living with kids with allergies group

Were not doing to well at the minute, back at hospital this week so hopefully get some answers

Were not doing to well at the minute, back at hospital this week so hopefully get some answers

Oh no!! :nope: Hope you get some answers and he is better soon! Big hug! If you ever need to talk you can pm me! :hugs:

ugh just a rant...
but i am so tired of people suggestions who know nothing about allergies
people are always asking me about homeopathic things, I am not against it really, but its not going to make my son magically not allergic. people keep asking me why is he staying at home? what is your plan? um I don't have one and if he could go to daycare then I would send him but I am too scared. Its so easy when its not your baby to give all the advice. I just generally find people are like oh is allergic, okay so he will get a rash or sore stomach, no he is anaphalactically allergic, its life threatening!

there are a lot of great people who do their best to accommodate my son, just the annoying ones really get to me!

Cupcake I don't think people realise how complicated allergies can be for kids. Katerina has not had a life threatening reaction but only the fact that she has been unwell for half her life is enough for me to worry like crazy! And people just don't get that!

I think Katerina is allergic to corn. She has been unwell on and off since we came back to London in mid-September and I just couldn't figure it out. I realised she's had those organic carrot sticks a few times and they are mainly corn. I've never really tested her on corn before, silly me :dohh: I also made her some yogurt a couple fo time with corn flour. She seems to be getting a lot of tummy pains again, disturbed sleep, vile poo and also some dry patches on her legs that we hadn't had for a good few months now.

Will cut it out and see how she gets on!

:hugs: cupcake.

Happyface i hope you find out whats causing katrina to be ill again

Question for those with skin problems! Katerina has been getting red dry patches on her legs again. It just kit me that it could be the soap we are using. I got her something natural thinking it will be kinder to her skin but I only just noticed there is soya in it and corn. . . We know she is allergic to soya and I'm suspecting corn lately. Can this cause her skin to be like that or would small quantities like that not affect her? :shrug:

It could well affect her, we tried a goats milk cream before we knew of the dairy allergy and twigged it was making his face redder!

Hello everyone, been ages since I've been on BnB. I do apologise for my absence, it's been a busy summer.

How is everyone?

We have had Arlo's ezcema under control for almost three months now (fingers crossed). Folowing a no dairy, no egg and no soya diet seems to be the key. We finally saw a dietician and were prescribed Aptimil Pepti. The CMP is not as broken down as with something like Neocate, but as Arlo is tolerating small amounts of dairy in his diet and because she was worried he wouldn't take to the more nasty tasting formulas at his age, the dietician thought this would the best option to try him on. We've not had any issues with it yet. He has one botte a day and i'm still BFing in the mornings, bedtime and during the night. I seem to be able to eat whatever I want now without it affecting him through my milk.

So very good news for us all in all. It's lovely to see him healthy and rash free after all the problems we had.

Hi all! :wave: I hope everyone and their LOs are doing well :hugs:

I haven't been on this thread in ages but I wanted to update everyone quickly. As some of you know, Bun had a problem with dairy since birth - it caused frequent (8-10/day) poos with lots of blood/mucous, eczema, pain, weight loss, lack of weaning, etc.

Anyway, I wanted to give some hope to those who have been told their LO could outgrow it! I quit all dairy in my diet (I was BF) at 7 months when Bun would not wean and was losing weight and his other issues were just getting worse. He was a different baby in 2 weeks, started eating, and gained a pound in the first month! Since then I would test him with dairy every few months to see where we were at. At around 14 months I stopped watching the dairy in my diet and all seemed well, but he still couldn't deal with straight dairy on his own. A few months later, I quit watching the milk additives in foods like baked goods, etc and all was well again!! He self weaned at just before 19 months and we gave him almond milk and other sources of calcium.

Anyway, yesterday he had a regular yoghurt and all seems well! :happydance: Our dietician recommended trying yoghurt first (since it is fermented and easier on the system) so that's what we've been testing him with since he was 9 months old. And today everything seems great!!! He does have a little eczema, but that started right around the time the weather changed and got much colder so I think that's what it is. We have been using dream cream on it , but it has never been as bad as it was those first 6 months.

Anyway, I don't know if he can do straight milk yet or anything - but the yoghurt makes me believe that in the future he will hopefully be able to have whatever he likes!! Maybe even a pizza with cheese! :D

Just wanted to share. At 6 months the dietician wasn't too sure he would get over the problem since it was pretty nasty, but only 18 months later he is eating yoghurt! YAY!

Got LOs hospital appointment this afternoon so will let you all know how it goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->