living with kids with allergies group

Hi girls, haven't been on here for months now, but thought I'd update - LO had RAST tests for egg, peanuts, tree nuts, milk, wheat and soya and is allergic to egg and peanuts. Her score was 3 - we haven't got an appointment to discuss the results until October, but I doubt he'll give an epi pen because she hasn't had an anaphylactic reaction, just rashes, hives and itching.

I felt so bad the other day, LO was napping upstairs and my friend came over with her son and gave him a sandwich to eat as it was lunchtime. I spotted that it was peanut butter and had to ask her to hold him while he ate it so he didn't get peanut traces all round the house. She ended up giving him something else to eat. I also had to give LO Piriton at a birthday party a couple of weeks ago- I'd given her a ham and tomato sandwich from the buffet and didn't even think to check it... LO started scratching her Tongue so I looked inside the sandwich and saw white stuff. I never put Mayo or salad creme in sandwiches so it didn't even occur to me to check :dohh:

I'm so grateful that she doesn't have a more serious reaction to it, I'd probably have landed her in hospital (or worse) by now :-(

Hey cupcake - I can't really help with the dermatagraphism - but I had a mild form of it a few years ago, I'd mainly come up hives where my underwear would touch my skin, and also my elbows where I'd lean on the desk at work.

I'd had an awful skin reaction to something (Agnes castus, I suspect) and I was given a huge dose of steroids to calm my allergic reaction down. The hives started after that, so I assume they'd been caused by the steroids. Had he had some drugs which might have caused an increased reaction and therefore caused the hives? Just a possibility x

Hi Ladies,
I was just looking for some advice really. My little girl appears to have a few allergies coming out recently which haven't been confirmed except the egg one. She can't tolerate loosely cooked eggs but is fine with cake etc.

I've also recently started to give her a little bit of cows milk before bed to get her used to the taste as I'm back to work soon and won't be there during the week sometimes to feed her. After 3 nights in a row of it last night she came out in hives and blotches all over her chest, face and arms so I had to get the Piriton out. She can tolerate yoghurt and cheese so I'm guessing it's just whole milk that is the problem?

She also reacts to Plums, but I think it might just be the pollen or yeast on the skins rather than the fruit itself?

The doctor said hopefully she'll just grow out of the egg allergy, but what about the milk? Do you think they would refer her for allergy testing as I keep hearing that they don't like to. I'm pretty worried about letting her near a peanut to be honest and I'm not usually a worrier but these reactions are so fast and starting to scare me. I'd hate to keep sensitising her to all these allergens and her end up having a massive reaction.

Sorry for the essay!

If you are seeing reactions to milk then i dont see why they would test for it.
Milk allergy can be grown out of aswell :)

Also a milk allergy doesnt always come up positive even if there is one. Connor was tested at 4 months it came back negative but was tested again at a year and it came back positive

hi girls, quick question

if you get your little ones formula on prescription, how many tubs do they give you at a time?? (having a nightmare with our dr's :()

Hi!

Katerina is having about 2 tins per week and we get a month's worth each time. They are very accommodating though and gave us for 3 months now as we were going to be away for too long!

Not sure how to answer as we get sachets rather than tins and only do two cups a day. What are they being a pain with?

well they will only issue 1 tub at a time ..... he currently uses 1 tub a week ....... but they won't re-issue for another MONTH!!! So I had too get the dietician too contact them asking for 4 tubs a month, this was last week and they STILL haven't sorted it, I have enough for maybe another 4 days so been on phone trying too get them too sort it today, the receptionist was all huffy & puffy with me and agreed too issue another single tub but thats only gonna last another week ...... what am I meant too give him for the other 2 sodding weeks! It's not rocket science 1 tub a week is 4 tubs a month! The receptionist said she would get the dr too review it after I threw a mini diva asking if she wanted my baby too either starve or be very poorly because he had too be giving dairy or soya!

OMG this is so wrong! I mean how hard can it be? Can you not go there and not leave till they sort it out? Or get an emergency appointment -lie if you have to!- or a telephone appointment. If you explain to the GP they must give you the tins you need!

Ours works abit different, we order from the diatician and then a company delivers them to our house. We get 4 boxes of sachas at a time and can order as often as needed

And me, im dreading the appointment at hospital though. If they dont do something to help him im going to sit there until they do lol

We are doing well! We are off almost all medications apart from 1 and no tummy troubles! :happydance:

Hello :) Im Holly and my little girl Erin is 5 months old now and allergic to cows milk protein (as far as we know so far). She is on Neocate milk after trying Aptamil Pepti which didnt work but it seems like we've finally found something now that works.

We're just starting weaning which is going to be fun! :haha: We have a meet with the dietitian next tuesday.

Hope everyone is well :flower:

Hi Holly! Hope weaning goes well for you! Glad you found a milk that is working! :thumbup:

I challenged Little Man with a little Soya Yogurt yesterday, my poor boy has had reflux ever since!! is this a normal reaction if they have an intolerance?

Im not sure, when connor was tried with soya for the second time he just got the symptoms back which he had when he was first tried. Sickness, runs, in pain.

Hi holly, quite alot of us seem to be on neocate well the babies not us but id never even heard of it until connor was put on it.

How has little man been buttonnose? Your signiture makes me smile everytime i see it:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->