London Holiday

littlepeterso

Expecting #1
Reaction score
Okay we just booked our flight to London. We will be staying in Terling, Essex but will spend some time in London. We will be there from March 23 to April 2.

I know there are a lot of Ladies from England on here.

Any suggestions of must see attractions? What should I plan on for weather that time year? Anything else a stupid American needs to know before they visit. :wacko:

My MIL is from Epping so I know a little bit but this will be my first visit.

I am so excited.:happydance:

Ooh, you have to do the Tower of London and the London Eye!

If you want places outside London, you're not to far from Walton on the Naze which is a really traditional seaside town with a great pier and beach. Colchester isn't too far either. It's Britains oldest town and has good shops and loads of history.

London Eye is great
Any of the palaces and parks you fancy going round.
There is lots of free to enter museums and galleries.

There is so much to do I would recomend looking at Time Out for the type of things you like doing.
https://www.timeout.com/london/feature/1194/101-things-to-do-in-london

As for the weather at that time of year over the last few years I've had everything from snow to BBQ's :haha: British weather is not predictable in the slightest.

My favorite place is Tower of London. Ther is so much to see and do though. I would take in some markets: Spitalfields, Camden, Borough etc, depending on what you are into. Greenwich is lovely, you could take a river boat down to there from central London. Westminster Abbey, Buck Palace, St Pauls, really depends on what you into. There are loads of free museums and galleries too: Museum of London, British Museum, Science Museum, V and A, Natural History Museum, Imperial War Museum, National Gallery, Nat Portrait Gallery, Tate Britain, Tate Moderm are all free. Too many museums and galleries to list really. I would look at people's sample iteneries on Trip Advisor London Forum for some ideas.

Thanks for the great ideas ladies. Keep them coming. I am so excited and I wish this trip was tomorrow.

Okay my UK ladies. I need advise.

We are flying into Heathrow on Saturday March 23. What is the cheapest most efficent way to get from Heathrow to Chelmsford at 8:30 in the morning?

The cheapest way would be to jump on the tube at the airport and travel all the way to holborn,change for the central line there and go eastbound to Liverpool street,from there you can get a national rail train to chelmsford. This will take a while! If you want a quicker route you could get the heathrow express to paddington and change for the circle line to Liverpool st,the heatjrow express costs quite a bit more and you will have to pay seperately from your tube ticket which you will have to buy to get to Liverpool st anyways!. A taxi will be hundreds of £

The cheapest way would be to jump on the tube at the airport and travel all the way to holborn,change for the central line there and go eastbound to Liverpool street,from there you can get a national rail train to chelmsford. This will take a while! If you want a quicker route you could get the heathrow express to paddington and change for the circle line to Liverpool st,the heatjrow express costs quite a bit more and you will have to pay seperately from your tube ticket which you will have to buy to get to Liverpool st anyways!. A taxi will be hundreds of £

Thank you so much. What is the best way to figure out the cost of the tube? For example from Heathrow to Liverpool. I have found that the train from Liverpool St to Chelmsford is only £12.40. I know there is a lot of stops on the Picadilly line but I am hoping it is cheaper too??

have a look on www.nationalrail.co.uk and do a journey planner, it will tell you the total cost and if there are any rail works going on that weekend

ETA most people in London use an oystercard, it works out cheaper but if its just a one off I'd probably just get a paper ticket, from heathrow to liverpool street, it will be £5.30 for an adult

You have to see a show too. My sister lives in London and when I visited her last summer, we got to see some amazing shows. I definitely recommend Wicked :thumbup:

Thank you for all of the pointers. I am so excited and can't wait until Friday morning when we leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->