Lollipops

I'd mention to them now that you don't allow lollipops. My daughter came home with starburst (which is really sticky and chewy) and I politely told her teacher that I don't allow her to have those and would appreciate if she didn't give her any. Her teacher was fine with that, and now gives me any treat she's given the children when I go to pick dd up. Really, I look at it as they don't know unless you tell them :)

That is understandable for regular people, but those who regularly work with kids and know to chop grapes should make the logical connection.

Like I would not be surprised if my dad or someone didn't know, but if a daycare or nursery worker did not it would surprise me. I expect them to know more about child safety.

Yes, these were my thoughts as well.

I'd mention to them now that you don't allow lollipops. My daughter came home with starburst (which is really sticky and chewy) and I politely told her teacher that I don't allow her to have those and would appreciate if she didn't give her any. Her teacher was fine with that, and now gives me any treat she's given the children when I go to pick dd up. Really, I look at it as they don't know unless you tell them :)

That is understandable for regular people, but those who regularly work with kids and know to chop grapes should make the logical connection.

Like I would not be surprised if my dad or someone didn't know, but if a daycare or nursery worker did not it would surprise me. I expect them to know more about child safety.

You might expect them to know, but once it happens and you realize they don't, that's when I'd speak up. It shouldn't be necessary, but sometimes it is because not everyone agrees on what is and isn't safe. Some posters are okay with lollipops. I chop grapes but give my dd dum dums, and have never thought it might come off the stick. Seriously, it has never occurred to me. And I consider myself fairly fanatic about safety. My daughter's preschool teacher has 3 kids, youngest is a bit younger than my dd, and she thinks starburst are just fine, as well as hard candy. The school itself has no rules in place on acceptable treats for kids by age, so the teachers are using their own best judgment and likely what they do with their own kids.

Anyway, not trying to be argumentative. OP had asked if she should complain (talk to them), and I thought she should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->