living with kids with allergies group

How did they test him for it hun, my toddler is CMPA but is still reacting but it's only to certain wheat products like wraps and things like that. Were at hospital on Tuesday just want a little idea what might happen. Dies connor get wheezy and sore eyes? That's what's confusing me the most. He has the rash stomach cramps increase in excema sp? The runs awful nappy rash what are like burns but gets really wheezy and rubs his eyes none stop x

Connor had all those symptoms apart from sore eyes but connor also had blood in his poo. Connor had a colonoscopy with biopsies taken.

We tried Katerina with wheat and she reacted! So one more for our list! It seems endless! :dohh:

Connor had all those symptoms apart from sore eyes but connor also had blood in his poo. Connor had a colonoscopy with biopsies taken.

Ds often has blood there but when no one listened about the milk be gained a fisher tear and that still causes us some problem so I couldn't say one way I'd that is causing blood or not. Is biopsies the gernral thing to test for it then? X

Im not sure how they normally test because an actual wheat allergy is so rare were as an intolerence is alot more common if that makes sense?

:hi: Holly, welcome!

Button, i think reaction types can change over time, a new one we had recently was the face swelling up but it wasnt an original symptom. So id say the reflux could be related.

Im not sure, when connor was tried with soya for the second time he just got the symptoms back which he had when he was first tried. Sickness, runs, in pain.

Hi holly, quite alot of us seem to be on neocate well the babies not us but id never even heard of it until connor was put on it.

How has little man been buttonnose? Your signiture makes me smile everytime i see it:)

Little Man is ok apart from this attack following his soya challenge, he is back too pooping 4 - 6 times a day and poorly tummy and the reflux, just hope it gets out of his system soon, it was days ago we tried it now and he literally had only 6 baby spoons full, but seems too be taking ages too shift, other than that and his blooming teeth he is doing great now! His eczema is ALOT better, he no longer looks like a burns victim (which he looked like when it was at it's worst :() he just has the odd patches that we keep ontop of with his creams. He is now full time formula after 10 months of breast feeding and he has settled well on it (Pepti 2) however I am starting too wonder if that could be the cause of the bowel issues recently (he has gone from solid poop's back too mushy ones yet he eats loads?) Other than that though he really is fab, keeping me on my toes and into EVERYTHING lol typical boy you might say!

I hope Connor is doing well :hugs:

:hi: Holly, welcome!

Button, i think reaction types can change over time, a new one we had recently was the face swelling up but it wasnt an original symptom. So id say the reflux could be related.

I thought that might be the case :(

Thinking about it, he did suffer with reflux as a baby but it settled after we stopped the dairy/soya, so maybe it has always been a symptom on his and I am only just realising it :shrug:

AG connor never had his face swell up until we gave him shellfish, he'd never had that happen before with his allergys

It was with cheese it happened with Alex, hes had it loads of times before but one occasion he swelled.
I wonder if its something with the curdling as it happened with a bit of tikka masala sauce which is made with cream

Been at the hospital today the rast test was clear for wheat soya egg White and yolk but they had to do a blood test to make sure with the wheat. They are also testing him for celiac sp? Anemia and anew other things aswel as diabeties :( so we gave progressed but still no more answers apart from CMPA! It took 4 of us to hold him while they did the blood test it was awful :( think it's hit me quite hard today after a few tough days with quite bad reactions. I sat in the waiting section and just cried my eyes out! Had a few strange looks!

We are doing ok. Katerina is only just getting better from her wheat reaction. It took a few good days :nope:

I am considering taking her here in Greece where I am at the moment to test her for allergies to see if there is anything we haven't tried that she is allergic to as I'm done trying. Even the doctors have told us to stop trying to let her heal.

That must be fruistrating when even the Docs give up :(

If its not too stressful then might be worth trying?

:hugs: Emily

frank had his appointment today, they just did bloods and we get the results in NOVEMBER?! :|

November! Geez thats ages! Though i guess doesnt surprise me....When Alexs tests were done we didnt find out the results untill the next consultant appointment whcih at that point was at least 6 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->