living with kids with allergies group

:hi: NashiPear we will have two soon and I do wonder if this one will be allergic like Alex is, I wonder if it would be easier or not if they both had allergies or only one did when it comes to feeding solids etc.

We got testing done via the chidrens hospital, but we didnt ask for them they just done them

It is definitely easier the second time around as I know what to do. Having said that, I was always glad that it was my first one who had allergies as I thought she would have grown out of them or be able to manage them better than having a younger sibling with allergies and food is restricted. Silly me!

I can already see that Liam will likely have a lot more sensitivities and they could be totally different so I will have to supervise their eating very carefully, especially once Liam starts crawling. Time to start having some pretty rigid rules now, I suspect. No grazing in random places where food could be dropped.

Does anyone else have any other tips or considerations to think about when you have more than one child? It was easy enough to be vigilant with my daughter, first born. But things are busier with two and there is a toddler involved, not to mention toddler friends that visit!

I'm not where you are yet so never thought about it but what if you had a rule that food in only to be consumed on the table. So no snacks lying around. You could say that its to do with messiness to give a reason.
Just a thought? :shrug:

Following on the post about siblings with allergy, my first son doesnt have allergies except for contact with hummus, but he can eat it, just not have it on his skin, he has however got asthma and eczema of the scalp. he still looks like he has cradle cap, and he is 3.5!
So you can get things that are allergy related. When the second one came along with the food allergies we were taken totally by surprise.

How is everyone doing? Katerina is doing much better again!

We have an appointment tomorrow at a natural practitioner who uses the NAET method and claims she could help Katerina. I haven't got my hopes high but have got to try it if it means she might end up being to eat even 1 thing she can't eat now! :thumbup:

Glad Katerina is doing better? Whats NAET? We're gonna try using salt water in the sauna tonight as thats supposed to help. Maria is getting much worse though, gonna take her back to the doctor I think - is this as bad as I think it is?
https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/generalgayer/118bb66e.jpg

Can't see it in the picture but its kind of scabby as well

I'm sorry to hear Maria is getting worse. That looks really sore :nope: Poor baby! Do go to the doctors! Is this from the egg or is it something else you are suspecting as well?

Here is a link of the treatment we'll try: https://www.naet.com/

Have read some awesome things about it on other forums but for some it didn't work. It is worth a try though! :thumbup:

I think it might be something else causing it but I'm not convinced now that its just allergy as it looks a lot like my hands get in the winter. I need to book her dentist appointment anyway so I'll sort her a doctor for the same day as its the same place (I missed her first appointment cos I forgot :dohh:)

NAET sounds interesting, is it expensive? No practitioners over here though

Hmmmm I see what you mean. It does look a bit like it could have been from the cold but best to check it out.

They are not as expensive. Nothing compared to going to the doctor. Its still quite new in Europe. Even the ones in the UK are not as advanced and don't have that much experience.

Yeah always best to check these things out.

Hope it works!

I posted this in the reflux section, the girls there thought it would be useful to post here....

also posted in the weaning an nutrition section. Not sure where to post this..i just need help with it!!!...

Sorry if this is lengthy....

My daughter is 11 months old, and has been weaned onto Whole cows milk for various reasons. (no debate please) She has been on Whole Cows Milk for around a month.

She once did have a CMPI.. she was on soy formula for the longest time because she could not tolerate regular formulas. I asked my dr if it was ok to wean over to Cows Milk even though she had that allergy and he said transition slowly. So we did .. for a period of 2 weeks, she had cows milk mixed with formula until eventually only on cows milk.

To our surprise she had no reaction at all, no symptoms of a CMPI were present, so we figured she grew out of it. Ava continued to have cows milk the next 2 weeks...

Once we had been on the cows milk for 1 month (could be cooincidental) she started a cough at night, it was just a mild cought .. thought maybe she was coming onto a cold or something... but the cough got worst.. she now vomits because she coughs so hard.

She only has these 'fits' at night. or at nap time, so directly to do with when she is sleeping. She also only has a bottle before she goes to sleep.

We seen the pedi and he said that it sounded like it was acid reflux from teething and to wait it out. I think different. I can agree that it may be acid reflux but for some reason I feel like it comes from the Cows Milk... I did google it, but didn't get very far as there are a lot of mixed up statements, it hasn't been proven Cows milk causes reflux completely yet... so I donno

Im lost I don't know what to do about this coughing at night, ranitidine, gaviscon, nothing has worked for us. Ava is completely weaned over to whole cows milk, she will be 1 yrs old next month, I don't want to go back to formula as I highly doubt she will drink it, not to mention all the problems we encountered with formula...

Does anyone know if cows milk causes reflux? Or what I can supplement cows milk with? I mean she is going to need some type oif "milk"

Things I was researching are ... Coconut milk (but I worry about the small fat content compared to cows milk.

Also Almond milk (I heard it is not to be given if there are allergies in the family to almonds, and I the mother have allergies to almonds... so I don't know about trying that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Mariciana:flower:

Natsku, thats how Alexs face looked before we seeked help with his allergies. Cold weather can certainly be a factor along with central heating but I dont think the skin would go that bad. To me theres an issue still there :(

:hi: Divine beauty!
I have heard of cow milk causing issues like that. Can you try Soya milk of she got on okay with soya formula? Alpro soya, they do flavoured ones aswell if you have trouble getting her to take it. I think the only way to see if cows milk is still the problem is to take it out of the equation again.

Thanks hun. I am trying an elimination diet right now, I will update how it is going each day. So far today is the first day she is off the milk...

She is still coughing while napping, which sounds like it may turn into vomiting... they are like 'coughing fits'.

Nat- Hope Maria get's better soon, poor girl. That looks like it hurts. mason had severe Eczema which turned into impetigo that needed antibiotics!!! Poor girl :hugs:

It may take days, even a few weeks for the cows milk to be fully out of the system :)

I was thinking this too. She last had milk at 7 pm last night. She only had 4 oz and vomited, but the protein could still be in her body. Hard to tell how much vomited when its on the couch :dohh:

Do you know around how long it takes for the milk protein to be out of her body ? I did try to google.. but so far can't find anything.

Also I am trying soya, but what about the fat content compared to the whole milk? should I be replacing that elsewhere in her diet? Or will it be okay?

Sorry for all the questions.. geeze! I feel relieved I have found this group!!!(thank you happyface82 for leading me here)

Also wanted to add, Ava also has hiccups often after nap/ when she wakes up, which she never used to. This is most definitely reflux right? coughing. vomiting.hiccups. I can't tell you how many times Ive been like "well maybe its a flu/cold" but with NO symptoms during awake hours, its very highly unlikely.

Ok done rambling.

ladies check out the banner a fellow BNB-er made for me!

I dont know how long cmp takes to come out, it seems to very person to person. Soya milk should be okay with the fat content, better than the likes of coconut milk etc. You can get Alpro soya 1+ made especially for younger children. I think Teco might sell it but i know Asda doesnt.

awee we don't have Tesco or Asda, I am from Canada, I bought the so good soy vanilla she is taking it, so that is good, now its a wait and see. xx

Yep we have a walmart, was just there today. That is where I got the So Good soya milk. I never seen it there, everything but that. Is it a carton of milk? or in a tin?

So good soya is a carton of milk.... but it is found in the cartons of milk section :haha:-if that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->