living with kids with allergies group

I think their oat milks are pure, we use their organic one and thats pure anyway. But it has salt so maybe it could be the salt if she was allergic to sea salt? Dunno what salt they use.

You know what I was just thinking of that!!! Thanks! Its the only thing that makes sense and its the exact same symptoms. I will try to find another alternative without salt, maybe rice milk. Will have a look today!

Oo check me out, I am smart :haha: hope you find a milk alternative without salt!

:haha: You're too funny! Just checked the rice milk online and it has sea salt! :dohh: Well, maybe I'll just stick with formula for now and wait until she has her NAET treatment for salt and pray it works! :winkwink:

I posted this in the reflux section, the girls there thought it would be useful to post here....

also posted in the weaning an nutrition section. Not sure where to post this..i just need help with it!!!...

Sorry if this is lengthy....

My daughter is 11 months old, and has been weaned onto Whole cows milk for various reasons. (no debate please) She has been on Whole Cows Milk for around a month.

She once did have a CMPI.. she was on soy formula for the longest time because she could not tolerate regular formulas. I asked my dr if it was ok to wean over to Cows Milk even though she had that allergy and he said transition slowly. So we did .. for a period of 2 weeks, she had cows milk mixed with formula until eventually only on cows milk.

To our surprise she had no reaction at all, no symptoms of a CMPI were present, so we figured she grew out of it. Ava continued to have cows milk the next 2 weeks...

Once we had been on the cows milk for 1 month (could be cooincidental) she started a cough at night, it was just a mild cought .. thought maybe she was coming onto a cold or something... but the cough got worst.. she now vomits because she coughs so hard.

She only has these 'fits' at night. or at nap time, so directly to do with when she is sleeping. She also only has a bottle before she goes to sleep.

We seen the pedi and he said that it sounded like it was acid reflux from teething and to wait it out. I think different. I can agree that it may be acid reflux but for some reason I feel like it comes from the Cows Milk... I did google it, but didn't get very far as there are a lot of mixed up statements, it hasn't been proven Cows milk causes reflux completely yet... so I donno

Im lost I don't know what to do about this coughing at night, ranitidine, gaviscon, nothing has worked for us. Ava is completely weaned over to whole cows milk, she will be 1 yrs old next month, I don't want to go back to formula as I highly doubt she will drink it, not to mention all the problems we encountered with formula...

Does anyone know if cows milk causes reflux? Or what I can supplement cows milk with? I mean she is going to need some type oif "milk"

Things I was researching are ... Coconut milk (but I worry about the small fat content compared to cows milk.

Also Almond milk (I heard it is not to be given if there are allergies in the family to almonds, and I the mother have allergies to almonds... so I don't know about trying that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Mariciana:flower:

I hope my response is helpful to you.....

I have a 2.5 year old that was diagnosed CMPI at around 4/5 months. She had severe reflux, vomited and screamed all the time. She was miserable and each meds increase only worked temporarily as she got worse. She went to soy too. The vomiting decreased dramatically and just happened here or there and she was so much happier. Introducing solids she reacted to other things too and was allergy tested at 8 months. It came back positive for dairy, eggs and peanuts and it clicked that her occasion vomiting coincided with me eating eggs. By 12 months she tested negative to cow's milk and at 18 months did a milk challenge. She still got eczema, was difficult to even get her to drink it and within days she had bowel motions that burnt her bottom so bad that looked like she had gravel rash. Fast forward now to two and a half years, she can eat a little cheese, the occasional yoghurt and is okay. Give her yoghurt every day and she starts to tell me she has a sore tummy and is being sick in her mouth. She can trace the line from her tummy, up her throat into her mouth..... so it definitely causes her reflux. Hopefully in time it won't.

My allergist said (because of the protein concentration/cooking and other things) that cheese is usually best tolerated, followed by yoghurt, then milk and lastly ice-cream.

Maybe you need to scale the amount she is having back and supplement with soy milk or something else. Hope that helps.

Thank you so much for your response.

I really did feel it was a CMPI, as she was diagnosed with that as a baby, but I am hesitant now.

I have been to 3 different doctors with her expressing my concerns, one seemed to think it was reflux.
2 said it is not reflux as her throat is not red, where it would be if acid was hitting it.
3 looked at her too today, said it could be a strange virus or something.. so I am so unsure right now, she doesn't feel it is a CMPI because she would have symptoms during the day too, and she doesn't really sooo :shrug: :nope:

Today she had a slight fever at the drs as well, I have no idea what is going on, she has been on soya milk now for 3 days, I have not introduced any new foods, have never given her eggs yet, or peanuts or anything... so :shrug: we are basically just waiting 'it' out. Whatever that 'it' is..

I really have no idea what else to do. Im puzzled.exhausted.stressed.

Thank you for your response though, I really appreciate others telling me there experiences, it helps out so much!!

ps- they don't want to do an allergy test on her yet ? they said it would be innacurate.

:haha: You're too funny! Just checked the rice milk online and it has sea salt! :dohh: Well, maybe I'll just stick with formula for now and wait until she has her NAET treatment for salt and pray it works! :winkwink:

What is a NAET treatment? just curious:blush:

I'm really not sure what to suggest but just to tell you that Katerina's issues are usually at night as well. As she gets tummy pain very often which doesn't seem to bother her in the day. I guess in the day she just gets distracted!

Also, if its a virus wouldn't she suffer in the day as well? Then again, if she did have a temperature today it could be. I guess all you can do is wait. How annoying! :hugs:

Naet: https://www.naet.com/

Have a quick browse. I have read some excellent things on another forum for allergies! :thumbup:

Yeah I agree, no one really knows what to suggest, I mean it is a mystery really.

I am hesitant about thinking it is a virus, because there are no 'virus' symptoms, but apparently this could be a 'strange virus' I guess...:shrug: I really don't know what to think of it to be honest. I hope something gives soon... im so sick of this...

Anyways she has NO symptoms during the day either, just today she spiked a fever.. soo I have no idea, maybe something else is happening? causing a fever..

It has been 38.8 all day... and I am sure this cannot be an allergy!!!!! ugh...

AKA - dr doesn't have a clue, but known im desperate for an answer. So there I got one... :dohh:

Just wanted to say thank you everyone for the responses, and the support that has been provided!

I will try to update how things are going...

:flower

38.8 is high! I change my mind! :dohh:I say virus or bad teething! Some people claim their Los have a temperature when teething :shrug:

Yeah she just developed this fever today.... do you this this is all in 1? or more than 1 problem.. this is just nuts.. I have never seen her have a fever like this with teething... or these symptoms...

She has 5 teeth! (slow teething)

To be fair with this temperature it should be a virus and I hope it clears up soon so you can relax a bit! This is not fun! :hugs:

Just wanted to let everyone know...

Ava was in the hospital last night....Turned out ..no virus... no allergy...

Massive kidney infection- I put the update in my journal if anyone cares for a read.. of how it all played out!!!

Thanks everyone for the support....:flower:

Oh poor Ava but I'm do glad they figured out what it was at last!

I just realised its nearly Maria's birthday and I'm going to need to make her a cake she can eat so no eggs. Making a practice egg-free cake at the mo.

Oh! That sounds stressful!! Will be over later when Katerina us in bed as I'm on my phone now. Hope she is feeling a little better :hugs:

Natsku - hope the cake goes well! :thumbup:

Cake turned out shit, didn't rise :dohh: I think my baking powder is a dud. Bah!

Oh no! Did u use egg replacer? At least you've got time to figure it out! :thumbup:

yeah I used egg replacer. I'm still gonna eat it anyway :haha: shall see if Maria likes it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->