• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

living with kids with allergies group

Wow thats a lot of foods to avoid, hopefully you'll get a few more of them treated soon.

How much milk substitute does Maria actually need now? She's cut down her breastfeeds so much now and barely drinks the milk substitute (though that might be cos we're trying the kara coconut now, she might not like the taste)

Just curious to know if anyone else has had trouble with the introduction of solids for their little one. My bub showed signs of allergy at 3 weeks and I was on a low allergy diet to breastfeed, but recently quit and went to Neocate full time. I started solids a few weeks ago and have stopped and started several times as he is struggling. I recently have just started on apple and pumpkin only. The pumpkin he has been on a while and it is the only one I *think* is totally okay. After 4 days he is still pooing frequently (5-6 times a day) and he has a red bottom. That is pretty good really (the best result we have got). I can't decide whether to stop and wait or plough on. Rice was no good with terrible constipation, banana was a disaster. He seemed to go okay on pear and pumpkin and apple is okay. I am not sure whether to stop and start yet again. He is generally pretty happy, but I do think he has some gut pain and he is going to the toilet a LOT more than before. Do I keep on and wait for his gut to get used to it, or do I stop and leave him be.

Just curious to know if anyone else has had trouble with the introduction of solids for their little one. My bub showed signs of allergy at 3 weeks and I was on a low allergy diet to breastfeed, but recently quit and went to Neocate full time. I started solids a few weeks ago and have stopped and started several times as he is struggling. I recently have just started on apple and pumpkin only. The pumpkin he has been on a while and it is the only one I *think* is totally okay. After 4 days he is still pooing frequently (5-6 times a day) and he has a red bottom. That is pretty good really (the best result we have got). I can't decide whether to stop and wait or plough on. Rice was no good with terrible constipation, banana was a disaster. He seemed to go okay on pear and pumpkin and apple is okay. I am not sure whether to stop and start yet again. He is generally pretty happy, but I do think he has some gut pain and he is going to the toilet a LOT more than before. Do I keep on and wait for his gut to get used to it, or do I stop and leave him be.

How old is he?

Could you try and give him some probiotics? They can help the gut heal. Also, Are you sure that he is ok with Neocate? Most kids are, but then you never know for some reason it might not suit him :hugs:

Pretty good here atm :)
Were still using soya for food and drinks, Alex hasnt had a bad flare up but he has had a couple of little patches of eczema pop up on his body. Im hoping we can controll these with moisturising and keep on with the soya as the whole family are enjoying the bigger food variety.

How are you Jemma?

Maria is doing well :) I ate some cake with egg in and she tolerated it through my breastmilk but she's stopped feeding now so can't test her that way anymore. But her skin is very good, I don't have to use the medicated cream every day now :)

Thats great news! We are doing good allergy-wise. We've cut her antihistamine dow in half and i'm hoping we can wean her off it this week. Its going well so far! :happy dance:

On the other hand last night was one of the worst ever! She only slept from 8-11 and then 4-6. I think her intestine is blocked again! We gave her a suppository and it didn't work.... later on with gave her an enema it only worked a little bit. Tiny bits of really solid poo that looked disgusting So we gave her some laxatives this morning but they still haven't worked. I think we'll be up all night again today. :nope:

Were not to bad, have some ok days and some bad days. Back at the consultant in a couple of weeks

Just wanted to share some dairy gluten and wheat free I came across today. Haven't tried them yet! :thumb up:

https://www.againstthegrainfoods.com/

Quick question: I gave K some rice milk with added calcium the other day and she drank it no problem. I'm thinking of making changing her to this instead of Nutramigen. I don't like formula milk and even more so the hypoallergenic ones, I feel its full of chemicals and want something more natural for her providing she is fine with it.

What do you girls think? Also, K suffers a lot from constipation. Which of the two is more likely to make her constipated? :shrug:

Quick question: I gave K some rice milk with added calcium the other day and she drank it no problem. I'm thinking of making changing her to this instead of Nutramigen. I don't like formula milk and even more so the hypoallergenic ones, I feel its full of chemicals and want something more natural for her providing she is fine with it.

What do you girls think? Also, K suffers a lot from constipation. Which of the two is more likely to make her constipated? :shrug:

Rice milk isn't suitable for children under 4 as it contains arsenic! There are lots of alternatives though such as coconut milk, oat milk and alpro soya have just released almond milk and hazelnut milk, the almond milk is lovely!
I don't know much about the constipation but I think you may need to supplement the milk with vitamins of some sort but I'm sure someone will answer your questions better.

Yeah I heard about the arsenic thing too. So best to go for another alternative milk.

Thanks girls! So rice milk is out of the question!! Plus I realised its got a lot of sugar in it!

I'm considering Almond milk or coconut milk at the milk at the moment providing she is not allergic to them! :thumb up: She has just been given vitamin supplements as her diet is very restricted so I'm not too worried about the vitamins :) Oatmilk is out of the question as she is allergic/intolerant to gluten.

Will ask her therapist today and see what she thinks!

Thanks! :flower:

I think coconut milk is supposed to be more similar to milk in terms of fat content. I tried Maria on it but she didn't like the taste.

I see. Ok. I will ask the therapist and ask her to test her for almonds and coconuts and I will decide :)

I just want her off formula now. I don't like formulas. :dohh:

Fingers crossed she's not allergic

Yeah I'm glad Maria's doctor didn't want to put her on a formula.

So! Her therapist said that coconut milk is not as great so I'm leaning towards Almond with extra calcium. I will test her next week. We are going away next week for 10 days so I'm planning to make the switch once we are back! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->