living with kids with allergies group

hi all :)
sorry some of you and LO's are having a tough time :(

nothing to report here really, got the hospital appointment on 17th august, anyone know what we can expect for peanut allergy testing? the letter doesn't give anything away.

had no issues here and no other foods have bothered him so far thankfully

i was reading recently about a theory to curing allergies, by dosing the allergic person with teeny tiny miniscule ammounts of the allergen to slowly stop the body from thinking its bad...if that makes sense. which is interesting.

:hi: to the new people.

Connors appointment went ok although they were running over an hour late so we left at 1 and didnt get home until 6.30 so was annoyed about that but apart from that and having to see a registrar instead of consulting it wasnt to bad.

hey girls, finally back after no internet for a month as we have moved!

how are all the little ones doing??

I tried little man with 4 spoons of yogurt the other day after he seemed too tolerate little bits of dairy in bread ect but it seems he still can't tolerate high concentration dairy, he screamed for hours :(

I am in the process of trying too wean him onto formula from breast, he was just refusing the neocate and well I don't blame him, so his dietician switched him to aptamil Pepti and that seems ok, he will have a couple ounces, no where near a full feed but slowly slowly

eek I hope so, I feel a little lonely this time as noone I really 'know' is pregnant too, last time there was a bunch of us got pregnant together, so you need too be soon too!!!

Congratulations button,

Connor went off neocate but because he was over 18 months they tried him on neocate active in blackcurrent flavour and vanilla flavour but he didnt like either so he just has oatly now.

Hi :hi:

Haven't been around much lately so thought I would give a little update on my little man. Things have started to improve and is now tolerating soya, I have also been trying him on things containing milk on the dietician's advice and he is still have reactions but not as bad as he was :thumbup:.
I hope everybody is doing ok and congratulations Buttonnose :flower: x

Hi all :wave: We're currently trying to establish whether Dylan has a dairy intolerance. I hope someone who's been in a similar situation milk be able to help us out? His original symptoms were 2-3 loose, stinky nappies a day, he barely seemed to know he was going.

We've been excluding all dairy for around 2 weeks, and seen some improvement in his loose stinky nappies, on an average day he was down to 1 poo. Then on Tuesday the nursery gave him evaporated milk :dohh:, and possibly a buttered teacake on Thursday. Since then he had 3 loose nappies on wednesday, same on thursday, but then yesterday and today it's been like diarrhoea, lots and lots of small, but loose poos. He pooed during his nap earlier, and now his bum is red raw and really sore.

Does this sound like the kind of reaction you would expect in this situation? We're starting to wonder if he's actually picked up a bug or something.

Hi blahblahblah! :haha:

I'm not an expert but if the loose stinky nappies were an every day situation then I'd say yes something is bothering him. When did this start?

Hi blahblahblah! :haha:

I'm not an expert but if the loose stinky nappies were an every day situation then I'd say yes something is bothering him. When did this start?

Hi happyface, thanks for your help!

They never firmed up from when he was a baby tbh. But they weren't especially frequent - generally only 2 a day, occasionally 3. I didn't have anything to compare it to, and he wasn't a big eater, so I just thought it was because the ratio of solid food to juice/milk was a bit off.

But we were seeing some improvement having switched to soya milk and cutting out all dairy - until this setback this week. He's so upset with his bum today, it's horrible. It was never like this before - do you think not having dairy for 2 weeks would make him react so much to it now he's had some?

mmm I'm not sure if the reaction would be worse after cutting it out but then if he was better when off it then this is probably what it id. I guess only time will show. . . I'm sorry I've got nothing better to suggest! :shrug:

:hi:

I would think that if hes been off dairy and some improvement then given more the reaction would be related.

here is a new one ladies,
took DS2 to the allergist today as he keeps reacting with hives and welts to an unknown trigger, we keep the egg allergy well contained so we were sure it had to be something else, we pricked for 12 things today and got a big fat zero result! I though the next step was RAST test but the doctor said he thought DS2 had dermatagraphism. I had never even heard of it! Does anyone else have a child who suffers from this? I have done some research and I understand it just looking for a fellow mom to talk to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->