• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

living with kids with allergies group

Were going to try foods that contain soya and see how that goes, the yogurt seems okay though only a few spoonfulls. If he continues to be okay then we'll try the likes of the soya puddings etc

Hi can someone give me some advice/help please. My DD was put on Nutramigen yesterday and ive noticed a total difference already, rang doctors to get another perscription because they only gave me one tub to see how she goes on it but wouldnt have enough to last till monday. Anyways my partner went for repeat perscription and he was given SMA Wysoy?? i rang doctors before they closed asking why i hadnt been given another Nutramigen and they told me its the same formula :shrug: is that right??? I dont want to be giving her something different come Sunday and it messing her up.

Any advice be good.

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. SMA Wysoy is probably a soy-based formula judging from its name! If your LO in allergic to dairy it is very likely that she is allergic to soya as the protein in it is very similar.

Hopefully they will get you Nutramigen. If not, give this a try and if it doesn't work go back to them.

Also I just noticed your LO is only 3 months old. I think in the UK they don't recommend soy for babies under 6 months old. Maybe you can find the guidelines online and take them to the GP?

Im tempted to find out where to buy a tin of Nutramigen till monday and not even open the SMA... just get her settled now this.

Also I just noticed your LO is only 3 months old. I think in the UK they don't recommend soy for babies under 6 months old. Maybe you can find the guidelines online and take them to the GP?

This is another reason im concerned, my health visitor sorted out the Nutramigen perscription and told the reception lady at the doctors 'no wysoy not suitable for baby' Then they prescribe it.

Nutragimen formula is definatley not the same as wysoy, contact whoever prescribed t
It as let them know as soon as and get it changed

Thanks.. ive rang emergency surgery for another prescription going to collect it now, will deal with my doctors monday :growlmad:

Got the milk, she's still being sick after feeds and only having 2-3oz, had to put a few drops of vanilla essense in feeds so she'll drink it, what a nightmare.

Oh no :( Id stick with it for now rather than keep changing formulas about. She did show some difference after switching?

Yes she's a more happier baby and sleeping better, since 3 week old she's had Colic for 9wks, silent reflux, but now she's sick after every feed. Less irritable, finally got colour in her cheeks so must be an improvement. Last 3mths been stressful with her constant crying.

It sounds like its helping but it takes a good few weeks before you see the full effect. Hope it goes well! :hugs:

Agree with Happyface, sounds like there is some improvement so I would keep at it and see how you get on in a couple weeks.

Just tried Alex with a Frys peppermint cream...I had bought it for myself and as you do read the ingredients :lol:
Its made with soya chocolate and not milk! Though it does say "may" contain milk. But he's tried a bit anyways and the reaction was "that's very yummy mummy"

Thats always a good reaction. Has he had a skin reaction to it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->