living with kids with allergies group

I suggested it too hubby but he didn't want to until I have spoken too eczema nurse tomorrow :( aveeno it the only thing that doesn't seem too sting it so have been using that :(

Try some aveeno on first then a bit of steroid on top. Nurse told us to try that combination before, might help with the stinging and the steroid will help try and calm it down

will try that in morning as he is in bed now and sleeps on his tummy so can't get under his chin

I feel so bad for him, it looks so angry & sore and had chunks of dry dead skin that keeps coming off it :(

Poor little man, i really hope the nurse can help

Oh No! That looks so sore - hope you find something that helps! xx

spoke too the eczema nurse this morning and she said Hydrocortisone isn't strong enough and wants me too get a prescription from the DR for eumobate ointment? anyone used this? She also said we have too just kinda put up with the stinging as it will do that until it heals some :( easier said than done :( so at Dr's at 10:40

Buttonnose that looks so sore, hope you find something that helps soon. When LOs ezcema was really bad and raw like that I was using HC cream and antibiotics but like you said I think the cream did sting him a bit.

Update on dairy testing: I decided to carry on eating dairy throughout Saturday and Sunday to give it a fair trial and to see if there are any cumulative effects. Almost thought we had got away with it by the end of day 1, but on day 2 his ezcema flared up and is very red on his face. Good news is we've had no signs of the gastro symptoms or reflux that affected him so much before, this time it's just been the ezcema. Seems like he can now tolerate a little bit of dairy through my breastmilk but I'll be going back to dairy free tomorrow after I've finished the last of this chocolate Easter bunny!

oh buttonnose, that looks so sore for your LO. I've never used it sorry I can't be of more help. Dream Cream from Lush works well on sore skin after it has calmed down.

Khloee, sounds good have you tried the lactose free products?

Sorry I've been MIA, its been a bit hectic at moment, coursework time of year and marking!!. We are now doing a dairy and soy free diet. Isobel's bottom hasn't improved at all. The only time it improved was when she was in hospital and having IV antibiotics... which has perplexed the GP and paeds dietitian So we are doing a 4-6wks elimination diet of Soy as well as dairy. We are a week in and no difference at all. :(
So thinking about going back to the GP and asking for a proper referral this time...

oh buttonnose, that looks so sore for your LO. I've never used it sorry I can't be of more help. Dream Cream from Lush works well on sore skin after it has calmed down.

Khloee, sounds good have you tried the lactose free products?

Sorry I've been MIA, its been a bit hectic at moment, coursework time of year and marking!!. We are now doing a dairy and soy free diet. Isobel's bottom hasn't improved at all. The only time it improved was when she was in hospital and having IV antibiotics... which has perplexed the GP and paeds dietitian So we are doing a 4-6wks elimination diet of Soy as well as dairy. We are a week in and no difference at all. :(
So thinking about going back to the GP and asking for a proper referral this time...

Haven't tried lactose free yet but I'm pretty sure now that it's a milk protein
allergy as this time excema was the only symptom. I dont think lactose intolerance affects the skin, I thought it was more a digestion issue, but don't
know for sure.

When I cut out dairy and soy it took over 2 weeks before I noticed a real improvement in Arlo's skin so could be worth sticking with the elimination diet for another week or two.

Dr prescribed the cream - yay ..... but it's not instock until tomorrow - boo!

Dream Cream never works for us sadly :(

Hi Ladies, mind if I join? My 15 month old DS has multiple allergies - dairy, egg, nuts and an apparent reaction to some seafood, but fish is fine. The allergist is hopeful that he will outgrow the dairy and egg allergies so we are just waiting for that at the moment.

Although I did introduce mandarin orange today, and not sure about that. It seems to have flared up his ezcema although he didn't have any immediate reaction.

Buttonnose.. your poor DS. Has it started improving??

:hi: Mamabare

Sounds like a citrus reaction... is he ok with other fruit?

Hi Mamabare :flower:
Buttonnose- Adi has eumobate when he has bad flare up's, I hope your lo gets better soon.

Sorry haven't been around things been hectic with kids being off school. Adi has been doing ok few flare up's and then Friday we was out shopping my dd had some water with splash ribena in it and gave Adi some omg he has never been so ill, I came straight home and stripped him his body was covered in Hives size of ten pence pieces. I was so scared as never seen it that bad before, I rang out of hours and told me to give him prition see how he was in 30 mins. It did go down but he was really miserable all day.:cry:

oh no Mumof42009, that sounds so awful. I suffer from Hives but I react from being cold. Its horrid and does make you tired as well. Is he better now?

Yes thanks took few days to go down properly but he is fine now :flower:

:hi: mamabare.

Just a quick moan i hate how the chemist never has connors food instock, i know its not there fault but i hate waiting

Mine doesnt stock Alexs milk either, we tell them when we put a prescription request to the docs to order it in, so when we hand the prescription in they have it already delivered :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->