Long Cycle Ladies Journeying Through Pregnancy Together Toward Our Rainbows!

Hello, ladies! Mind if I join you? I just saw the link in the old thread and thought I'd catch up with you!

I am so thrilled for all of you and cannot believe you all got your BFPs so close together! What a lucky thread!

My (not-so-) little guy is now 10 weeks and a couple days old. We had his 2 month checkup last week, and at 9 weeks he weighed 14lb 4 oz. He's growing like a weed and changing every day. He smiles and gets so excited he squeals sometimes. On a not so happy note, I go back to work starting next Saturday, Feb 6, so that will be a whole new part of motherhood. I will be pumping at work, but I have not yet wrapped my mind around being gone from my baby. My husband will have him on the weekends I work and my parents are going to watch him on the weekdays I work.

I'll check back in with you ladies to see how you progress, but I really am just so happy for you!! Best of luck in the coming weeks!!

hi tex!!!!! so glad you're doing well, but i'm so sorry you have to go back to work, seems too soon!!!!

Hi TexMel! :wave:

I'm so glad you and your little man are doing so well! I love when babies are in the smiling and squealing stage. :)

I'm sorry you have to go back to work soon. :hugs: I'm going to have to start going back to college when this baby is around 4 months old, which isn't going to be fun either. Hopefully you all adjust to you going back to work well. :flower:

AFM - Not much new to report. I started my first semester of college this week. Mondays and Wednesdays have been pretty easy because right now I only have 1 class that's 90 minutes. But Tuesday was brutal. :haha: I have two classes and I'm at the college from 930a to 320p. It's only 7 hours and it's not a very physical activity, but I was so tired afterward. I hope I get a little more energy after I hit the second tri, otherwise going to college is really going to suck.

And my newest craving lately has been nachos. And not just any nachos - Taco Bell nachos :dohh: There's not a whole lot that I want to eat still, but at least I have a little variety.

Wow texmel! I thought my lo was big! He was 15 lbs at 10.5 weeks. Yours is on track to be maybe even bigger! Glad he is doing well.

I can't believe you have to go back to work already. So sorry to hear. I couldn't even imagine. I don't go back until November!

Hello, ladies! Mind if I join you? I just saw the link in the old thread and thought I'd catch up with you!

I am so thrilled for all of you and cannot believe you all got your BFPs so close together! What a lucky thread!

My (not-so-) little guy is now 10 weeks and a couple days old. We had his 2 month checkup last week, and at 9 weeks he weighed 14lb 4 oz. He's growing like a weed and changing every day. He smiles and gets so excited he squeals sometimes. On a not so happy note, I go back to work starting next Saturday, Feb 6, so that will be a whole new part of motherhood. I will be pumping at work, but I have not yet wrapped my mind around being gone from my baby. My husband will have him on the weekends I work and my parents are going to watch him on the weekdays I work.

I'll check back in with you ladies to see how you progress, but I really am just so happy for you!! Best of luck in the coming weeks!!

Mommyxofxone- Ugh, sorry about the trouble with the Doppler and anterior placenta! Glad to hear that you can eventually find him though. I wasn't sure if you could with anterior placenta. And if he's moving then that's good! Lol.

Crazycatlady - I'm 10 weeks today! Yay! The sex drive thing was short-lived, lol. Only lasted about a day and a half and then I went back to not being interested at all. But then last night I had a sexy dream again. I'm sure it'll come back. Aww such a bummer you had it bad while your hubby was away!

Aidensxmomma - Congrats on 8 weeks and a great scan! I changed your due date on the front page the day you posted it, just hadn't gotten around to replying to everyone yet. Until the sex drive thing kicked in over the weekend I was the same - I think we DTD maybe twice in the last month. It also kinda stings after - not sure if it's the progesterone or my body is fighting off his stuff, ya know. Hoping it's not like that the whole pregnancy. Maybe you'll get the sudden urge one day soon like I did. I'm sure your DH understands. Congrats on starting college! That's so exciting. Good for you! I bet it must be tough to get through a long day of classes with baby brain and dealing with first tri symptoms. That's funny about Taco Bell. I wish I had fun cravings, but nothing really strong yet. Just very mildly in the mood for some types of foods and less so for others, but not enough to feel like it's all pregnancy related. I'd love to be like "I need nachos right now" and hubs would go get it. Maybe in the 2nd tri.

