Long Cycles TTC #1 & Need a buddy!

I'm trying to figure out how to tell if my cervix is open or closed....it feels like there is a dimple in the middle where I am assuming is the opening but how do I know if its open? (sorry TMI) Can anyone help?

With mine, it's almost like there is a little slit/tiny dimple when it's closed. When it's open I can kind of put the tip of my finger/fingernail in it. I can't put my whole fingertip inside of it, but it's about as wide of an opening as it it.

Thanks blondie. I can barley reach mine so I can't def put my finger inside I'll check tomorrow

Ladies, I feel seriously frustrated. I started looking up reviews on my bbt, because I've been suspecting that it's not the most accurate (particularly because when I take my temp after waking, it's lower than my resting temp). Anyways, after poring through dozens of reviews, I found out it's not a real bbt!!! It has preset temps that it will round to, instead of giving a real reading! And many users have said that even temping twice after waking, it will give wide variations in temps.

I'm so frustrated now that my whole cycle of charting is a bust and I can't trust any of my temps :(

So, I'm in the market for a good bbt - any recommendations? By the way, mine was the Target brand... stay far away!

I got mine from Amazon -the make is Babymad xx

merrymint, I have the target bbt...I haven't noticed there is a problem... :shrug: My temp is sometimes lower after I'm up & about than it was in bed but I thought that was just how it is, and the only temp that matters is the one right when you wake up. Gosh I dunno what to think now... Anyone else use that bbt?

I've just been using Life Brand and it seems to be very accurate....got my :bfp: with it, so I would say it works pretty good :)

Sunkissed, if you can barely reach your cervix that's a good sign. I hope you've been BDing these past couple days!

I tested the thermometer a few times to see how accurate it was. Last night, I got 2 wildly different temps (97.18 and 96.8), but this morning I got 97.45 3 times in a row, so maybe it's ok for resting temps, ready4baby?

I'm still going to get another one, because the preset temp thing does bug me (I don't know if it's rounding up or down or to the nearest temp). Thanks for the recommendations :)

Mackay I sure have!!! I also had a temp rise today so FX it continues to stay!!!

On another note I may be getting a new job and be relocated and DBF thinks we should be careful now because it wouldn't be good for my career to get preggers first thing on the new job. But I haven't gotten it yet so I guess we will see what happens. Hopefully I already Od so it will be too late anyways this cycle to try haha.

As for BBT I just use the one from wal mart and it works good for me

Mackay I sure have!!! I also had a temp rise today so FX it continues to stay!!!

On another note I may be getting a new job and be relocated and DBF thinks we should be careful now because it wouldn't be good for my career to get preggers first thing on the new job. But I haven't gotten it yet so I guess we will see what happens. Hopefully I already Od so it will be too late anyways this cycle to try haha.

Temp rise looks great!! FX this is it for you! Just waiting for mine now :coffee:

Just done my first OPK of the day - awaiting the result but it's not looking good if I'm honest :nope: I don't know why I bother lol

Sorry katie. I am over OPKs!!! They are hard to read!!

They're a nightmare! This one was negative - but the faint line was darker than the faint lines I had yesterday.... :nope: I'll do another one before I go to bed.

Have a great new year ladies - here's to lots of bfp's for 2011 :)

Happy New Year everyone. May it be filled with BFPs for everyone!!!! Have a safe and fun night!

Happy New Year to all the Long-Cyclers!! Healthy, happy and fertile 2011 to you all xxxx

Hi ladies!
I am new to BnB but have been reading your posts for a few days now. I felt like I was reading about myself! lol So nice to find others struggling with the same challenges.

I am currently on CD4...generally they run between 32-40 days. This past cycle was 33...the one before 45. So basically I'm all over the map! I have tried OPKs but have not had a positive result yet. This cycle, I am trying soy capsules and will see if that encourages a little action :)

Happy New Year to everyone! Fresh start tomorrow!:thumbup:

Happy New Year everyone! Wish you all good health and happiness and BFP's for 2011!!

Welcome LuckyDuck, nice to have you on board! :)

Hi ladies!
I am new to BnB but have been reading your posts for a few days now. I felt like I was reading about myself! lol So nice to find others struggling with the same challenges.

I am currently on CD4...generally they run between 32-40 days. This past cycle was 33...the one before 45. So basically I'm all over the map! I have tried OPKs but have not had a positive result yet. This cycle, I am trying soy capsules and will see if that encourages a little action :)

Happy New Year to everyone! Fresh start tomorrow!:thumbup:

:hi: Welcome LuckyDuck! Hope this is your year! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"