• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

living with kids with allergies group

Maria is doing well but she had a reaction the other day and I'm not sure what to. It was after we took her to the dentist and I wonder if it could be a reaction to latex gloves as it was just around the mouth where the dentist touched her, or to the new xylitol pastilles she started to take that take. I stopped the xylitol pastilles but I'm trying them again today so watching out for a reaction.

hi there :flow:
im looking for some advice.
my little girl is 6 weeks old and seems to be allergic to EVERYTHING.
her skin breaks out in this blotchy red rash where her clothes touch (or if im feeding her, where my clothes touch her body), so ive changed washing powders to extra sensitive etc and its helping but its not stopping the rash all together.
shes allergic to disposable nappies, so ive just bought some MCN's so am yet to see a change at the moment.
she has to have goats milk soap or she breaks out in a red raw rash.
but whats bothering me most is some blisters. shes had 2 episodes of blisters. at 9 days old and about a week ago. i dont have any idea whats causing them. they are not an infection, as they have been swabbed etc.
all of the above has been confirmed as allergic reactions.
im just wondering if there are specifics things i should look out for ?
has anyone else had experience with their babies ? if so can i see some photos to compare ?
ill post a pic of her blisters....
hollys blisters.jpg

Ohh poor little lamb :(
The blisters ive not seen before, so couldnt say if they were a result of an allergy or not...are the dr's looking into them more? They look quite sore.

How is she fed?

We're not doing very well. K went to Greece for a week and came back with eczema all over her legs and bad tummy :( All she's had relatively new is tomato, gluten free pasta and apple. So back to her strict diet we are.

Found some dairy and soya free desserts here: https://www.planetorganic.com/ecomil-organic-cocoa-dessert.html They also do a vanilla one. Haven't tried them yet. :thumbup:

Though blisters look sore tiger, never seen something like that before.

Poor K happyface

Aw tiger that looks sore :nope: I really have no advice. Have you ben given anything for them?

ouch, those blisters look so sore, I hope you can figure out what causes it.

Happyface - sorry you have had a setback

Well I am confused! WE have been doing fine, I'm still dairy free and Cora has been doing fine...............UNTIL................we started weaning Cora last week, we are doing BLW so I have been a bit gung ho and introduced a lot of foods at once (obvioulsy no dairy or soya). She was fine for a week and now the screaming with trapped wind has started, she is struggling to nap or sleep at night.

What is confusing me is this, although she has this painful wind, her poo is still fine (this was the first thing to go manky if I had dairy) and her wind doesn't smell (always stank when I had dairy)...............so is it possible Cora is just struggling with transition to solids in general, or does she most probably have an intolerance to something else?

Has anyone else had an issue with just wind when you started weaning even though you were avoiding what you thought were the triggers?

or could it be teething?:shrug:

Ks reaction to a lot of the food she is allergic/intolerant to is wind! It doesn't smell bad necessarily but it keeps her up at night. :growlmad:

Could just be the transition to solids, I would probably ease back on introducing too many new things at once and wait and see for a bit. I seem to remember Maria being quite gassy when she started solids.

they looked very sore when they came, but she didnt seem fazed at all by them !
she is breasfed. i have our check up tomorrow so will be finding out more then about what the plan of action is.

K is so unwell at the moment. She is napping on me at the moment as shes in a lot of pain and keeps waking up screaming. So I'm constantly rocking her. I swear I can't do this any more. I just want her to get better. :cry:

:wave: ds got diagnosed with lactose intolerance 2 weeks ago we've cut out all dairy and things seems alot better. There is a query soya allergy as well but at the moment he seems ok provided he doesn't have alot of soya, plus of he does omg the smell of it the other end :sick:
We had a slip up the other day when my FIL forgot and put milk in his mashed potato, short while later was sick a little and up and down all night crying. Was fine the next dy after the explosive poop

How do i go about getting my LO diagnosed with being lactose intolerant? I have the same thing but have never been tested.

See your GP armed with knowledge. Tell them your suspicions, reactions, what you think etc. If you can have a food diary to back you up as proof

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->