living with kids with allergies group

Hi girls! I've had a really bad morning. I tried Katerina on some egg. She really didn't like it so I just put little pieces in her breakfast (oats made with water) just to test her really so we know. She probably had about 1/5 of a medium egg and then would refuse to eat her oats. So I got up to make her some new breakfast and gave her a rice-cake to munch on that she loves. While I was making it I heard coughing, came in and she was sick everywhere... Her face was bright red and she just wouldn't stop being sick... she hadn't even eaten that much. I got her cleaned up.. and then 5 min later she was sick again. :nope: Is this an allergic reaction? I am not sure if she reacted to it or she just really really didn't like it. Although she is hardly ever sick.

It might be, it might not :( The timing is defintley coincidental :hugs:

If you can live without them id maybe hold off eggs for a few weeks and try again

I forgot to add that while she was eating she had red tiny spots around her mouth. They have now cleared though. I gave her her antihistamines and I guess I will see if there is an intestinal reaction later on that she usually gets. :shrug:

Arcanegirl can you please add soya and tomatoes allergy for Katerina on 1st page... :nope:

A friend of mine said people who react to tomatoes have usually problems with strawberries and oranges, is this true?

Next to try will be egg, but I'm not feeling positive! :shrug:

My dermatologist said that the worst foods for facial eczema (which my LO has) are tomatoes, strawberries and ham. My LO reacts to both (am veggie so no idea about ham) and we avoid them. Oranges and all other citrus fruits are also linked to eczema so there maybe some truth in it. That's flaring up eczema though, not actual allergies. My LO tested negative for tomato allergy but his eczema reacts really badly so I avoid them like the plague.

Good luck with the egg, our allergist has told us to try to introduce them too but I'm scared! Have chickened out so far but might try a bit of cake when I feel brave (cooked eggs are supposed to be best to start with).

Thanks bubbles! We actually tried the egg this morning. Didn't go well. It really scared me to be honest. And she's been unwell since. . . I'm anticipating a bad night! :nope:

Newsflash ladies, waitrose have taken soya completely out of the majority of their own brand bread (it was already pretty much all milk free), they have renamed their healthy eating stuff including the bread 'love life' and there are offers on it in waitrose and on ocado at the minute. I also got some of the bread on reduced today as it was sunday; only 10p a loaf and my second youngest and I can enjoy it too :D

That's great!! :thumbup:

Egg update - Katerina had a great night. Hubby was right, since she was sick straight away after she'd tried it it wouldn't affect her intestine. Today she has got a rash though. Arms and legs. Its not too bad but its a first. She never gets rashes. For her its usually intestinal reaction. Could this be from the egg 24 hours later? She hasn't eaten anything else. . .

These are some pics of the rashes although you can't see much. Its on her arms, legs and some on her tummy.

https://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy131/Happyface82/DSC_5038.jpg

https://s785.photobucket.com/albums...Happyface82/?action=view&current=DSC_5023.jpg

Still feeling abit rubbish:( Connors ill again, he was sent home from nursery tuesday, peaked up abit yesterday and now he's off it again.

hey we are good, sorry to hear your LO has been ill. we are away at the moment hoping theres a letter with an apopointment for the hospital when i get back!

x

Afternoon...

I have finally got a referral to the paeds team for Isobel. Now just awaiting the letter...as it is still not sorted.

Is anyone wheat/gluten free? We are trying Isobel Wheat free but I am lost at the difference between wheat and gluten... As we are on Oat milk as her milk source...

Hmm im not sure the difference either! Glad you got a referral finally!

Were wheat free as connor has a wheat allergy.

AG difference is gluten is the protein so you can take the gluten out of wheat but with wheat you cant remove wheat without taking everything so you can get wheat bread thats gluten free if that makes sense?

Everything that is wheat free is gluten free but if a product just says gluten free it may still contain wheat if that makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->