• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

living with kids with allergies group

Not so far, he only had one segment but he's no more flushed than he already was

Had Maria's milk challenge yesterday - her eczema appeared pretty soon after having 10ml of milk so definitely allergic.

I'm sorry about that. Do you still think there is something else bothering her as well?

I think eggs too and citrus. Not sure about soya as she had that at the same time as the bun mess up that set off her eczema. The doctor wants us to start her on soymilk so gonna give it a try and see what happens. And he wants me to try a bit of egg in my diet in a week or two and see if that has an effect on her.

LOs got consultant later, will update with how he gets on.

Hows everyone else doing?

Maria is doing well. Tried her with soy milk this morning as her doctor instructed - no reaction yet.

Good luck Jemma :hugs:
Alex is doing well with Soya milk, chocolate milk is now a morning routine and hes taking less of the yukky formula.

My one year old son has been covered in a severe itchy rash for 10 months now. 8 doctors later we find out he is allergic to our cat and several foods, so he is in the process of healing but it may take up to 6 months.

He wakes up scratching every 1 to 2 hours during the night. If we leave him in his crib he scratches his face until its raw and bloody, so the cry it out method is not an option (he can take off mittens). He sleeps with us and the only way to soothe him every hour that he wakes in an itchy fit, is nursing him. He is on an antihistamine/sedative but it does not help. We have not slept a full night in a year now. We are desperate. This is ruling our lives and we need help!

Does anyone out there have any advice? Ever dealt with this?

I am so so sorry you have to go through this!!!! :hugs:

And I'm so sorry it took so many doctors to realise what the problem is!

Katerina doesn't have a big problem with eczema so I'm not the right person to answer this but maybe someone else in her can help you. I know how hard it is. We were up every hour of every night for almost a year until Katerina got diagnosed with allergies but for her its mostly intestinal symptoms.

Can they not increase the antihistamines until he is a bit better? Have they suggested any creams?

He is on a pretty high dose of atarax and we have steroid creams that just do not seem to help. We really do not like using the steroids on him. The doctors have scared me about them. They've already made his skin so thin that the lightest scratch cuts it open.

I recommend the protopic cream, doesn't thin the skin and works pretty much instantly in getting rid of the eczema.
Could still be something that he's reacting to.

:hugs: know how you feel with the tiredness, haven't had a full night's sleep in over a year either

our daughter had cetraben an intensive moisturiser which is pretty good and maybe bathing in oilatum to replace the moisture in the skin

What do you ladies think....
Alex doesnt drink as much formula milk as he used to, probably half now. He is drinking chocolate soya milk although not much either, so im thinking of not renewing the formula prescription and just move him onto soya milk and multivitamins?
Hes old enough now for the 3years+ ones and the soya milk has added calcium and vitamins in.
Im not sure though, even though hes drinking less formula, he still drinking a bit of it.

You know if you compare the values calorie and nutrition wise, is there much difference? If there isnt id probably go with the soya milk and vitamins.

LO started refusing neocate about 9 months ago now so has been fully on oatly ever since plus abidec vitamins and calcium supplements.

You know alex best so id do what you think is best

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"