living with kids with allergies group

wondering if any of you are members of FAAN?
they have a fantastic newsletter!

ya its a great website, my FIL put me onto it ( he is a professor of allergy particularly shrimp stuff, ironic huh?) anyway there newsletter is so great, they have a bunch of other information on the website , including studies, and downloads like posters for schools, reward charts for allergic kids, info on dealing with schools, and us related stuff like food labels and us policy and law.

Hi All,

Does anyone remember how long it took from GP referral to getting an apt with paeds...i just can't remember with dd1. Am a little concermned now as we are having random flare ups of eczema, no sleep, and bubs has droped two centiles since being on solids despite having about 20bfeeds a day! He was 17lb 14 at 8mnths, and now at nearly 10months he's 17lb 11....(I weigh him at a bf clinic i help to run) H.V is useless, can never get hold of her :( xxx

For us it took about 7-8 weeks but the GP put an urgent request for an appointment. Not sure if it made a difference. :shrug:

We were seen within a couple of days and that was an urgent referal

Thanks both. I think my dd1 had an urgent referral after he went into anaphalaxis as it was a week tops. hmmmm, its been about 6weeks so may check who weve been referred to, and pester their secretary.

xx

Id chase it up and see what they say. I dont want this to sound bad but if the reason is eczema i dont think they would do it as urgent unless its really bad but 6 weeks is still a long time to go without hearing anything

Id chase it up and see what they say. I dont want this to sound bad but if the reason is eczema i dont think they would do it as urgent unless its really bad but 6 weeks is still a long time to go without hearing anything

He's droped almost three centiles is anaemic, allergic to dairy (we think) and has frequent d&v...eczema is just a sign to us that things are getting out of control. I wouldn't be taking him to paeds if it was just regular mild eczema hun. Thanks tho, will defo chase it up! x

Sorry serves me right for not reading posts properly. Deffinitly ring and chase it up, hope you get an appointment soon x

Doing good over here, bought some Oatley in for another attempt at yogurt. Im going to flavour it with Krusha and see how that goes down.

We got a letter through for the dietitian to make an appointment but I dont think we need it. Were taking steps to try and get more milk/calcium into Alex already.

Little man is doing good at the moment again, just not sleeping fab, otherwise good and his tummy finally seems too be healing after his tummy bug almost a month ago now!

Wish I could say I was good too but alas, it's not meant too be :(

AG - Congratulations!!!! I just noticed your ticker! :winkwink: Please let me know if you have any luck with the yogurt. I failed miserably twice! :haha:

Katerina is not doing great again so I've cut out a few things to see if we will see an improvement. :shrug:

Can I get some advice girls? She has some dry patches on her legs, she had them last year before we switched her formula and doctor said it was from her allergies. This time though there is one of them that has an off colour. It just looks different than the others. Its dry but just looks yellowish so I know its not a bruise or anything. I'm attaching a pic. What do you think? mmm its not very obvious in the pics but if you have any advice it would be welcome! :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSC_7024.jpg
    DSC_7024.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 4
feeling stressed out by the allergy, keep wondering if I am doing the right thing, keeping him out of daycare. he is such a smart kid and so bored at home, but it only takes one mistake (shudder) ....
doesn't help that I get asked about it 5 xs a day by others..

I'm having a nightmare again with little man :(

His dietician said it could be 6 weeks before his stomach heals from his tummy bug, it's been over 3 weeks now and we did seem too be getting somewhere but now it is back too square one, I feel like this is more than just recover from his stomach bug and more that we might be missing something with him food intolerance wise, I don't want too ring his dietician again because she just kept saying left over tummy bug, but it was getting better and now we are back too vile vile poo's that stink too high heaven, are bright yellow and basically a mixture of liquid & mucus, he is even waking in the morning & from naps with a dirty nappy which he hasn't done since he was tiny, we have had 5 dirty nappys so far today :(

Id ring the diatician and say your not happy or ring your consultants secretary and ask for an appointment. Ive been there and really all you can do is get on at them. Its taken us nearly a year to get sorted poo wise x

Oh honey I'm so sorry. Katerina's consultant told us a few months ago about their tummies taking up to 6 weeks to heal after a bug. But he did mention that if it gets a lot worse to go back so may be worth a shot?

Have you introduced anything new?

Katerina has got a nasty ear infection at the moment and this was a major set up last time. I'm terrified what it can do to her this time. She already has lots of abdominal pain from the antibiotics :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->