living with kids with allergies group

if she is happy with the neocate then I would stick with that for now as it means she is getting all the fats etc she needs (which oatly doesn't have) we just use oatly because Little Man wouldn't have the neocate, the dietician wanted him too have neocate in food if he would take it but since he wouldn't she was ok with the oatly because something is better than nothing.

Id say oat milk smells and tastes better than neocate but i dont know whether its actually better than neocate. Have you been referred to a diatician? I would say they are the best people to ask.

No I haven't. We are seeing a gastroenterologist private as we have insurance for my daughter but her never suggested we saw a dietician.

He didn't find anything new from the endoscopies, antihistamines are working a treat! We realised while in hospital that she had an intestinal obstruction cause by... poo as she's been so constipated for ages. 12 hours after the laxative she was given she had the biggest and most solid poo I have ever seen in my life! Sorry TMI!! So she is now on laxatives every day to empty her bowels properly until her intestine gets back to its normal shape..

We've been adviced not to experiment with food as she's been so unwell. To be honest though, she is already much better and if she continues like that I will experiment just a bit to give her some variety in what she is eating.

untill they are 5 I wouldnt say Oatley is an alternative to Neocate because Neocate has the fats they need, plus the vitamins and minerals they need that they wont be getting from a restricted diet.

I got the Oatly milk and also the cream substitute from Holland and Barrett this morning. Had to have a taste, it's actually rather nice isn't it! Think I'll try Stanley with some of it mixed with baby rice and banana tomorrow, yum!

Ohh i just had a great idea for this thread!
Everyday the question shall be asked "What did your child eat today" by me or whoever remembers (i work some days and might forget :lol: ) and hopefully the answers might help others who are struggling for food ideas!

Soo...

What did your child eat today?

fab idea, I am always struggling for ideas

Little Man (Dairy & Soya Allergies) had:

Breakfast - shreddies
lunch - bread stick, sliced pear & carrot puffs
Dinner - stewed beef, mash, cabbage & grapes

I was at work this morning so ill list what i do know of that Alex had..

Snack: Skips (this has milk but we were testing him)

Dinner: Pork mince casserole with carrots, onions, potatoes and onions (baby jar with pork mince added) and a banana

What a great idea!! Although mine won't be very inspiring as K is not allowed anything at the moment! But give me a week if she is still better by then I'll start trying!

So: Oats made with water for breakfast
And then beef with carrots, potatoes and courgettes for lunch and dinner.

How boring is this? :nope:

Oh she also had a lemon cookie (dairy, wheat, egg - free) as a snack when we were out in the park as she got hungry!

Might be inspiring for someone just as restricted and needing some help :)

Arlo had:

Breakfast: toast with pure (dairy free) butter and a couple of slices of melon.
Lunch: kidney bean, quinoa, broccoli and carrot purée
Dinner: parsnip, lamb and carrot purée with slices of melon

Thanks for the advice about Vaseline and washing his face with his emollient, his cheeks have been so much better since I started doing this!

Brilliant idea!

What a great idea!! Although mine won't be very inspiring as K is not allowed anything at the moment! But give me a week if she is still better by then I'll start trying!

Oh she also had a lemon cookie (dairy, wheat, egg - free) as a snack when we were out in the park as she got hungry!

I *think* I can out-bore you!
Breakfast: banana, baby rice made with water (can't wait to do it with the Oatly tomorrow!!)
Lunch: mashed potato and parsnip, plain corn snacks, melon
Dinner: carrot and butternut squash

We were picnicking in the park with loads of other babies all eating anything and everything. Glad he's not yet at the age where he minds. (But I still do :cry:)

Arlo had:

Breakfast: toast with pure (dairy free) butter and a couple of slices of melon.
Lunch: kidney bean, quinoa, broccoli and carrot purée
Dinner: parsnip, lamb and carrot purée with slices of melon

Thanks for the advice about Vaseline and washing his face with his emollient, his cheeks have been so much better since I started doing this!

So glad it's helped :thumbup: Stanley's got what looks like his baby acne back again on his cheeks. Very spotty boy today. I think it's probably to do with teething, and he's got a really sore and chapped neck as well. He just doesn't tolerate any moisture at all. Bought a BIG tub of vaseline today but it's a constant battle.

Can't wait for dermatology appt. Another month to go...

Brilliant idea!

I *think* I can out-bore you!
Breakfast: banana, baby rice made with water (can't wait to do it with the Oatly tomorrow!!)
Lunch: mashed potato and parsnip, plain corn snacks, melon
Dinner: carrot and butternut squash

We were picnicking in the park with loads of other babies all eating anything and everything. Glad he's not yet at the age where he minds. (But I still do :cry:)

Oh I know what you mean! It bothers me so much its unbelievable! I mean she is over 13 months now really I want to give her more choices!!! I love my food so this doesn't help! :dohh:

Breakfast : toast with vitalite and jam
And then he was at nursery for dinner and tea but he had
Dinner : jacket potato with salmon
Pudding : apple
Afternoon snack : banana
Tea: potato and bolonaise
Pudding : peachs

We've had such a bad night!! After a week of her being better!

Two things I can think that might have affected her:

1. She has a tooth cutting through (I doubt this is it, she never seems to be in pain with them)

2. Could be the lemon cookie she had? Well half a lemon cookie. Its the only new thing she ate. Doctor mentioned smt a while back about fruits and the sugar in them that could be causing her problems so maybe the lemon did not agree with her to an extend?

Please tell me you think this makes sense because I can't feel like I don't know what caused her to be up all night. I really was hoping that she is better now.
:nope:

I wouldt rule out teething yet, Alex didnt suffer with his teeth untill toddelrdom then he'd start waking in the night! the molars and canines are especially painfull apparently (the ones Alex doesnt have yet :dohh: )

Hmmm interesting! Hehe Well no more cookies for now just to be on the safe side! And I'll see how we get on tonight! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->