living with kids with allergies group

i know with kai and myself we can tolerate small amounts of what we are allergic to (me dairy and him gluten but for him a tiny tiny amount) before we get a reaction.

its so complicated working out what they are allergic to isnt it?

i did it all myselfd before my gp would refer him and it was only after i pestered repeatidly that he did it! same with dermatology - another doctor did it coz my gp wouldnt

Right

The rash, thinking about it, started yesterday not this morning, so this is what he has had since Tuesday, a 1 mean's first time, a 2 means second time and a * means he has had it more than twice (I wish I knew how to post the link too the spread sheet, so much easier lol)

Tuesday:
Banana (*)
Pear (*)
Broccoli (*)
Cauliflower (2)
Ready Brek made with neocate (*)
Smilie face potato thing (2)
Part baked roll with pure spread (2)
Apple Rice cake (*)
Custard (2)

Wednesday:
cucumber (*)
Apple (*)
Pepper (2)
Lettuce (1)
Haddock (1)
Corn Carrot stick (*)
Carrot & Orange Muffin (*)

any ideas?

They contain dairy :(

eta: hmmmm hang on a min, ingredients on the website says it doesnt but im sure thats why we never bought them (and says in a sheet i got i think!)

noooooooooo! I read the packet and it doesn't say any dairy

confused :( I got us them because we can't have the potato croquettes as they have milk, will have too investigate!

The dairy and soya free factsheet i have says not to give them...but the ingredients say no allergens so im confused too!

We buy Alex the potato stars and carrot and potato waffles from Asda

ok thanks hun, will have too get us something else then! it's so confusing all this food stuff! can't I just give him booby juice forever? lol

I am losing weight on the dairy free/soya free diet so I don't mind keeping it up and him just having booby juice :p

It is really confusing! :dohh:

Was going to say aswell, the Haddock might be a possibility aswell. White fish can be allergenic because of an enzyme in them

We finally have answers to connors problems. He has a wheat allergy aswell as his cows milk protein and soya allergy. If anyone has any advice id really appreciate it as wheat free is totally confusing me

I know asda do a few things (including bread) in their 'free from' section (it is wheat free, gluten free, milk free & soya free)

:hugs: Jemma, its a relief with an answer as at least you know the problem and can start acting on it to make Connor better

Going to go to morrisons and see what they have in there free from section

I've just seen this group hope you don't mind me posting

Jemma I'm on a wheat free yeast free gultne free citrus free diet and I e got lots of recipes for bread and meals and biscuits ect if you need them

You should be able to buy rye bread most health foods shop have it and some supermarkets pm me if you want the recipes x

I don't know if too worry or not :(

Little Man is napping for the 3rd time today (which is unheard of for him!) and he has been asleep for 1.5 hours (again this is unheard of for him, he is a 45 min power nap baby), his 2nd nap was also a 1.5 hour nap. He hasn't really eaten much today either (as in breast feeding)

He seems ok in himself, not his usually happy self but certainly not unhappy, I dunno, I can't quite put my finger on it, I just dunno if too worry or not :(

sorry haven't been around much had bad news last week at my scan, still trying to deal with things at the min. Adi hasn't been well either he had a very bad skin flare up and doctor gave steriod cream to use for a week as soon as I stopped using it the rash came back. His asthma has been really bad since it's been warm and he has a very bad runny nose so thinking hayfever?
Have a question if anybody can answer Adi's teeth at front seem to be going grey and heard can be down to the milk it can rot there teeth, has anybody elses lo got this? should i speak to dietian about it?

button the only thing on that list that would make me think is the gluten in the smilie and the roll.

mumof4 ive never heard of milk causing teeth to rot or anything like what you have described sorry.

Mumof42009 - I hope your ok, sending big :hugs:

billy2mm - thanks, I'll put gluten on the 'to watch list'

I am wondering if it is dairy again actually :( turns out I didn't check the packet of stuffing (dunno what I was thinking!) and it contains dairy! I had it sunday, monday & tuesday which could explain why his rash started wednesday I guess, this morning he woke up and all the skin round his cheeks & under his chin has all broken out again (it had been clear for almost 2 weeks which is a record!) and he was quite sick yesterday & today. I feel so bad (& stupid) that I have put him through this again grrrrrrrr

how is everyone else today?

Button - don't feel bad, it's so hard to be careful - you've spent your whole life not even thinking about what is in food, so it's a big adjustment to make.

I took M to the Dr yesterday. Basically he disnt have a clue, so said he will refer us to a paediatrician. He didn't offer any advice at all, and I had to ask if it was ok to get a bottle of piriton in case she gets hives from something. Should he have prescribed it? Also, aren't all referrals supposed by done by choose and book now? He just made a note, so presume he's going to write to a consultant to refer M :shrug: No idea how long it will take.

So he was pretty much useless and I've still got no idea what I'm doing! I went and did a big shop last night and only got food which was egg, dairy/soya and nut free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->