Long Cycle Ladies Journeying Through Pregnancy Together Toward Our Rainbows!

Baby is still doing great! Which means we made it past last time officially. I was so so nervous this morning and had stress dreams. So a huge sigh of relief. The appointment was quick and we didn't get a good still image, but here's a snapshot from the video DH took. You could see its little nose!! So in love. ❤️

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 5
i'm guessing boy :haha: i know it's early but i'm guessing anyway!

How's everyone doing? Been a bit quiet around here. *tumbleweed blows through* :)

here. sorry, kind of not with it. my gram died sunday. not much to talk about.

Had appt yesterday. hb 154 and everything looks good.

ksquared - I'm so glad that your scan went well and baby is doing great! :)

mommyxofxone - I'm so sorry to hear about your gram. Sending lots of hugs and thoughts to you and your family during this difficult time. :hugs:

AFM - I am feeling awful. :( I'm so exhausted and moody, which is making my poor family suffer a little and I feel terrible about it. I thought my morning sickness was getting a little better too and I was starting to eat a lot more. Unfortunately, the last few days have been worse than before. I haven't been able to eat much of anything. This makes me even more crabby because I love food :haha: I've also been having a lot of anxiety about the baby being okay. It's been a rough few days. But I'm trying to hang in there and think positive.

Not much happening here either. Little one has his first cold, so that's been stressful. My husband has to go away again this summer like last summer :( so I'm already worried about that. This is the last course he'll have to go away for though, thankfully.

Sorry to hear that your little man has his first cold, crazycat. Hopefully he feels better soon. :flower: How long will your DH have to be gone for?

Mommyxofxone - I'm so so sorry about your gram. It's so tough losing a loved one, whether you saw the person a lot or not. Sadly I don't have any grandparents left :(. But I'm very glad to hear that your little baby boy is doing well!

Aidensxmomma - It seems like a lot of ladies in the 10th week go up and down with the sickness. I'm sorry you're not feeling well though. Hopefully you start getting more good days than bad. When is your next appointment, by the way?

Crazycatlady - Sorry to hear about your LO's cold and your DH's trip again this summer. Such a bummer!

Afm - Belly is starting to get noticeable. Took my 12-week pic this morning and it was like whoa, big difference from last week! It's not all round and cute yet though so it still could be like I've got a big pooch haha. I started telling more work people, but it feels really awkward with some work people because I can tell they're just trying to be polite but don't really care, lol. Which is totally fine, but I told some specific work people who were in from out of town because I thought it would be more awkward to have to bring up maternity leave on the phone at some point. It's not like they'll see my growing belly and figure it out. So yeah, felt super awkward. And then I was at a dinner last night with everyone and I was the only sober person and it was so awkward too because I wasn't understanding their jokes, and I didn't have much to contribute to their conversations. Haha. Will be nice when just everyone knows just by looking at me.

I've been using my Doppler a few times lately and it's so nice to be able to hear the heartbeat anytime I start feeling nervous. Last time was yesterday morning. I feel lucky that I've been able to find it pretty quickly each time. On Monday is my NT scan, so hopefully I'll have some really clear close-up pics of baby :). Still doesn't quite feel like there's really a living, growing little person in my belly so I'm looking forward to feeling movement :).

Today was a much better day in terms of morning sickness. So far I've eaten 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, 2 bowls of noodles, a bagel with cream cheese, some chips, and a big bowl of stir fry. Plus, I tried eating an m&m cookie ice cream sandwich today. I didn't get sick from the first one, so I ended up eating 2 more :dohh: :rofl: In my defense, I haven't been able to eat cookies/ice cream or any other sweets since December, so I had to make up for lost time.

My brother and SIL also brought me an infant car seat and the convertible car seat I borrowed them. I'm starting to do tiny bits of shopping for the baby. I bought the most adorable set of onesies - they have squirrels on them :cloud9: My kids are starting to get suspicious because of the car seats, though.

My next appointment is on February 18. I have an ultrasound and then a doctor appointment. I'm excited and nervous!

ksquared - I'm glad that the doppler helps reassure you. I'm thinking about getting one, but I keep going back and forth about it.

