living with kids with allergies group

Sounds right, being allergic to the protein in milk is entirely different to lactose intollerance.
Poor love, thats exactly how Alex looked before treatment.

Poor little girl! I have no experience with those formulas my LO gets Enfamil Lactose free and his pooping has done a 180 from 8+ a day to 1-2 a day and not runny! Though we did give him tortelini with ricotta cheese last night to see what that would do since we'll be starting up small amounts of lactose soon and so far one poop, it was a big one and loose with some mucous but we'll see how the rest of today goes. Not diarrhea yet.

What food items have lower lactose for when you start to reintroduce?

so we gave lexi soya yog a teaspoon to try on advice of dietician she instantly got a rash and within 10 mins was crying so i have thrown it away i wont make her ill its not fair

My lo is allergic to soya, its hard avoiding both cmp and soya but it is doable and does get easier

My lo is allergic to soya, its hard avoiding both cmp and soya but it is doable and does get easier

same. except we just recently found out and don't know the exact severity of it yet...

how is your lo in terms of reactions and things?
and if you've weaned is he/she on rice milk?? or something similar?

His reactions are severe and hes also allergic to wheat. My Lo is 2 and half so weve done all the weaning. He was on neocate but now has oatly. His symptoms have mostly been gastro related although he also gets wheezy and really irratable. The only skin reaction he has is with his shellfish allergy, all his face swelled up and went bright red but as i said his reactions are mostly with his stomach

So I thought we were in the clear for ricotta but he had one very small diarrhea poop last night while sleeping, I heard him grunting so went it to check on him and smelled it so gave him a change then today back to normal so maybe soon enough we can start up with some lactose.

His reactions are severe and hes also allergic to wheat. My Lo is 2 and half so weve done all the weaning. He was on neocate but now has oatly. His symptoms have mostly been gastro related although he also gets wheezy and really irratable. The only skin reaction he has is with his shellfish allergy, all his face swelled up and went bright red but as i said his reactions are mostly with his stomach

Anna's seem to be all gastric too, except she gets congested and yea a little weezy.

I'm nervous to start her on solids... Going to introduce things very slowly...

What is oatly? I'm in the US we probably have a different name maybe?

Oatley is a milk made from oats, completley dairy and soya free. Its not a formula milk but great for adding to recipies for foods as it tastes nicer than formula milks.

Trying some yoghurt tomorrow fingers crossed it goes well!

As AG said oatley is not a formula milk but my Lo got to a point where he refused neocate even the flavoured ones so they recommened oatley to us and its alot nicer than neocate

Hi can I join this group? Maria seems to have allergies but we're still in the process of finding out what they are. Trying an elimination diet at the moment and I think eggs might be the culprit as her eczema is improving so much without eggs in our diet.

We have not been doing very well lately, I think Katerina reacted to sea salt if this is even possible. :shrug: She seems much better now we have cut it out of her diet -thankfully as I need some sleep :winkwink: -

Hi natsku!

Reacted to sea salt?!

Hi everyone!

Well, we went back home to Greece and she hasn't had anything new apart from sea salt. It took me ages to figure it out. I googled it and apparently you can react to it. Once I cut it out she's been doing a lot better. :shrug:

Wow, poor girl :( Glad you figured out what it was though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->