• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

living with kids with allergies group

What do you ladies think....
Alex doesnt drink as much formula milk as he used to, probably half now. He is drinking chocolate soya milk although not much either, so im thinking of not renewing the formula prescription and just move him onto soya milk and multivitamins?
Hes old enough now for the 3years+ ones and the soya milk has added calcium and vitamins in.
Im not sure though, even though hes drinking less formula, he still drinking a bit of it.

We had the dietician last week and were told that we could move Abi onto the 1+ alpro soya milk instead of her formula before bed but she didn't say anything about vitamins... We havent yet as are using up what we have left, but what vitamins will she need?

I'd go with the soya milk with the added vitamins.

Does anyone know why some of the milks are not for under 3s? I panicked when I realised I was giving Maria one of those milks and her doctor told me that its ok and that rule was made by lawyers not doctors?

Maria has started to react to the soya milk so gotta take it off her again *sigh* no more soygurt for me either now.

Hi there ladies! I wonder if anyone can help me. My Daughter has a CMP allergy diagnosed when she was 6 months but has always been fine with soy. She is now 2 and 3 months and the last 3 weeks has been throwing up intermittently (7 times in 3 weeks). I am wondering if she has developed a soy allergy. Can this happen after being fine with it for so long? Of course I have now started a food diary etc. Thanks in advance. xx

I thought the milks varied ages because of the fat content? Scotland has a lack of vitamin D because we don't get much sun so with that and coping with the fussy days is rather five Alex a multi vitamin if he's going off the formula. Typically he's getting excited drinking at the new time of day were giving it in the afternoon, it's still less than he's used to take though

Clare I've not heard of an allergy to soy causing vomitting... Have you eliminated it for a week to see how she does?

No have not eliminated from her diet just yet as I have only just thought about it being soy. She has always been fine with it! I will try and cut it out and see what happens. Just was not sure if it was possible to a soy allergy so much later on.

You can become allergic to smt at any point and vomiting can be a sign of allergic. Katerina was vomiting when she had even the tiniest bit of egg. Best thing is to cut it out and see if there a difference :hugs:

Yeah try cutting it out and see if it makes a difference.

I dunno what the age things are about, its all confusing to me. Maria is having Kara coconut milk now we're in England - its yum!

Soya made LO vomit alot, id do what everyone else says and cut it out and see how it goes

I compared the milks, the only difference is the calories in the milks. the difference is massive, but the vitamins are about the same the formula just has a bigger variety.

I think I will still give him the formula as long as he takes it, but I wont stress about the lesser amounts hes taking.

Hey! Sorry for gatecrashing but thought you ladies might be able to help me!

My lo is 8months old and has been on neocate since he was 3 weekd old! He is also on 2ml 3 times a day of rantidine!

I'm really needing some advice on lo's sleeping I'm sure neocate is not satisfying him. He currently is on 3meals a day + drinks anywhere between 40-50 oz a day which results in feeding every 2hrs on a night! Hv just thinks I should not feed him through the night!

I've explained to the pead my thoughts so he put him on aptimal pepti hoping him having to digest the milk would help but lo reacted and then refused to drink it so this trial only lasted 5 days! I've seen a dietrician who said add soya, lo has diareoh(sp) after a soya yoghurt (tried a couple of times) so that's a no go!

So I'm just wanting to know does any of your lo's on neocate still require so much milk and not be able to sleep more than 2hours at a time? X

Whats a normal feeding routine like?

My Lo has been on Neocate for a year now and sleeps through okay. Let us know the routine and see if we can help :)

Have you tried Nutramigen? Not sure if it will make a difference though!!

Could it be that there is something else bothering him waking him up? How are his reflux symptoms with the ranitidine?

Big hugs :hugs:

Thanks for the responses! Pead won't change to nutramigen, as he says there a like for like milk but I will defo bring it up again. Some night I'd say its reflux/new foods as we have screams not cries, arching back kicking legs ect .. Lo's way of saying he has belly ache, but we haven't tried any new foods in afew weeks now, he reflux seems under control (touch wood) so I don't think its that.

Generally routine is awake at 5
7oz at 6
Then breakfast at 7 - bowl of muslea
5oz at 8.30/9ish
Full jar and half a fruit pot at 12
5 oz at 1
7oz at 3
Half jar half fruit pot at 5
7oz at 6/7 - bed at 7-ish
10.30 7+z bottle
1/2 5oz
4ish 5oz co sleep till 5

He occasionally leaves around 3/4 oz a day from the above amounts. I have tried bigger bottle sizes but won't drink them bigger portions but when he eats anymore he's sick. He then has a little organic snack throughout the day

I'm willing to try anything! X

That's exactly how Katerina was when she wasn't well due to reacting to various foods. She had lots of tummy ache and gas. In the end I realised that she was intolerant to many foods that I considered safe! Also, she never did well well on Neocate for some strange reason! Doctor wouldn't' believe me but as soon as we changed it she improved to much. I'm not sure what to suggest. :shrug:

Just thought I would update on Katerina! We went to a different NAET practitioner this morning. The other one has cancelled on us too many times and is now away because of family reasons and I wanted to get this over and done with.

i'm really happy with the new practitioner. She actually tested Katerina for most foods today, there is only a few left but K got tired in the end so we had to stop.

So far she is allergic/intolerant to: wheat, gluten, rye, yeast, nuts, fish, shellfish, vitamin K, vitamin A, cheese, yogurt, peas, tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and some spices. The egg was successfully treated! :happy dance:

She basically confirmed everything we were afraid of but hopefully she'll be fine after the treatments! She suggested a few things to introduce to her diet so that's always exciting!

Thats alot of things to avoid! Glad the treatment is working well, itll be soo worth it even to have a few things scored off the list :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->