living with kids with allergies group

Unfortunatley he had already broken out overnight but it wasnt too bad

Oh belated Happy Birthday to Alex! I am sorry he had a reaction! I hope he feels better soon! :hugs:

We are in Greece at the moment visiting family. K had a reaction today. Super flashed cheeks, red dry patches on her legs and terrible cramps. It took us 2 hours to settle her to sleep. I hope she is better tomorrow as its her birthday!

Happy Easter to everyone! :thumbup:

Happy birthday for yesterday alex. So glad he didnt have a reaction.

Happy birthday to your LO happyface, hope she has a lovely day x

Hi everyone, happy birthday to the birthday boy and girl!

Arlo's skin is so much better at the moment. His cheeks are the only patch with ezcema right now and that is being kept at bay with daily Fucidin H applications as advised by the dermatologist. I think the antibiotics really helped to get it under control.

He's now on his second course of antibiotics as the results if his swab showed 2 types of bacteria and the first antibiotics only works for one type. This new one should deal with both.

We've started BLW. He's only had fruit and veg so far, and no reactions yet. His cheek eczema does sometimes get a bit irritated after eating food but that can't really be helped and it doesn't seem to bother him.

Not really sure when to introduce allergen foods. I'll definitely be steering clear of dairy and soya for a while yet as I know these are a problem for him but not sure about wheat and eggs. I've heard conflicting advice about not giving them any common allergens if you have history of food allergies in your family or suspect that LO might. We have both of these.

Glad Arlos skin is much better, Alexs has been better aswell and i think its partly the season. No central heating, so no dry air to irritate him.

Im not sure on the avoiding common allergens, on one hand avoiding them might help prevent a reaction, but the other hand dont you need to try them to see if there is one?

Yes that's exactly my dilemma. I'll let him get used to veg and fruit first, there's no rush I suppose.

we just introduce 1 'high risk' food every once in a while (maybe every 2 weeks), we have done white fish & egg so far and all good, just remember you don't always see a reaction the first time of trying, it can quite often be the 2nd time they try something

it is so hard isn't it :hugs:

Under little mans chin is awful at the moment :( even steroid isn't clearing it but I think it is due too teething too as he is dribbling like crazy :(

Were at the hospital tomorrow to see connors consultant. Connor keeps having bouts of pain in his stomach so quite concerned as i know hes not having any wheat dairy or soya. Hopefully they will know what it is, will let you know how we get on tomorrow

Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying the long weekend. Jemma, how did Connor's appointment go?

Quick question for anyone who might be reading this morning... I am testing Arlo's reaction to dairy through my breast milk again. OH wants to see what happens as he wasn't around for the last reaction and he doesn't really believe there's a problem.

Anyway... I've had milk in my tea and butter on my toast this morning. Is this enough to test or should I drink a large glass of milk or something? Last time all I had was a bit of butter so thought this should be enough.

Feel so bad doing this to him. After his next feed I will be on tenterhooks waiting for a reaction...but also secretly hoping OH is right and nothing happens.

It could be enough...but it might not. Alex seems to be able to tollerate a one off small amount but if he were to have dairy all day then hed react.

I've just had a bit more milk. Will leave it for today and if he doesn't react in the next few days I will try him with some dairy himself next week.

help girls :(

Little Mans chin is AWFUL right now, the skin is peeling off in chunks, it almost looks like a burn! and it is spreading :( nothing we are using is helping, isfact I am certain the steroid has made it WORSE! he screams every time we put anything on it because it is hurting him so much

I just don't know what too do and can't ring the eczema nurse till tuesday :(

Oh no :(
I dont have any immediate ideas othe than the steroid on such broken skin probably is stinging :(
Ill have a think :hugs:

Button :hugs: i have no idea as connors skin has never been bad.

Connors appointment went ok, we saw a registrar not the proper consultant and i mentioned him still having bouts of pain but he had no idea what it is so going to ring and ask to speak to his consultant on tuesday and see if he can help

Do you have any nappy cream like bepanthen?
Try spreading that over thick overnight and see if theres any change

we have a little sample of bepanthen so can try that

I have taken a pic but need too wait for camera battery too recharge too upload too computer :(

Hope you can find something to calm down the skin buttonnose :hugs: That must be so awful it hurting LO - Bun's rashes have only ever been itchy.

We are going to try Bun on dairy again!!! We cut out dairy (me too as I am BF) at 6 months after months and months of bad gastro problems and eczema. Tried dairy again at 9 months - still bad, tried at a year and it was still bad but not quite as bad - which gave us hope that he might outgrow it! Tried again at 15 months and it seemed much better - gastro problems were almost non-existent, but he did get very uncomfortable/gassy/itchy. Anyway since then I have started eating dairy again (pregnant so I really want to up my calcium), and in the last month I haven't watched the additional ingredients on things like breads and crackers. I haven't been giving him straight dairy, but he has been getting some through me (still BF) and in small quantities (milk additives) that are in some foods. Anyway last week he was at daycare and ate a little bit of puff pastry (butter) and had no reaction!! :happydance: So I am going to try him on dairy again! Wish me luck!!! :thumbup: I would so love for Bun to outgrow this. xx

Good luck, i dont think we will be trying connor again for a long time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->