Long Cycles TTC #1 & Need a buddy!

Hi Sunkissed and all the other ladies out there, good luck to all of you!! I just came across this thread... do you mind if I join in too??

I quickly skimmed through your other posts and saw you're taking Vitex - can anyone offer some advice?? How has it been affecting your cycles? I have long cycles and I've recently been thinking of trying it...

Me and my DH are both 30 and we've been TTC about one year now. My last few cycles have been around 45 days. I've been temp charting and this past cycle I ov on cd 32, so I'm currently at 9 dpo and I'm expecting AF in about 4 days, unless I get really lucky this time! Anways, I'd really appreciate any advice on taking Vitex or any other suggestions any of you might have to shorten long cycles. Thanks and best wishes everyone!!

I know what you mean merrymint. I'm trying to keep my mind on other things so I won't obsess lol.

Hi Sunkissed and all the other ladies out there, good luck to all of you!! I just came across this thread... do you mind if I join in too??

I quickly skimmed through your other posts and saw you're taking Vitex - can anyone offer some advice?? How has it been affecting your cycles? I have long cycles and I've recently been thinking of trying it...

Me and my DH are both 30 and we've been TTC about one year now. My last few cycles have been around 45 days. I've been temp charting and this past cycle I ov on cd 32, so I'm currently at 9 dpo and I'm expecting AF in about 4 days, unless I get really lucky this time! Anways, I'd really appreciate any advice on taking Vitex or any other suggestions any of you might have to shorten long cycles. Thanks and best wishes everyone!!

Welcome! I answered your Qs about Vitex on the other thread - whoops! I didn't really know a whole lot about my cycles before I took it but I did O and I had a 14 day LP so those two things are good. I didn't take it this cycle so I am waiting to see if it worked or not. I also heard you should take it for a couple months before it starts to work. I only took it for 1. This cycle I tried soy, which didn't move my O. If I don't get a BFP this cycle I am going back on it.

HTH

Welcome Sunflower! We sound very similar - my DH and I are in our early 30's and have been TTC since March. We are all in the same boat on here... loonnngg cycles and lots of waiting :) We did have one BFP in this thread so far - Mackay got a Christmas BFP!!!

I have not tried Vitex, but am considering that and acupuncture next cycle if this one is a bust.

This is totally off the subject but a way to keep me busy - we are getting our first puppy next week! Maltese- shih tzu!!! Yay!!! It Can be my baby for now ;)

Congrats Sunkissed! Pictures?

We adopted a beautiful mutt girl about 6 months ago and I've kept busy with her training and classes - we're going for her therapy license.

This is totally off the subject but a way to keep me busy - we are getting our first puppy next week! Maltese- shih tzu!!! Yay!!! It Can be my baby for now ;)

I want another puppy :brat: My springer spaniel is now 14 months, so technically no longer a puppy. One of my pointers is going to be a daddy in about 5 weeks time and I really want one of those, but OH has said absolutely not :nope:

I don't have one yet. We get him a week from sat since he will be 8 weeks then and I'll take pics!!

Thanks Sunkissed and MerryMint for welcoming me to the group! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with these long cycles and we can all support each other! Congrats to Mackay with her BFP!! It will happen for all of us, stay positive and keep trying!!

I think I will give Vitex a try then for my next cycle... I think it'll help reduce my anxiety a little if I'm trying everything I can. Do you start taking it at the start of AF or right after AF is gone?

MerryMint - please keep me updated if you try acupuncture, I've heard good things about it so I was considering trying that too.

Sunkissed - congrats on your new puppy!! I'll be waiting for pics!

Sunflower I started taking it once AF was done but the bottle doesn't specify. So you would probably be ok either way.

https://www.puppiessale.org/userpics/1265989024Dash.jpg

it looks like that :)

Sunkissed - awww your new puppy is soooo adorable!! Luv it!! Have you picked a name yet?

Thanks that's not the exact one because it's not old enough to get yet but I like the name Bentley and DBF likes Boomer.... So we will see

Thanks that's not the exact one because it's not old enough to get yet but I like the name Bentley and DBF likes Boomer.... So we will see

That's Maci's boy's name from Teen Mom (Bentley) :D.

I'm trying to figure out how to tell if my cervix is open or closed....it feels like there is a dimple in the middle where I am assuming is the opening but how do I know if its open? (sorry TMI) Can anyone help?

LOL, I've been wondering the same thing!! I feel the dimple too, but it always feels the same to me so I can't tell the difference between open or closed. But I can definitely tell when it's high or low and soft or firm.

Oo - I love the name Bentley! So cute :)

This is my sweet poochie mutt, Eva.

Attachments

• Eva.jpg
    Eva.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 0
Ladies, I feel seriously frustrated. I started looking up reviews on my bbt, because I've been suspecting that it's not the most accurate (particularly because when I take my temp after waking, it's lower than my resting temp). Anyways, after poring through dozens of reviews, I found out it's not a real bbt!!! It has preset temps that it will round to, instead of giving a real reading! And many users have said that even temping twice after waking, it will give wide variations in temps.

I'm so frustrated now that my whole cycle of charting is a bust and I can't trust any of my temps :(

So, I'm in the market for a good bbt - any recommendations? By the way, mine was the Target brand... stay far away!

I am just starting to learn more about my body, and the length of my cycles, but I've had some longer ones... like 34 days, and 37 days... so I am going to wait and see how the next couple go. They seem to have gotten longer after I went off birth control. Hmm... the long cycles are a pain in the butt though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->