living with kids with allergies group

You will likely need a referral to one thats how it works in Canada I'm sure and you're in Canada so go to your family doc and tell them about it.

Congrats Kelly! I hope she arrives nice and healthy for you!

Jasmak, I would go see your doctor even just to note the reaction and find out if theres any similar foods that might be allergenic aswell or if its just kiwi

Just thought I'd update on Katerina.

Well we came to Greece to visit family a week ago and she's been doing worse by the day. Swollen tummy, frequent night waking, tummy ache, disgusting stinky poo. . . I couldn't for the life of me figure out why as we've been very strict with her diet and she hasn't had anything out of the ordinary. Then it hit me. The only difference is here she is having sea salt as this is what my mums has at home. According to google you can react to sea salt. In the UK I was using some kind of Himalayan salt which her nutritionist recommended to me! Anyone have any experience with this?

Also, she must be sensitive to wool as every time she lies on the carpet she has red spots all over her face where it came in contact with the carpet and they won't clear for a good couple of hours. :shrug:

Thanks, he went to the doctor today and he thinks it was a kiwi allergic reaction. He is to not eat kiwi fruit at all, and he has been referred to an allergist...which who knows how long that will take. Do I tell his school??? He is in grade three.

If he understands not to eat it then I wouldn't worry, Kiwi is not a very common fruit for kids to bring to school, maybe just letting his teacher know to ease your mind?

Happy sorry she's not doing so well.

my daughter is CMA (cows milk allergic) so completely dairy free and possibly soya intolerant she is 6 months 3 days and had a bit of a tough time of it bless her this is my lil princess Lexi (Alexa-Mae)

005.jpg

Hi Emma, i think i replied on your thread in the weaning section

Hey all!

We just got home from Seattle's, Children's hospital.

LO seems to have a cow and soy milk protein allergy...

She's been on nutramigen for a little over a week and the mucus and blood in stools soehow is a whole lot worst than it's been... and she's hardly eating (3 bottles ish around 4-6 oz a day) and yesterday had, i kid you not, at LEAST 20 poopy diapers...

In a few days if still no progress, I believe were giving either neocate, nutramigen aa, or elecare a try..

which is more preferred?
also how'd you get insurance to cover?
and what is the taste/smell/texture/color of each one just so i'm aware ahead of time... thanks!

Ive been in the position of so many runny nappies a day, its not nice at all.
I have no idea about insurance as im in the uk so it works differently over here. My LO was on neocate, it smells and tastes awful but my LO drank it and it helped with his allergy alot. I havent had any experience of the other 2 but im sure someone on here will have

Hey all!

We just got home from Seattle's, Children's hospital.

LO seems to have a cow and soy milk protein allergy...

She's been on nutramigen for a little over a week and the mucus and blood in stools soehow is a whole lot worst than it's been... and she's hardly eating (3 bottles ish around 4-6 oz a day) and yesterday had, i kid you not, at LEAST 20 poopy diapers...

In a few days if still no progress, I believe were giving either neocate, nutramigen aa, or elecare a try..

which is more preferred?
also how'd you get insurance to cover?
and what is the taste/smell/texture/color of each one just so i'm aware ahead of time... thanks!

i have also been on the receiving end of many poopey nappies and i am also from uk so unsure my daughter is on pregestimil lipil and hers is very dark green and quite loose smells awful, also makes her wee smell to the extent that sometimesu check as u are convinced they are stinky when they are not :haha::haha:

i think alexa may be soya intolerant too as she has gunky eyes, runny nose, faster breathing, cough and is cryin g and constipated when she has food with it in... i phoned ditician for advice she told me to feed her a soya pudding and see what happens which i am a lil uneasy about her being so young i dont want to make her ill

instead we eliminated soya from her diet and she had a normal dirty nappy , no crying the gunky eyes dryed up also... what do u ladies think?

If you noticed a change from elimination then i would carry on with keeping it out of her diet.

Alex is on Neocate ofr his milk, the blackcurrant version. It smells vile but hes always taken okay to it.

If you noticed a change from elimination then i would carry on with keeping it out of her diet.

Alex is on Neocate ofr his milk, the blackcurrant version. It smells vile but hes always taken okay to it.

blackcurrant milk? lexi was put on pregestimil as she had the most awful eczema break out u can imagine when she went onto formula from breast milk at first they said lactoce intolerance then went hosp and them sed cows milk allergic as u dont get skin rash with lactose? :cry:
298716_2364836005316_1382875944_32885614_2830629_n.jpg

300522_2364836325324_1382875944_32885616_7585952_n.jpg

this was one week after they put her on pregestimil the gp was gobsmacked

311404_2381856150809_1382875944_32910093_1045613_n.jpg

then she was failing to thrive and not gaining til we started early weaning

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members