living with kids with allergies group

Shared my worry that i thought LO would have to come off of Neocate the other day but the paed reckons she has a non-ige milk allergy so we're staying on it for now! hoorah!

Gotta try soya with her though but typical of my town don't have any soya yoghurts to be seen! Gonna have to give that to her for 3 days, see what happens. If that's a success she'll be put on soya formula...

Hows everyone doing? LO is refusing to eat just about anything :( dont know what to do. Got to ring hospital later and see what they

Soz to hear that Jemma :( Hope you have some luck with the hospital!

I'm wondering if anyone on here has a LO that tolerates Soya but not milk?

We tried alpro soya yoghurts as suggested the other day for breakfast 3 days in a row and she seemed to be totally fine! Not sure if like CMP she perhaps needs constant exposure for a result though...

My question really is (and i'll probably post this in weaning too) has anyone used the Soya milk in cooking - the carton that says for 1+ year olds? I was tempted to get it and have been using Neocate with her porridge or baby weetabix up until now which quite frankly makes it smell and taste disgusting lol but LO gets on with it okay. I just wanna get a better source and variety of fats and proteins into her as with her crawling and standing up so early the weight just doesn't stay on her and we've nearly dropped a centile in a month :( Any advice welcome.

xxx

Alex doesnt tollerate Soya milk, but when we were testing him with it I did use it in cooking with no problems.

Soz to hear that Jemma :( Hope you have some luck with the hospital!

I'm wondering if anyone on here has a LO that tolerates Soya but not milk?

We tried alpro soya yoghurts as suggested the other day for breakfast 3 days in a row and she seemed to be totally fine! Not sure if like CMP she perhaps needs constant exposure for a result though...

My question really is (and i'll probably post this in weaning too) has anyone used the Soya milk in cooking - the carton that says for 1+ year olds? I was tempted to get it and have been using Neocate with her porridge or baby weetabix up until now which quite frankly makes it smell and taste disgusting lol but LO gets on with it okay. I just wanna get a better source and variety of fats and proteins into her as with her crawling and standing up so early the weight just doesn't stay on her and we've nearly dropped a centile in a month :( Any advice welcome.

xxx

Abi is fine with soya but can't tolerate milk!
We asked the dietician about soya milk milk and we use the normal one for cooking, and breakfast etc not the 1+ as shes still having formula and a good diet she doesn't need those extra bits etc but you could use it if you wanted to, we were told to use it if she was gonna drink it instead of her nutramigen.

Hope this helps. I should warn you though that it has a lower boiling point than cows milk or formula and we've had a few microwave explosions!

i use alpro 1+
i just give him it on a morning with breakfast as hes still breastfeeding.
on his cereal and in cup, its much much sweeter than any other soya milk.

Hi, haven't been on here for a while, my LO tests came back with a definite egg, strawberry and kiwi allergy so we have to stay clear of those for a while. She has also just had a reaction (mostly hives on her back/front) to something else twice now and I have narrowed it down to either barley or celery - does anyone know if these are quite common as the consultant didnt mention these as being usual allergenic foods?

Berley ive not heard much on, but celery I have...Its been listed under the allergy advice under some foods ive seen

I have seen celery mentioned on some foods but not the others.

How is everyone?

We are doing well. Katerina is finally better. It took her a good 3 months of daily antihistamines and strict diet for her gut to recover! Poor baby! I was wondering if its worth trying some goat milk/yogurt? I've read so many good things about it and apparently many people who are intolerant to cows milk react well to that.

Any ideas? Is it best to try it cooked first? I just want her to eat some variety even if she has Nutramigen as her formula. Also, do you think that since she is ok with oats for breakfast I could maybe offer her oatly to drink? Or use it to cook? She should be ok with that, no? Any advice greatly appreciated! :thumbup:

Found this on another forum, thought I would share it:

https://api.ning.com:80/files/ZJvM9...r2dJdFeKe1wzr1ZJQHlIMwCQHPm/Yogurtfraiche.JPG

https://api.ning.com:80/files/ilfVj...B9T1tqGY1NZVe5AHchlMykn/Soupandwhitesauce.JPG

I know I'll be excited to try smt new as I haven't been creative so far! :thumbup:

Did everyone know you can get egg-replacer??? https://www.healthysupplies.co.uk/o...eplacer.html?gclid=CO6UpNDu06sCFQIKfAodcz9iOw

I hope I'm not boring you! This is new to me. Never thought to look for some!

Ohhh thanks Happyface!
Glad Katerina is finally better, are you still on a strict diet with her?

Alex is okay, he still reacts to things but he seems to be able to have the odd allergenic food here and there without affecting him too badly.
Im dreading winter, im certain his skin will get worse again with the cold and central heating.

I've not been in here fore ages because little man had been doing ok on his dairy & soya free diets but then MIL was caught feeding him stuff he shouldn't have had at his party (on purpose ...... she really is twisted) and then he caught a tummy bug which was made 10 times worse by his already sensitive tummy for the dairy MIL had fed him, it's been a nightmare week and now he finally recovering but refusing too eat much at all and well TMI ALERT his poop is just yellow water, it literally soaks into his nappy it is just pure water that is yellow and smells VILE. I really don't know what too do, he has lost weight and just doesn't want too eat and won't even take much formula :(

Oh Buttonnose sorry about your MIL :growlmad: I would be fuming!! Hope he recovers soon! :hugs:

We are still on a very strict diet yes. We tried wheat during the summer and she reacted so now its: dairy, egg, soya, fish and wheat. Quite a lot!

I was wondering, since she is ok with oats for breakfast and oatcakes, she would be ok with oatly products right?

I don't have first hand expericience of this yet as Noah hasn't had any stomach bugs yet but the dietician told us if he ever gets sick and won't take formula you can get sachets of stuff that helps rehydrated and provides other "stuff" (sorry forget what the stuff is :dohh: ) I think they are called something like oralyte.

As for the MIL thing we arent there yet but Noah is currently dairy and soya free and likely to be more according to gastro paed and my MIL told me in no uncertain terms not giving Noah dairy is stupid and she won't be doing that. Well easy solution to that bitch woman, you just won't see him :grr:

I don't understand why you'd do that to a child knowingly. In my eyes it's actually abuse.

my MIL is like that, she is on some twisted mission too prove there is nothing wrong with little man, this isn't the first time she's done it, she even once tried too tell me too just half the amount of milk or butter i put in cooking and he will be fine .... erm NO!

we have been giving him Electrolade when he was really bad, it is a rehydration drink

I totally agree! My MIL hasn't done it yet but the times she has asked Katerina in front of me: Would you like some chocolate? And I have to jump in!! I mean seriously. She thinks that her feeling of giving her something that tastes good is more important than her health?? Plus Katerina is not a baby any more, you can't rub it in her face you know! Rant over! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->