Can't wait to see your ultrasound pics on Monday! :happydance:

ksquared thats so great about the doppler! and i know what you mean about the telling the co-workers. i always felt awkward with that. and some got mad cause i couldn't do certain jobs anymore so oh man they ACTUALLY had to work! i used the doppler yesterday as well, my sil gave me hers to borrow for the pregnancy thank goodness. really has been great.

aidens- so glad the morning sickness is letting up some!

afm- i woke up this am, and dd had puked all over her bed. So, spending the day doing a bit more laundry than originally anticipated.

Aidensxmomma - I'm so glad you had a good food day and were able to eat sweets! Today I had a nauseous/gaggy day but I've never had it too bad. How fun about the new baby clothes and the car seat. I haven't yet gotten anything, although we have to make a decision soon about borrowing a crib from either my sister in law or a relative. When are you planning to tell your kids?

Mommyxofxone - Yeah it just feels weird, trying to find a good time to say it. I wore my maternity dress pants for the first time today and didn't try to hide my bump which has popped out the last couple of days, and I noticed a couple of glances. Hoping I can just let my belly do the telling from now on :). Glad you got to borrow the Doppler - it is great! But ugh, sorry about the pukey mess this morning. Just thinking about it makes me gag, lol. But I am extra gaggy today lol.

Afm - Told a couple more coworkers last night at a dinner outing, and it actually went really well. There was a perfect moment to say it and even though it was 3 guys, they genuinely seemed happy for me. But yeah, I'm not going to try to hide my bump anymore so I'm sure people will start noticing soon. NT scan on Monday - fingers crossed all goes well!

Here's my bump (sorry about the dirty mirror). :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1
Lovely little bump!!! awwww !!! i remember with dd mine looked like that. not at all this time LOL i just swelled like a tick!

dd seems back to normal!!! and if i had been in first tri when this happened i don't think i'd have been able to clean the room. would've thrown up!

ksquared - Your bump is adorable :) I'm glad that it went well with telling your co-workers. Good luck for your scan on Monday! Make sure you come update us with pictures :)

We plan on telling my kids shortly after my ultrasound. They're already very suspicious because of the car seats and now they noticed the baby swing we picked up, so they are asking a lot of questions that I just keep ignoring. :haha: By this upcoming weekend, they'll probably know and then we'll start telling all the other people we haven't told yet.

mommyxofxone - I'm glad your daughter wasn't sick long. I don't think I'd be able to handle it if my kids were sick right now, either. I wouldn't have a choice since OH can't handle "gross" things. I don't know how he's going to handle dirty diapers and spit up when the baby gets here. :haha:

AFM - I've been feeling pretty good the last few days, which has me a little worried. It's going to be hard to wait until my ultrasound Thursday. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything is okay.

It's been a crazy weekend so far. I brought my kids to their dad's house for their weekend with him. Well, the next morning I wake up to a text from my ex saying that he was robbed and I needed to come get the kids because his food was stolen in addition to all of his electronics and my son's pokemon cards. Aiden was really upset about his cards being taken, but other than that, the kids seem to be okay. They don't seem to be having any extra anxiety over our apartment getting broken into or anything, so that's good. Also, no one was hurt or anything, which is also really good. It was very upsetting, but as long as the kids are okay, I'll be fine too.

I'm 11 weeks today :happydance: Hope you ladies are doing well :flower:

Aidens i always liked when dh almost vomited with a bad poo diaper. LOL

It almost made me mad! suck it up! if we have to deal with gross 24/7 you can do one damn diaper! But yeah if it had been first tri i'd have not done very well at all. i'm not totally me again but i'm better than i was then that's for sure!

awesome about your ultrasound i can't wait!

that's TERRIBLE about your ex's house!!!! :( glad the kids are doing well with that, i've heard it can be so traumatizing!

Thanks, Mommy! Bump is still inconsistent lol. Sometimes obvious like the pic, and sometimes the bloat goes down and I just have a slight curve. I'm glad your dd is feeling better!

Aidens - Happy 11 weeks! Looking forward to your scan on Thursday! Yikes that is so scary about your ex's house! So it happened while they were sleeping? Sheesh that's bold. Glad everyone is ok and the kids aren't too shaken by it. That's so cute that your kids suspect. I bet they'll be happy for you :).

