Long Cycles TTC #1 & Need a buddy!

Hi ladies!
I am new to BnB but have been reading your posts for a few days now. I felt like I was reading about myself! lol So nice to find others struggling with the same challenges.

I am currently on CD4...generally they run between 32-40 days. This past cycle was 33...the one before 45. So basically I'm all over the map! I have tried OPKs but have not had a positive result yet. This cycle, I am trying soy capsules and will see if that encourages a little action :)

Happy New Year to everyone! Fresh start tomorrow!:thumbup:

Good luck LuckyDuck :) The soy knocked 14 days off for me last cycle so it definitely can work!

Oh, I'm CD 4 at the moment LuckyDuck so we're pretty close cycle wise :)9

Welcome, LuckyDuck!

Happy New Year ladies! Forgot to mention I went to my chiropractor yesterday and she said my soaz (sp?) muscle was pretty messed up and wants to work on it for the next few weeks. She mentioned that she's had several women get pregnant after a few sessions whose cycles were messed up pretty badly (one woman hadn't had a natural period in 7 years). I'll let you all know how it goes.

Welcome, LuckyDuck!

Happy New Year ladies! Forgot to mention I went to my chiropractor yesterday and she said my soaz (sp?) muscle was pretty messed up and wants to work on it for the next few weeks. She mentioned that she's had several women get pregnant after a few sessions whose cycles were messed up pretty badly (one woman hadn't had a natural period in 7 years). I'll let you all know how it goes.

That's really interesting....let us know how it goes :hugs: Good luck xx

Yay merrymint. Hope it goes well.

Welcome luckyduck!!!

So my temp dropped today. I haven't put it in FF yet but it was 96.2 then I was so bummed I took it again and it went up then I took it again and it went up again. This was all back to back so now I'm worried about the thermometer issue......grrrr
and now we aren't ttc anymore until I hear about my job :( I hope everyone is having a great new years day!

I also don't know what temp to record. The third was 96.7 the first was 96.2???

I'd go with the first one as that would have been your proper 'resting' temp.

Keep smiling x

Yay merrymint. Hope it goes well.

Welcome luckyduck!!!

So my temp dropped today. I haven't put it in FF yet but it was 96.2 then I was so bummed I took it again and it went up then I took it again and it went up again. This was all back to back so now I'm worried about the thermometer issue......grrrr
and now we aren't ttc anymore until I hear about my job :( I hope everyone is having a great new years day!

I also don't know what temp to record. The third was 96.7 the first was 96.2???

I'm sorry hon. I know the temp thing bummed me out pretty badly, but I had to relax a bit and realize that just because the thermometer doesn't work like it should, it doesn't mean my body isn't still working right and I may just have to go through one more month of not knowing if or when I O'd. Hope you get a clear temp shift though :)

When will you find out about the new job (or did I miss that part)?

Welcome, LuckyDuck!

That's really interesting....let us know how it goes :hugs: Good luck xx

Thanks Katie, I will let you know. My doctor told me she would have me pregnant by February, lol :) And if so, I have to name my baby after her!

I don't know when I find out about the job maybe a week or 2. part of
me doesn't want it which is weird but I want a baby more than this job. But I just gotta wait....

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! MerryMint, I'm very interested to hear how it goes at the chiropractor. Hope your doctor has a nice name if you'll be naming your child after her (and that you have a girl!) :)

I didn't end up taking the soy last night. Was incredibly uncomfortable before bed...very crampy and major bloating. Not sure if it was just extreme PMS or related to the soy. Might try again tonight but if it happens again tomorrow, might not be an option for me:(

MerryMint - Good luck, that's great your doctor is so positive about it! Hopefully you like the doctor's name then! :)

Sunkissed - I understand it would be really difficult to hold off on trying for a baby, but try to stay positive. I just try to think that whatever happens was meant to be... not sure if you think that way. But whether you get the new job or not, I'm sure everything will work out for you and you'll get your BFP soon!! If you do get the job now, maybe that will give you a couple extra months to get your cycles shortened and regular. I'm sure everything will work out for you! :)

FallenAngel - I just saw that you've been having some success with soy... could you tell me more about your experiences with taking it? Now I'm wondering if I should give soy a try instead of vitex for my next cycle... I'm confused about which one would be better to try, so anything you have to share on this would be appreciated! :)

I'm now at 12 dpo.... I hate all this waiting!!!

