living with kids with allergies group

So basically MILs are generally twisted then.

One day I'm going to write all the crap my MIL does down in a book so when Noah is grown up and has a family, I can read it all back just incase I have turned into an interfering know it all as I've aged!!

So basically MILs are generally twisted then.

One day I'm going to write all the crap my MIL does down in a book so when Noah is grown up and has a family, I can read it all back just incase I have turned into an interfering know it all as I've aged!!
:haha:

Well on gastro paeds orders I started weaning Noah again on wednesday. We started with porridge as baby rice makes his reflux worse. I was told to do porridge once a day for a week and he'd phone back.

Yesterday Noah did a horrible mucus poop and alarm bells started going off and then last night was horrendous, back to him sleeping for 30 minutes max and then screaming and drawing his knees up etc.

So that's weaning knocked on the head again until I can speak to gastro paed or dietician. This is attempt four at weaning and I know Noah needs to eat but this cycle can't go on. Everytime we do this it takes me over a fortnight on neocate only to get him settled back to sleeping for 1.5 to 2 hours at a time at night and much less discomfort :grr:

Oh honey I'm sorry things are so bad. Could he be reacting to gluten or did you get gluten free?

It's gluten and dairy free and the rice in it is wholegrain so meant to easier on their tummies.

There seems to be so much conflicting advise out there as well. There seems to be a group who think trialing a food for 7 days is a good idea and then a group who think it's really a bad idea to do it for as long as 7 days because reflux and CMPI babies are more likely to have low tolerance levels to certain things.

I don't really know what the best solution is anymore :nope:

CMPI babies having a low tollerance to other things has certainly been true for Alex, theres alot he doesnt tollerate loads of but could have an small amout now and then.

It must be difficult, im not sure what id do either.
Can/have you tried any fruit or veg purees?

The last time we tried weaning before the endoscopy he had pureed carrot, pureed sweet potato and carrot and parsnip. We weaned for 12 days reactions started around day 4 and the blooming dietician told me to keep going until he was in a complete state. From that I don't know what caused the initial reaction or what made it worse :shrug:

It really is like starting from scratch again.

To be honest I wouldn't wait for a week if he is already showing signs that he is not well. Is he doing better just with milk? Did you say he is on Neocate? Maybe its worth trying Nutramigen? I know its impossible to react on Neocate but Katerina never did well on it so she is now on Nutramigen. Just a thought. :shrug:

He's fine when he's just on the neocate. It really settled things down before we introduced food. He was on nutramigen first and it made things worse.

Ive not given him any porridge today so hopefully things will start to clear through and settle again.

I am really gutted for you because I've been there and I know exactly how difficult this is. Katerina was really unwell for more than 6 months. Hardest 6 months of my life. I remember stay up at nights with her as she as well kept waking up every 30 min researching on my phone what on earth I can do to help her. I really don't know what to say. :shrug:

Is it not an option to leave him on just milk for a month or so to fully recover? Our consultant told us at some point when Katerina was better to no try anything new and let her heal properly for a couple of months. Maybe its just a case of him healing inside? I mean there are people who just give babies milk at that age, no?

Ultimately it's my decision as whether I keep him on milk only for a while longer and I wouldn't have a problem with that but after the previous attempt at weaning 6 weeks ago Noah reduced his milk intake from 32oz per day down to 20oz if I'm lucky. Due to that he's not gaining weight anymore so I think that's why the consultant is really pushing solids.

He did also tell me at our first appointment that he wouldn't do anything else for the reflux until Noah was weaned properly.

If I could get Noah to drink enough milk so that he was gaining weight again i'd do that :thumbup:

Well spoke to the dietician today and I've to leave Noah on only neocate until Wednesday and then try pureed pear :shrug:

Hopefully he can tolerate pear :thumbup:

Weve seen diatician today, not much to report really apart from hes got to stay on these high calorie drinks

Good luck with the pear, hope he can tolerate it

Heres hoping, it would be nice to be able to add something to the "can eat" column of the note stuck to my fridge :dance:

I know how hard it is, ive been there. Weve still got alot of problems now and even though LO never suffered from reflux weve been through hell and still are going through hell tbh but it will get better. Im only ever a pm away if you ever want to talk x

oh gilz82 sounds like your having a hard time, hopefully he will do well with the pear

Jemma I hope Connor is doing ok after the past couple weeks :hugs:

how is everyone else doing??

I need some ideas for breakfasts & lunch's (thats are dairy & soya free), little man isn't a fan of mushy type foods so won't eat porridge etc but he also isn't a fan of cereal! then lunches I just struggle too keep it interesting and different for him, so all ideas welcome

x

I've been thinking of ideas for food as well as its so boring at the moment. Can you maybe try some pancakes for breakfast? And maybe offer them with some fruit or smt. You can just substitute the milk with whatever milk he is having and there you go! I'm about to try some soon actually, I just got some egg replacer and hope Katerina will be fine on it! :thumbup:

Its a bit annoying actually, to make her pancakes I need egg replacer, wheat free flour and dairy free milk. How much more complicated can it get? :dohh:

I make him drop scones on a weekend with banana, apple, or raisins in

I am wondering if there is some kind of breakfast muffin i can make him, he isn't a fan of having the same thing in a row for breakfasts either lol fussy boy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->