TexMel!! I'm so happy to see you here! Of course you can hang out with us. Aww how adorable that your little guy smiles and squeals! Eek! I'm so sorry you have to go back to work already. I'll probably have about the same amount of time off myself. I haven't looked into it yet at my work, but typical is 3 months. Hope it goes ok. I'm sure the first day will be difficult.

HopefullyOpto - How are you doing? Any symptoms cropping up for you? Hoping you're doing ok with no spotting. I hate that you've had such a stressful time. Thinking of you!

Afm - I've reached 10 weeks and my nips are still dark and my mild nausea seems to be easing but I still have symptoms, so I'm thinking I've made it farther than last time and baby is still doing ok. Woohoo! I do have a better feeling this time around, mostly because the odds are in our favor. One week until my next scan and we'll know for sure if I made it past last time. Belly is starting to grow and I think after next week's appointment, I might just start wearing maternity clothes. I feel kinda sloppy wearing my same stretchy skinny pants and loose blouses every day to work. But right now my belly just looks like I ate too much, haha.

I had an anterior placenta too, it didn't end up being a big deal, just took longer until I felt kicks.

Ksquared - sounds like it is going so well for you! I think I started wearing maternity pants at that exact same time, wasn't sure if it was bloat or baby but either way normal pants were no longer confortable!

ksquared- don't panic if around 12-13 weeks things disappear. I know for me each pregnancy i freaked cause the symptoms disappeared! however when i was in second tri i started with new things lol but it was a likt a break from all the first tri things. It may not happen, just saying, for some ladies, i've been reading no symptoms at 12-13 is normal.

crazycatlady- yeah i had the anterior with both pregnancies. no issues, just didn't feel kicks with dd til 21 weeks. this time 15+2! but i think it's higher too because i can feel him dancing under it, and its more to the left cause i can feel him quite fine on the right!

afm- my hips and lower back just started hurting yesterday. yikes. wasn't expecting pelvic pain til much later. i'm trying to get a grasp on time cause it all seems to go so fast. I mean somehow this is the last week of jan? What?!

Thanks, crazycatlady and Mommyxofxone :). Yesterday I felt like my belly was sticking out a lot, but less so today. Maybe it's the clothes I'm wearing too. But I did have strong nausea yesterday and got really delirious last night because I got super tired, lol. Today I barely feel any symptoms so of course now I'm worrying! I take my last progesterone suppository tomorrow morning so we'll see how it goes after that. My next appointment on Thursday better come quick!

Ouch about the hip and back pain, mommy! Hope it's not a constant issue for you.

thanks ksquared

you're almost out of first tri :) that's awesome

Yep I'm slowly getting closer :). Yesterday I did my last progesterone suppository, so I'm a little nervous now to see how it goes and if the placenta is doing its job. My doctor said she stops all of her patients' progesterone at 10 weeks. So fingers crossed! Belly has been getting bigger and then gets smaller again, depending on the day so it seems like it's still mostly bloat but I might lose a little bloat without the suppositories. Still watching my nips to make sure they are still darker and they are. And I've really noticed a heightened sense of smell this week. But otherwise symptoms are lessening, but not gone. Just 4 days until my next appointment. Nervous but I don't have that bad feeling like I did last time. Just waiting and hoping!

Oh good! Your appointment is tomorrow, right?? It's almost here!!

Yep. If all looks good (as it should) then I'll start telling more people because I have a big work thing next week with lots of dinners and drinks, and people in from out of town. So would be a perfect time to announce! Very nervous - it's the moment of truth!

Ksquared - good luck at your apt! I'm sure it'll be all good! My symptoms did go down a bit around end of first trimester, got a bit more energy back.

Congrats on half way point mommyofone!

My lo is 16 lbs now! Can't believe it! He's 12.5 weeks.

Also, has anyone heard from babeawait? She's pregnant too still right?

I haven't either and I searched her profile and she hasn't posted in months! Not even on her journal. Hope all is well with her. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->