living with kids with allergies group

I'm sure you can find loads of dairy free muffin recipes online. I guess its just about trying them out :) Do share if you find a good one :thumbup:

Hey ladies, can you suddenly start reacting to something if you never really have before?
Abi's eczema has really come up badly on her face this weekend after being under control for such a long time and it seems to be worse after she eats anything tomato based, she probably has had more tomatoey things this weekend than normal but as she has never had a problem didn't think about it at the time.
Any suggestions?

I think you can start reacting to anything at any time i'm afraid! Its the same as adults. Some people just suddenly react to something they've been eating all their lives! I'm sorry! :hugs:

Buttonnose how about oatcakes with slices of fruit?

saraabi have you had the heating on more often recently?? I have noticed little mans skin is starting to get really dry again and red patches coming up but it's been since we started having the heating on a little, central heating really dry's out the skin :(

happyface ..... I like that idea, thanks!

Second the central heating, Alexs skin was awful last year because of it and hes got a little patch thats come up again since weve had it on a few times.

Im dreading winter :(

Were at the hosp today for Alexs checkup

That's interesting. I was noticing Katerina is having a new dry patch on her legs. She had those last year, mostly before she was treated and I was worried she has reacted to smt new!

Good luck with the check up Arcanegirl!

Alexs appointment took a grand total of.......30 minutes! And we were 15 mins late from coming from a different transport were not used to.

Alex did the most epic thing he could do aswell...and fell asleep through the whole thing!
The nurse called us to get him weighed and height checked, but didnt have the heart to wake him. I told her I had no concerns that he had gotten lighter or shorter :lol:

The consultant is happy to continue as we are and were back in 4 months to re do his blood and skin prick tests.
He was a bit concerned though about his milk intake, we had cut down how much we made up as we were finding Alex wasnt drinking it all and just wasting alot. So weve to expect a call from the dietitian about that.

:haha: a him falling asleep! Glad it went well. How much milk is he having? Can you not offer him other thigns like yogurt if he doesn't want to have milk? Lots of kids don't really like milk I can't see it being such a big problem? :shrug:

There isnt any type of yogurt he can have :nope:
He likes the milk (neocate) but he just wont drink a full cup. I just find it such a waste when i know we can offer him less and he'll drink it all.

Could you maybe make him some yogurt with oatmilk? Or even Neocate! One small pot would have 3 scoops of Neocate so not bad if he has 1 day! Or else you could maybe use it to make some potato puree or spinach puree. I've been thinking about it a lot recently as I want to cut down on the calcium supplements Katerina is taking! And you can offer it of course with some oats maybe? :shrug:

I can tell you! hehe The one with Neocate you need : 6 scoops Nutramigen (sorry not 3!), 1tbsp corn flour and 180ml cold water.

Mix the cornflour with a little water to form a smooth paste and then gradually add the remaining water. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring continuously until the mixture thickens (probably took a bit longer than 3 min). Take the saucepan off the heat and gradually add the powder, whisking well to form a smooth texture. Leave to cool in a cold water bath -fill a large bowl with cold water and sit the bowl containing the yoghurt in it. Store the yoghurt in a covered container in the fridge.

With oatmilk or any other milk -ricemilk, coconutmilk): https://www.skrewtips.com/2009/04/20/making-yogurt/

Looks super easy but I haven't tried yet. Someone on another forum recommended it. I've ordered some yoghurt culture so will try it when it arrives. I will make it with the oatmilk that is enriched. Its got more calcium than Nutramigen! :winkwink: Also, a friend told me a trick. If you don't want to buy a thermometer she said to make sure that you can leave your finger in the heated milk for 10 seconds to make sure it is not too hot!

Potatoe puree is easy: boil the poatoes and then put in the food processor with milk! :)

Spinach puree I haven't done in years was just thinking the other day so maybe google but pretty much the same concept!

Hope this helps a bit! :thumbup:

Also! Ricepudding!! I just remembered. I will try next! Was given a recipe so need it try this out. :winkwink:

I tried rice pudding, it failed miserably :lol:
Will try the yoghurt though! Spinach puree sounds a bit...yuk:

Oh the Neocate...ours are in sachets, we dont use scoops! Any idea how much it would work out as?

Oups! Is it difficult? Well I will try the recipe I got given and if it is a success I'll let you know! :winkwink:

It sais on the tin 1 scoop is 30gr. As for spinach puree its yummy! I think it is actually made with cream and not milk :dohh: my mum used to cook it. Shame we now live in a different country :haha:

I think if you can get him to eat 1 pot of yoghurt per day that will make a big difference! :winkwink:

Not sure if its difficult! Just didnt work for me :lol:
Yogurt made and cooling, i jsut used half the sachet which i think is about 4 scoops

Perfect! Hopefully he will enjoy that. Maybe you can add some fruit? Katerina loves her milk (even though it stinks :dohh:) so she ate it fine! Its so easy to make isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->