living with kids with allergies group

Yep, we have So good here :) If thats all you can find then Id go with that for now.

Hope the soy milk shows some improvement soon!

I'm using oat milk with Maria at the moment to rule out a dairy allergy (although I'm 90% sure its not dairy as she would have reacted to the odd bottle of formula she's had). It tastes like oats :sick:

Formula is a weird one, Alex never reacted to it either but once on full milk he got very worse!

Weird, so maybe it could be. But then again she had cows milk in porridge from 6 months and no reaction either. But my brother is allergic so its possible.

So we went to Katerina's appointment. Not sure how to feel about it. The test is being done using kinesiology. We started with the egg mix which is (egg yolk, egg white, chicken, tetracycline and feathers). She tested positive on it which we expected and was then treated for it. We were told to try egg in a day or so, only a little bit as her last reaction was severe. I'm kinda scared to be honest. Because of the severity of it we actually agreed to wait until we go next time so she can test her again on egg and on each component separately so we make sure that it has been cured. Then we will try it. :thumb up: We are going again on Friday! Fingers crossed something good comes out of it. The lady was lovely and she was positive that we are going to see a difference even if it takes a few more attempts. Lets see!

Thats great news!!! I hope that you can get this allergy figured out hun!!

Update on Ava- She was given soy all day yesterday- no food nothing. And she still eneded up in coughing fits, which then turned to vomit.... today she has been spitting up quite a bit too, with lots of hiccups? :nope:

I am so puzzled!

Nat- Maria very well could have an allergy to milk, I guess from what I have been reading they can just develop one out of no where. Also eczema can be created from dairy for sure- I am lactose intolerant, if I drink dairy... i will also get eczema, along with a bunch of other symptoms.

Hope she feels better , poor Maria!

Did you say that Ava was on soya before? Because people who react to cows milk very often react to soya as well as the protein is so similar. Maybe trying something different all together might do the trick?

Yep Ava was on soy formula, for 5 months. No problems what so-ever!

Mr dr told me that too! That is why I am unsure if she even has CMPI? because she can tolerate soy no problem.

I would cut out soy too and see what happens. They can start reacting to smt at any point so its worth considering. .

I just don't know what else to supplement her 'milk' with. We don't have many choices here in Canada.

Is there a special formula for kids with allergies you could try for a while just to rule things out?

she never reacted well to the milk based formula, and the hypo ones.. only one she content on was soy.

Which right now she will NOT drink the soy formula, only the soya -so good milk.

:( that is confusing. Any other kind of milk you can get? Ricemilk maybe? I'm sorry this is so hard!

Ok this is a weird one. Katerina seems fine on oats. She's been having them on breakfast for over a year now. I've recently tried to give her oatmilk but every time she's been up literally all night with tummy pain and gas. Am I missing something here?

I posted this in the reflux section, the girls there thought it would be useful to post here....

also posted in the weaning an nutrition section. Not sure where to post this..i just need help with it!!!...

Sorry if this is lengthy....

My daughter is 11 months old, and has been weaned onto Whole cows milk for various reasons. (no debate please) She has been on Whole Cows Milk for around a month.

She once did have a CMPI.. she was on soy formula for the longest time because she could not tolerate regular formulas. I asked my dr if it was ok to wean over to Cows Milk even though she had that allergy and he said transition slowly. So we did .. for a period of 2 weeks, she had cows milk mixed with formula until eventually only on cows milk.

To our surprise she had no reaction at all, no symptoms of a CMPI were present, so we figured she grew out of it. Ava continued to have cows milk the next 2 weeks...

Once we had been on the cows milk for 1 month (could be cooincidental) she started a cough at night, it was just a mild cought .. thought maybe she was coming onto a cold or something... but the cough got worst.. she now vomits because she coughs so hard.

She only has these 'fits' at night. or at nap time, so directly to do with when she is sleeping. She also only has a bottle before she goes to sleep.

We seen the pedi and he said that it sounded like it was acid reflux from teething and to wait it out. I think different. I can agree that it may be acid reflux but for some reason I feel like it comes from the Cows Milk... I did google it, but didn't get very far as there are a lot of mixed up statements, it hasn't been proven Cows milk causes reflux completely yet... so I donno

Im lost I don't know what to do about this coughing at night, ranitidine, gaviscon, nothing has worked for us. Ava is completely weaned over to whole cows milk, she will be 1 yrs old next month, I don't want to go back to formula as I highly doubt she will drink it, not to mention all the problems we encountered with formula...

Does anyone know if cows milk causes reflux? Or what I can supplement cows milk with? I mean she is going to need some type oif "milk"

Things I was researching are ... Coconut milk (but I worry about the small fat content compared to cows milk.

Also Almond milk (I heard it is not to be given if there are allergies in the family to almonds, and I the mother have allergies to almonds... so I don't know about trying that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Mariciana:flower:

I hope my response is helpful to you.....

I have a 2.5 year old that was diagnosed CMPI at around 4/5 months. She had severe reflux, vomited and screamed all the time. She was miserable and each meds increase only worked temporarily as she got worse. She went to soy too. The vomiting decreased dramatically and just happened here or there and she was so much happier. Introducing solids she reacted to other things too and was allergy tested at 8 months. It came back positive for dairy, eggs and peanuts and it clicked that her occasion vomiting coincided with me eating eggs. By 12 months she tested negative to cow's milk and at 18 months did a milk challenge. She still got eczema, was difficult to even get her to drink it and within days she had bowel motions that burnt her bottom so bad that looked like she had gravel rash. Fast forward now to two and a half years, she can eat a little cheese, the occasional yoghurt and is okay. Give her yoghurt every day and she starts to tell me she has a sore tummy and is being sick in her mouth. She can trace the line from her tummy, up her throat into her mouth..... so it definitely causes her reflux. Hopefully in time it won't.

My allergist said (because of the protein concentration/cooking and other things) that cheese is usually best tolerated, followed by yoghurt, then milk and lastly ice-cream.

Maybe you need to scale the amount she is having back and supplement with soy milk or something else. Hope that helps.

Ok this is a weird one. Katerina seems fine on oats. She's been having them on breakfast for over a year now. I've recently tried to give her oatmilk but every time she's been up literally all night with tummy pain and gas. Am I missing something here?

Hun you know when katrina had the endoscopy what did they find? If you dont mind me asking x

Which oatmilk are you using? Some have other grains in

Jemma - They found that her intestine was obstructed. If they had listen to me they wouldn't have done the endoscopy as it was a waste of time. I was trying to tell them that she wouldn't poo any more and even suppositories wouldn't work on her! As for her allergies it didn't show anything as she was already on 2 kinds of antihistamines at that point and a very strict diet! :dohh:

Natsku - it is patly the one with the vitamins. I don't remember anything else in the ingredients apart from oats but will have a look again! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->