living with kids with allergies group

Connor was the same his teeth didnt effect him until he was a toddler and probably a daft question but are you sure the cookie didnt contain milk?

I hope you didnt take it wrong way hun, i just always used to slip up as i never knew milk was in so many things. Can i ask were you get them from? Been looking for some nice biscuits for connor

Of course I didn't take it the wrong way! No worries! :)

Got them from Waitrose in the section with the free from foods! They smell devine! Didn't taste them though!

We havent got a waitrose near us:( will have to go hunting for an alternative

I'm sure there must be something similar in other supermarkets? I'll let you know if I see anything else! There is not much choice really. . .

jemma .... asda do a lush lemon biscuit in the free from section, just the smell makes me mouth water!

however they have scrapped so much of their free from stuff recently I dunno if they still do them :(

Breakfast : toast with vitalite and jam
And then he was at nursery for dinner and tea but he had
Dinner : jacket potato with salmon
Pudding : apple
Afternoon snack : banana
Tea: potato and bolonaise
Pudding : peachs

Are you avoiding gluten for Connor, Jemma? If so, how does the toast bit work? :)

Connor has a wheat allergy. We get special bread, pasta, pizza bases and spagetti on prescription

I know, theres more people in this group than i thought there would be but so glad AG set up this group as its nice to talk to people in same situation

If everyone wants to put forward their Lo's name/nickname i can add a bit to the front page of who has what allergy?

Alexs food for today:

Breakfast, Grapes
Lunch, Birds eye chicken burgers and Asda potato and carrot waffles
Snack, some chips from softplay and fruit drop sweet things from Asda.
Dinner, Spainish chicken with white rice and cocktail sausages

Connor - cows milk protein, soya and wheat allergys

Breakfast : rice crispies
Dinner : ham sandwhiches
Snack : melon and grape snack pack
Tea: heinz beans and sausage on toast

Hi ladies, can I join you please? Abi has a milk allergy and is also sensitive to eggs, this was suggested at 6 wks old after being told to top up with formula as she lost 10% of her body weight and hadn't regained it by 3 wks old, this is where the fun began and we had 3 wks of hell! Screaming, bad wind, severe green mucousy diarrhoea, colicy symptoms and hardly any sleep, after being fobbed off with it's colic try infacol, dentinox, comfort milk etc it got worse and we didn't sleep for about 5 days, and went through a pack of nappies every 24 hrs! So back to the doctors where we saw a locum who gave us a 2 wk trial of nutramigen and within 24hrs she was soo much happier, at this point I was still combi feeding as I had lost soo much of my supply by topping up. It took us nearly a year to get a referral to a paediatrician and a formal diagnosis as both the HV and the doc kept telling me she'll grow out of it by 6months, 9 months etc and everytime made me try her with milk on her cereal or yoghurts etc which you can imagine the reaction and made me feel like the worse parent in the world as no one would believe me. During this time I stopped BF as I thought it would be best for her as I was never told about completely cutting dairy out of my diet.
We're waiting for a dietician appointment which is at the end of the month, their waiting list was 6 months so I'm hoping once were in the system it will be easier to get an appt next time., we've got the paed in November again who is gonna tell us how to try reintroducing dairy and I'm hoping as she'll be 18 months by then she will tolerate it better although I have been told because I'm lactose intolerant myself she may always be slightly sensitive herself but who knows.
Thanks ladies if you've made it this far, I do tend to waffle a bit when I get started.

Hi SaraAbi,

I'm sorry you've had such a difficult time! Hope the app at the dietician goes well!!! :thumbup:

Katerina - what we know so far is: dairy and fish , will start testing again when she has been better for a while

Katerina had a much better night last night, I think I will try her on the cookie again next week to make sure if it was that or not? Or maybe not as I feel bad for her.. Will see!

But if she is still better next week I will definitely start introducing more foods!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->