt have anything like this last year

Hi

was totally unaware of this group until I saw the link in Kiras post, thanks Arcanegirl. All of mine have had allergies or intolerances of some type; my worst two were my middle boys, second eldest would have severe reactions to dairy (his airway would close up and he'd suddenly have massive hives all over his body) and 'mild' reactions to eggs, wheat, some types of nuts, berries and spices (they'd give him an itchy rash of varying degrees of severity). His diet was severely restricted, after I stopped BF him at one year he was fine with soya although nowadays it would be advised against to give soya. Thankfully he outgrew everything age two. My second youngest from 8 weeks started having the most horrific nappies ever (green, very mucousy and bloody), developed puffy swollen eyes and a bumpy rash on the rest of his face, was irritable all the time and would never sleep and stopped gaining weight and started losing weight. He was never referred for testing despite me pleading for it so I never knew 100% what he had a problem with; but I suspect it was soya; which he is fine with now, dairy and certain vegetables. Now my youngest seems to be allergic via my milk to all dairy/animal milk products, and at 8 weeks he started having reactions to all soya, citrus fruits and juices and MSG. Thankfully eliminating these things seem to have sorted the problem and he has gained 50oz in a time period where my second youngest gained 8oz, and hes a really happy chilled baby.

hurray for hayfever season! I've been leaking all sodding day from all over my face andfeel like I've been gargling bleach. Vin seems okay although he was a little rashy this morning after my breakfast (couple of squares of 80% chocolate and a handful of dried fruit) so I'm back to a diet of oats and chicken :(

actually Vin is doing much better despite the rash making a return, he's been giggling like a loon, and so happy the last 2 days even on barely any naps and he went off to sleep tonight in 5 minutes with no fuss at all. I'm probably jinxing it now and he'll have me up all night again after his 11pm feed...

morning girlies, how is everyone today?

Little Man seems too have developed a rash on his cheeks, now I have a spreadsheet of everything he is eating so do I look for something he has had for the first time in the last 24 hours or for the 2nd time? just I am sure they say you generally get a reaction the 2nd time rather than the first?

Maybe both? If the list isnt too extensive. You could post here and we can help figure it out :)

Buttonnose - yeah post it here so we can see if we can spot a pattern. It's all so confusing isn't it! Would be so much easier if they had an instant reaction so you could definitely say what it is. I know M has instant reactions to eggs and peanuts, it's just the dairy that causes a problem as it's not quite as obvious!
M had a reaction the first time I gave her egg. How is the weaning going in general though?

Off to the Dr today, finally got an appointment. I'm trying not to get my hopes up for any answers or a referral, as GP was pretty rubbish last time I went. M seems to be ok though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->