living with kids with allergies group

we don't know yet :( there are 3 areas that need working on, but they don't know if it is safe to work on them all until they get in there :( couple be a couple hours or could be 5/6 hours :(

Oh that's a long wait! I really hope all goes well and they manage to work on anything that needs work done!! It is always such a pain!! When you are in there you don't realise a thing, but the people waiting it is so stressful! Been on both ends of this numerous times! :dohh:

he was in theatre till 1, I don't really know much as he hadn't seen the dr since coming back when I spoke too him but he sounded well

We are going too see him tomorrow :)

Thanks girls :flower:

Hi

Haven't been in here for bit, just checking how you all are?:hugs:

We went away on hol mon-fri, Adi had few bad reactions while we was there but seems ok now. Got back to a letter from Dietian about other things to avoid to see if his skin gets any better if anybody is interested in it can put up the web address off there. x

BN- Hope your dad's ok:hugs: btw have you had a name change?? xx

Ok I think the Turkey was false alarm. She seemed fine yesterday. Not like with the fish last time. Also the baby sitter mentioned that she had diarrhoea the day before as well. So its probably her poor gut trying to heal itself rather than a new reaction I would think. Lets see!

Also had a great night last night. She didn't wake up once! I gave her some milk at about 4am as we've noticed that when she is not well it helps her sleep a bit longer. I almost chickened out as she was sleeping so well but she took it, fell right back to sleep and woke up at 7:15am for the day!

I really hope this was not a one off and this is the meds kicking in! :thumbup:

How is everyone else?

xxx

Momof4, hope your holiday was a good one apart from the reactions. Id be interested to see the link :)

Hapyface, fingers crossed the turkey was a false alarm! its a weird one to have a reaction to!

Were out to a kids party today, bit nervous aswell as having a 5am start today :yawn:
Need to watch Alex like a hawk with food today!

How did the party go AG?

I hope your dads ok button x

It was chaos :lol:
Alex at least didnt eat any food he wasnt supposed to, he kept running out of the hall though, I think he was hinting to go :lol: But he still enjoyed the bouncy castle.
He did however have a major meltdown at home, overtired and woke early in the pram. I had to shut him in his room to get him to calm down.

Bless, i hate it when we have to do that i feel awful but i know its the only way he will calm down. You got much planned for today? My dad has connor on sundays so hes picking him up about 1 and then not doing much apart from going out tonight

Working :lol:
Mil takes Alex today overnight, so we do our longer shifts at work on a Sunday then food shop and enjoy the peace when we get home and not having to be quiet :lol:

Forgot all about putting this up yesterday here is the link for you all. https://www.zipworld.com.au/~ataraxy/Salicylates_list.html hope everybody is doing ok.

Hope everyone's doing OK. DS got a rash about two weeks ago (a couple of days after his allergic reaction to cows milk (yoghurt)). It faded in and out and turned angry and red last Tuesday - looked like a heat rash on his face and neck. It seemed to be spreading down his chest last Tuesday, so we ended up at A+E again. They said it was a virus and that it should clear up in a few days. It was getting better, but he's been really itchy and it won't quite shift. Yesterday the doctor told us it was more likely to be connected to allergies and to give him piriton three times a day :( He also has eczema around his mouth. Still no news on any tests - we've badgered and badgered.

Is it possible that DS is reacting to the traces of cows milk in my breast milk? Even though he never had any issues before trying it himself?

It could be possible...
A viral infection could be possible aswell, Alex had one and the rashes on his face were awful. We got antibiotics for him to get it cleared up. The consultant confirmed that infections can make the rashes worse.

ayh78-My ds used to have reactions to my breast milk that's when they put me on a diary free and soya free diet but it started to make me ill. That's when put ds on special formula.

morning all, how are we all doing and our lovely little ones?

Little Man is at hospital today too see the eczema nurse, his skin has inproved alot since we have been using his new creams/lotions/bath stuff & dermasilk underwear

but is ears are really bothering him, he has eczema in his ears and scratch's at them all day long :(

Poor little man.

Were ok, connors had a few stomach pains today but he seems to have settled down now

It was Alexs birthday yesterday, we took him out to the aquarium over in Loch Lomond.
We ate out first and checked over the menu, saw chicken goujons and chips and thought that would be fine for Alex, goujons are usually breadcrumbed i thought? They turned up battered :dohh:
Alex still ate them and thankfully didnt have any reaction.

Hope everyone is doing well!

AG - So glad your LO didn't have a reaction on his birthday! xxx Happy Birthday Alex!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->