living with kids with allergies group

Poor little girl, at least you've made it better happy.

Us on the other hand are day 3 with yoghurt every day and so far so good. Not sure how soon I should see a difference but S is still pooping as per usual. He loves yoghurt to so it's nice to give him something he missed so much. Keeping my fingers crossed that nothing else changes, if not I'll call the dietician and ask which cheeses are best to start him on, ie lower lactose. We're still holding off on the milk though cause he was fine on yoghurt and cheese before but once we started the whole milk it all went down the tube.

So my girl's been diagnosed with allergic colitus... lol i'm sure everyone knows what this is. Milk and soy allergy..

Anyways, she's been diagnosed with that and she's doing well on nutramigen? we're starting our 3rd week on it and all seems GREAT... poops slowed way down and are compARablie to bf baby poop (i assume it's because she's digesting it well).

Question is, I thought nutramigen would set off reactions in kids with true allergies?

Maybe depends on the severity?

I'm sooo happy it doesn't look as if we're going to need neocate or milks of that sort...

We're having another test for blood in her stool in 2 weeks, should I expect any if she's doing so great?

I dont know about nutrimigen as my LO has always been on neocate. My lo still has blood and mucus in his stools even though he is on a really strict diet.

So my girl's been diagnosed with allergic colitus... lol i'm sure everyone knows what this is. Milk and soy allergy..

Anyways, she's been diagnosed with that and she's doing well on nutramigen? we're starting our 3rd week on it and all seems GREAT... poops slowed way down and are compARablie to bf baby poop (i assume it's because she's digesting it well).

Question is, I thought nutramigen would set off reactions in kids with true allergies?

Maybe depends on the severity?

I'm sooo happy it doesn't look as if we're going to need neocate or milks of that sort...

We're having another test for blood in her stool in 2 weeks, should I expect any if she's doing so great?

nutrimagen is like pregestimil which my daughter is on there is no milk protein in it its digested broken down and fully hydrolysed chain of proteins that are easily digested meaning no reaction :) :flower: changing teh subject we get lexi weighed tomorrow and hopefully she has gained some weight since we started weaning :thumbup: this morn i was eating my cereal while feeding her her bottle and i dripped one drop of milk onto her cheek accidentally i have never seen such a red angry rash appear :cry: poor lil girl x

Poor little girl, weve been lucky enough not to have a skin reaction apart from to his shellfish allergy. Are you under a diatician and consultant to help you?

Poor little girl, weve been lucky enough not to have a skin reaction apart from to his shellfish allergy. Are you under a diatician and consultant to help you?

we have a dietician but dont see her again until 8th feb

Hi just wanted to say "hi". I am mum to two gorgeous cherubs. Evie is 2.5 years and was allergic to dairy, eggs and peanuts (diagnosed by SPT at 8 months). She was also likely allergic to salmon, but it was never tested. She had bad reflux and eczema and had hives on contact with eggs. She has grown out of the salmon and the dairy (although only tolerates small amounts of dairy) and I think she will grow out of the egg and peanut.
I also have Liam, who is 3 months. He showed signs of reflux and allergic colitis from 3 weeks. He was borderline FTT and has eczema too. He hasn't been SPT yet (booked in at 6 months), but I know egg, soy and beef are a problem. I am breastfeeding and went on a very strict elimination diet avoiding all major allergens. I also have to supplement with Neocate.

I hope to get to know some people here. I can't believe I now have two!! And just as one was improving and growing out of it, I start again on the next. He seems like he is going to be even more allergic/intolerant and that scares me. All his reactions have been via breast milk only and we have not yet started solids. to be honest it is a little daunting.

I guess I am lucky that second time around, doctors have been very supportive and he is generally one happy and comfortable little chappy, unlike my daughter who took months to be diagnosed properly.

Hi NashiPear.

Sorry to hear both your LO are suffering from allergies. It must be so much easier 2nd time round though as you know what to look out for and doctors must be more cooperative.

Hope Liam improves soon for you! :hugs:

Did everyone get allergy tests done on their babies to find out what allergies they have? Can you just request for the tests to be done?

:hi: NashiPear we will have two soon and I do wonder if this one will be allergic like Alex is, I wonder if it would be easier or not if they both had allergies or only one did when it comes to feeding solids etc.

We got testing done via the chidrens hospital, but we didnt ask for them they just done them

Hmm, I think I'll ask at her one year appointment.

We never tested Katerina. Her GI basically said that it would be a waste of time as tests rarely come up positive on people who react internally rather than on the skin. Katerina's reactions are mostly gut related apart from the egg one which was quite nasty.

Ah right. Maria's reaction is def on the skin as she doesn't get any tummy upsets, just the eczema.

You should ask for testing although it doesn't really make a difference. If you see a reaction she is allergic. To be honest, since allergy testing is not very reliable I wouldn't put Katerina through it. Shes already been through so much. She had an upper and lower endoscopy 8 months ago and that was enough for me! :dohh:

Alex had a few spoons of my chocolate milk to test him, no flushed cheeks but the little bit that dripped down his chin made his skin itchy and weep :(
Soya however, hes had soya chocolate buttons for potty training and hes tollerating them fine!

sooo we took lexi to the health visitor today and they are not happy she is being weaned and has gained but she only 12lb 9.5oz and is just below the 2nd centile, they want to bring her dietician appt forward

On my phone so cant see your ticker, how old is she hun? LO is 2 and half and only 22lb so tiny. Is she happy? Easier said than done but if shes happy i wouldnt worry to much :hugs:

On my phone so cant see your ticker, how old is she hun? LO is 2 and half and only 22lb so tiny. Is she happy? Easier said than done but if shes happy i wouldnt worry to much :hugs:

shes 6 months 2 weeks hun

Ive just looked in my LOs red book and he was 11lb 7oz at your los age so i dont think thats a bad weight. Im sure the diatician will reassure you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->