living with kids with allergies group

so upset this evening i just want my happy toddler back looks like he wont be 'normal' again for months now :cry:

hi everyone thought i would drop in as my little girl has alergies 2.

she was diagnosed with it at 3 months old so weve become used 2 what she can and cant have around her wich has made her alergies alot more controled.

her alergies r called inhalent alergies so she alergic to stuff around her i.e polish soaps any cleaning stuff certon wipes, nappys, washing powder, things like that more than stuff she eats shes fine with most foods its more whats in the air for us.

it was hard work to start with but since shes been on medacine and we only use natral vegan cleaning products its goten easyer.

oh and also she cant be around any pets with furr

is sad today for the first time in ages i feel like my little girls alergies r afecting her.
all my friends and fam r taking there kids 2 chester zoo and of course my little girl cant go it would make her terribley ill. she got sick after spending an hour in a room with my anties hamster.

of course my sister is saying we will go somwere else a diff day but i would love to take her to see the animals she loves animals in all her books and on tv she would realy love it.

Hi Everyone!

I have a strong familly history of allergy, my 5year old son has asthma, and a hazlenut&peanut allergy which we found when a rouge nut got into his icecream at the park, and he went into anaphylaxis. Anyway, my 8month old was diagnosed with reflux recently, as frequently gets a nocturnal cough, congestion, and after what we thought was a tummy bug has a dry red raised rash, most severe around his mouth, but light covering all over. He hasn't slept in months! I went for his 8month check yest, and felt really let down by the amount of support. The h.v said im sure it is dairy causing the porblems, but just cut down for now, while the dr said cut it out until one, but put regular formula in his cereal (a cows milk derivative! great advice!) Soooo im going it alone for now, and will get advise from my edest sons consultant nxt mnth if i can. I am pumping to put milk in his ceral and cooking, but am really struggling to find desery ideas. Really hope cutting out all dairy works, or else we are back to the drawing board. Feels like someone has it in for us sometimes between the lot of us we have every allergy known to man LOL. Any advice much appreciated regarding dairy! xxx

I'm sorry you are going through this. I don't have much advice, we have cut dairy as Katerina has reflux and wouldn't sleep due to tummy pain/colicky pain and she is a lot better. We are still struggling with many other allergies of her but we are finally getting somewhere.

I would definitely go to the doctor though for advice! :hugs:

:hi: mamaofthree
Have you tried substitures from soya, rice and oats? You can get cartons of Oatley milk in the UHT section thats good for adding to food and cereals.

Hiya Arcanegirl, Khloee i think it was suggested Oatly in a post a put on baby club. That would be sooo much easier than pumping every day....dont have much time spare these days!Plus it can go in the micro presumably lol, which bm milk cant, so easier all rnd.So is it adequate nutritionally, and can i get it at an ordinary supermarket?

Thanks Happyface! The gp literally said cut it out, then re try at a year old, however i just have this niggle it will be an entire childhood thing cuz of the way we all are. I just feel she was brushing it off as nothing, which is is ridiculous considering what we went through with ds1. I mean that would make anyone edgy at the slightest hint of allergy. Will defo speak to my sons consultant tho, he's sensible.

Does anyone know how long it takes for dairy to be out of a babies system? I have cut everything for two days now, and his sin is looking clearer& he hasn't been sick (so far)

Hope evryones well
Thanks again
Rach
xx

I was just looking on fb a pic of a little boy 2 months younger than Katerina how is enjoying some ice-cream as it's so hot here. It bugs be so much that Katerina can have hardly anything. :nope:

i said that about the icecream too my mum the other day, she suggested sorbet :) maybe she would like that??

I have thought about it but she is allergic to some fruits so not sure what to try! :dohh:

Hi ladies - was just wondering if anyone's had to ever have their LO come off Neocate as allergies were no longer an issue?

My LO was put on it at 6 weeks and is now 6 months. We opted to do a dust mite trial with her and with the skin prick test it came out she was allergic to nothing! These details are going to get sent to her doctor and I fear they're going to stop prescribing her neocate and we'll be forced to use ordinary formula.

With weaning we've not included milk/dairy/eggs or soya - do I test it out? She usually gets a delayed reaction of 3 days if not having had a substance for a while, or within 12 hours if sooner (or 5 minutes after if constantly exposed!)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->