Afm - Had our NT scan today! Still waiting for them to call with results, but baby looked perfect to me. DH is so nervous so FX for good news. Still measuring 1 day ahead so I guess our due date is August 23! She couldn't tell if it's a boy or girl yet - said it was too early. But it was pretty amazing to have her look in detail at so many angles of the baby. He/she kept waving its arm and moving it to its face. Aww :).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2
Ksquared - your baby bump is so cute! Also I love your last scan pic, I didn't get one at that stage, I went straight from that first one where they barely look like a baby to the one where we found out the gender and baby is so much bigger.

Aidens- scary about your ex's place! And glad your morning sickness is letting up, mine got so much better around 11 weeks too.

Mommyofone - my Dh will be gone for 3 months :( it's brutal. He's going to miss so much of lo's first year. He's dreading it too and worried lo will forget him, so it's hard for me to be sad in front of him about it when I know how bad he's feeling. He leaves in May so we still have some time before then, but I know it'll fly by.

Anyway, as my little man's cold is clearing up he has started teething! Already! I can even see the little white tip starting to pop up. And he's so young he can't hold and move teething toys with great accuracy yet. So he's chewing his fist all the time, which led to him getting an infected ingrown nail on his thumb! So never a dull moment here! But, I've successfully transitioned him into his bassinet. I was Cosleeping and absolutely loving it! Which I said I would never ever do before he was born, but things change apparently! Loved every minute of Cosleeping! But I did want him to learn to sleep in his own, and we want to go away for the weekend for our anniversary in April so I need him sleeping on his own before then. The transition went quite well. He seems to fall asleep easily in either place. Hopefully crib transition goes well once I'm ready for that!

ksquared- i'm so glad your scan went well. and looking at the nub i'm guessing girl!

crazycat how old is baby now? Aw hun i'm sorry dh will be leaving but it'll be alright. i doubt he'll forget dh- and luckily he's so young yet it won't be as bad as if he was older i think. Dh used to go on trips for work when dd was young. ANd she never even noticed. But, now? at 4? she gets upset when he goes to work. it's a huge difference.

as for co-sleeping we did the same. i never dreamed of doing it. And then i did. she wouldn't sleep unless i was holding her. Been reading up on something called 4th trimester where they just want to be with you. even though they're here and not in the uterus anymore, they still are developing a ton and want mommy close. We co-slept til she was a month, and while swaddling her one night in her crib to take to bed with me she passed out. like nothing. never slept with me again. :(

afm nothing new. raining like crazy here. Snow yesterday and all washed away this am. sucks. Inside day today.

ksquared- i'm so glad your scan went well. and looking at the nub i'm guessing girl!

crazycat how old is baby now? Aw hun i'm sorry dh will be leaving but it'll be alright. i doubt he'll forget dh- and luckily he's so young yet it won't be as bad as if he was older i think. Dh used to go on trips for work when dd was young. ANd she never even noticed. But, now? at 4? she gets upset when he goes to work. it's a huge difference.

as for co-sleeping we did the same. i never dreamed of doing it. And then i did. she wouldn't sleep unless i was holding her. Been reading up on something called 4th trimester where they just want to be with you. even though they're here and not in the uterus anymore, they still are developing a ton and want mommy close. We co-slept til she was a month, and while swaddling her one night in her crib to take to bed with me she passed out. like nothing. never slept with me again. :(

afm nothing new. raining like crazy here. Snow yesterday and all washed away this am. sucks. Inside day today.

Exactly! I read about 4th trimester too, makes so much sense. Lo is 3 months now. Time is flying by!

Thanks, Crazycatlady and Mommyxofxone! I also got the call today that with the NT scan and blood test, the results were normal/negative for birth defects!! So incredibly happy!

Crazycatlady - I can't believe your little boy is already teething! Wow. So glad the sleeping is going well with him. I hear that can be such a challenge to get them to sleep on their own. Definitely sounds like an adventure at your house, haha. I live in Southern California, by the way :).

Mommyxofxone - Sorry about the cold and wet weather. I like rain but I have to have a good sunny break or I go stir crazy. Although I'm super spoiled with warm weather pretty much year-round. It's felt like summer here the last week or so actually. Kinda weird but I'm not complaining!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->