living with kids with allergies group

I cant remember our dietitian giving any statistics other than if theyre going to grow out of it, then they will be 5 years old

Little Mans eczema under his chin is awful at present and even steroid isn't clearing it, I am guessing that is due too his teething/constant dribbling? All he is doing is crying, poor thing is really struggling with these bloody teeth :( his gums are swollen, he is warm & just unhappy :( Calpol helped him sleep for half hour but he has woken still unhappy :(

When I've asked I get vague 'they usually grow out of childhood allergies by about 3' responses.

When I've asked I get vague 'they usually grow out of childhood allergies by about 3' responses.

thats what I got too

I got told alot by the age of 1 (because it is alot too do with the stomach lining apparently) then most by the age of 3

Thats what got me the most, him not being able to eat or drink. He was allowed small bits of juice upto 6 hours before but because hes not a juice fan he didnt end up having anything. I was allowed to hold and try and comfort connor but i was just on the verge on breaking down by that night and the nurses ended up sending me for a walk and then they took him off me and kept him with them because i couldnt handle it. It makes me sound awful but i just couldnt cope with seeing him cry so much and be so distressed. It got to the point where when he needed the second dose of the bowel preperation stuff they had to put a tube down his nose into his stomach to get it down him because he was in that much of a state.

When they said they wanted to do another on connor i point blank refused, if they had said it was necassary i would have had to but with it not i wasnt putting him through that again. What anti-histamines have they put you on?

It doesn't make you sound awful it is not something that anyone wants to got through and it is damn hard!!!

They put her on Ketotifen in the evening and Cetirizine once or twice a day.. We'll start with once and then see how we get on. Her tummy was still swallen yesterday and the doc said it can't be from the fish from last week maybe she is reacting a little bit on smt else she is having. Well all she is having is beef, carrots, courgettes and potatoes. I don't dare give her anything else! :wacko:

thats what I got too

I got told alot by the age of 1 (because it is alot too do with the stomach lining apparently) then most by the age of 3

My cousin outgrew his cow's milk allergy at around 1 so here's to hoping!

That's what I get too! Here's hoping they're right! I'm going to test again with a little yoghurt in a few weeks. xx

Were on the cetrizine twice a day, hes been so much better. I really hope it helps you. Im quite shocked there making you wait until may for the endoscopys with her being so young. Have they said why there not doing them until may?

Oh are you on that as well? I am glad it has helped you!!! :thumbup:

Well they only do such procedures on a Friday at Great Ormond Str Hospital and this Friday was fully booked as they are not operating for the next 2 Fridays!! So it will be in May. To be honest I am glad in a way that we can give the new meds a try and maybe just maybe she can avoid it. . . But its a long wait!

Yes hopefully if the meds work then she wont have to have it

OK we've tried giving Katerina some Turkey today as doctor said its highly unlikely that she will react to it. Well he was wrong :nope: Her tummy is all bloated again and she had diarrhoea before she went to bed! Even with all the medications! She is reacting to everything! :shrug:

Emmm is processed when you don't buy the whole Turkey but pieces of it? If so, yes.

:lol: sorry, was on the phone aswell and its a bugger to type longer replies!
In a way it means certain pieces, how was it given? Like a breast or sliced sandwich meat etc?

I always think of processed when it comes in packets like as sandwhich meat type thing, when it comes in slices, im probably wrong though x

happyface - sorry for your poor little one :(

how is everyone today?

Little Man is having a good day so far yay, I however am worried sick, my papa is currently in theatre having spinal surgery :(

I just bought one of those packets with breast fillets and then cooked it. I am waiting to see how she is today but she was definitely not well yesterday! Super bloated tummy again, grumpy and diarrhoea. Not good!

Oh buttonnose we posted at the same time! I hope all goes well with surgery!! They are so worrying!! Is it a long wait? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->