living with kids with allergies group

Well hopefully better, we've got the go ahead to increase sugar intake to see what that does. So we'll go back to giving him his fruit sauces every day.

Were back at consultant tomorrow, can see it not going well:(

Eta- actually its today now, will let you know how we get on

Appointment didnt go to bad, back in 6 weeks to see consultant again

Glad it didn't go bad!

We don't go back till Jan 25 (for some reason I thought it was sooner) but Skyler seems to be doing ok on the increased sugars, one poop was runny one day but he's had corn and it all came out in full shape :rofl: with it so I'm assuming that was it. Hopefully things continue this way, we were actually able to buy him some lactose free yoghurt and though it doesn't taste the same I know he must miss his regular stuff cause he was always crazy over it.

Has anyone ever heard of this?: https://www.naet-europe.com/

Was reading about it on another forum and some people on it where saying they've had great results!

What is it they actually do, unless I'm missing a page the website doesn't really give much detail.

At this point we'd pretty much try anything non-invasive. Noah is still on absolutely no solids as he's reacted to everything apart from pear. We go back into Yorkhill on Tuesday for allergy skin testing and RAST tests but I'm not optomistic they'll help as apart from wheat and possibly potato the rest of his reactions appear to be intolerances not true allergies.

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time! :hugs: Let us know how your appointment goes! :thumbup:

Maybe have a look at this page? https://www.goodhealthforlife.co.uk/naet.php

Its from a practitioner in London. I'm browsing around to find someone to take Katerina to after Christmas see if we see any improvements.

I've never heard of it sorry.

I am happy to report that so far increased sugar is going well! S is still pooping 1-2 times a day which is A-Ok with me

That's really cool Kelly. You must be pleased!

I am seriously thinking of trying it. Will let you guys know how we get on after Christmas when we try it! :thumbup:

Happy it's about the only good news we've got in a while so I'll take it.

i really dont know what happened today, we were in the supermarket and I bought lo a yoghurt/pudding thing, there is absolutely no egg in it, after holding it for a few seconds not eating it , just holding , he start itching his face and then he starts getting hives on his face, two on his forehead, some on his cheeks, some on his eyebrows and some on his back
they came and went in the same places the whole day, even with giving him a dose of antihistamine. they just kept fading and re appearing. I dont know what he reacted to. Because he has dermagraphia its hard to know , he does randomly get a few hives, but one of the ways I can tell its food and not the dermagraphia is when it appears in a few places and then re appears. But where was the egg? maybe in the shopping cart? could he be that sensitive to dry egg, maybe someonr had eggs in there and it spilled?, the cart was clean tho. Is he allergic to something I dont know about? I have always had a suspicion about that and it makes me feel so uneasy but he has been pricked for all the main things. I havent pricked him in about 9 months, since I took him for the mmr, which he reacted to in the allergy lab. Would you go back to hte allergist? I mean what more will they do, they never seem to know anything, Its all my own trial and error really. All I have from them to two epi pens. Which obviously is important but u know what I mean.

Ohhh how weird! I dont know...I know it would bug me to know what it was but there might not be an answer? Maybe just one of those things and just keep an eye if it randomly happens again and mention to the allergist.

Alex seems to be allergic/intollerant to dogs :dohh: Im not sure which because he can stroke them and be fine, but everytime a dog licks him, his face goes red and swells!
He hasnt had any reaction to our cat, but then she doesnt lick him. She just runs away :lol:

AG im exactly the same, we have 2 dogs so i just make sure they dont lick me. If they do by accident i just put sudocream on and it helps the itchiness

Hi girls :wave:

Well Noah had his allerg tests on tuesday and he's allergic to egg and highly allergic to potato odd little man. The potato came up quicker than the histamine control! The woman doing the test said she's only seen two children ever be allergic to potato, Noah would have to be one of them.

So now he's egg and potato allergic and dairy, soya and wheat intolerant.

Started weaning again yesterday in an attempt to add to our list of safe foods which is currently only pear. He's to go back in for a barium swallow as they suspect hiatus hernia and delayed gastric emptying making the reflux worse.

How's everyone else, all organised for Christmas?

Gilz - glad to hear you are getting some answers! Hope you find some foods that agree with him! I am waiting for Christmas to be over so I can try few new things. Don't wanna try now we are away from home so sleeping is not great as it is! :dohh:

Hi girls. Glad to hear everyone seems to be moving forward!

James is poorly once again. We seem to be picking up everything since this stint in hospital. He has a virus only thank goodness.

I've never heard of someone being allergic to potato!

I'm all set for christmas and the best present yet was our early one today telling us we're having a little girl :cloud9: Now she just has to get her safely and be as healthy as possible.

Hey everyone. My son, who is 8, used to be allergic to strawberries, and he would get hives everywhere...ect, and then, he outgrew it completely, and can eat strawberries to his heart content!!! And he does!

Today, he ate kiwi, which he has had before, but today, he got hives around his mouth and his tongue swelled instantly. Anyways, he is fine...I gave him a huge dose of Benedryl, and a Advil...because he said his tongue hurt after the swelling went down.

What do we do now though??? Allergy testing? Do we just go to the doctor?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->