Thanks sunflower :) I'm trying to stay positive!!!! I hope this I your month!!! FX!

Morning ladies :flower:

cd33 for me and no sign of ov..:coffee: My temp dipped a tiny bit this morning, but I have hardly any cm, and FF have stopped saying I'm fertile. Did an OPK late last night and it was totally blank - not even the faintest of faint lines! That was the 46th opk I've used this cycle....:dohh:

NYE should have been day 4 of soy but I was very uncomfortable before bed, ie. major bloating and cramping, so I decided to skip in case it was a side effect of the soy.

Any of you who have tried it had similar symptoms??? I am wondering if it may have been just extreme AF.

Felt better last night so started again. I will take tonight and tomorrow as well so I get the 5 days worth.

For those who have tried soy....if you were able to shorten your cycle, were you also able to get a positive OPK??? When I have tested in the past (although only for 1 cycle), I was never able to find a positive day. Wondering if soy also helps OV?

Have a great day ladies! :hugs:

Morning ladies :flower:

cd33 for me and no sign of ov..:coffee: My temp dipped a tiny bit this morning, but I have hardly any cm, and FF have stopped saying I'm fertile. Did an OPK late last night and it was totally blank - not even the faintest of faint lines! That was the 46th opk I've used this cycle....:dohh:

Keep smiling KatieKittyKat! :hugs: We're all thinking positive thoughts for you!

Hey Sunflower :)

I've tried soy and vitex and I can honestly say vitex did nothing for me at all, but conversely my best friend tried it and got her bfp 3 months after starting with it after 18 months off TTC so I guess it depends on the person!

Soy seems to be working for me, it took over 14 days off my cycle last time. This is my 3rd cycle of taking it and I'm sticking with the same dose as last time (160mg 3-5 and then 200mg 6-7). There are quite a few success stories from these days/dosage.

I'm using a cbfm and cheap opk's as well as digital opk's and since starting on the soy I have had peaks on the monitor and smiley faces on the digital opk's. Was so happy the first time that happened!

I've had marked temp rises after ov as well with the soy which has also been great.

In terms of side effects, I've not had anything really. I've had a bit of a headache in the morning but nothing else at all. I have been taking them literally just before I go to bed though which some people have recommended just in case.

If there's anything else you want to know then just shout and I'll do my best to answer from my experience.

You never know - a bfp might be heading your way so you won't need it!

LuckyDuck, hope this helps answer your question as well, if not then just let me know :)

Great info fallenangel - thank you!

No issues today with soy so I'm hoping it was just AF cramping.

Just found out my BFF is preggers for her 2nd. I am very excited for her...and am mad at myself for feeling a little jealous. DH and I have not been trying for long - he considers us NTNP - but I think I'm more TTC! :blush: I now have 4 close friends expecting in the summer. Pressure's on! :wacko:

I didn't have any issues with soy either. But it did not bring my O any earlier :( not sure if it made it later cause I'm waiting for FF to confirm still.

Fallenangel - Thanks so much for all the info on soy!! Yes, it sounds like it just depends on the individual person then. That's great it's working so well for you and all the best wishes! :) How long did you try taking vitex?

Sunkissed - That's too bad soy didn't work for you this cycle... are you planning on taking it again or will you try vitex again?

Katiekittykat - Any news today? I'll keep my fingers crossed that you ov soon!!

Luckyduck - I hope the soy will work for you, good luck! And I understand how you feel excited but also a little jealous about your preggy friends... I feel the same way! Seems like everyone I know is having babies! I am happy for them, but I've wanted a baby for a long time and just wonder when it will be my turn.

I'm still undecided whether I'll try vitex or soy... but I'd definitely like to try something for my next cycle if I don't get my BFP this time. Still no signs of AF yet at 13 dpo, just sore boobs and a little cramping but that's typical for me before AF arrives.... expecting it tomorrow. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much for this cycle, but I'm feeling really positive that this will be a great year for baby-making! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->