Long Term Trying To Conceive Vent Thread

i need a little rant....

When we got referred to the hospital blood test showed that i wasn't immune to rubella (among other things). so i needed to have a shot. which meant we had to take a break from trying. And today we went back to see our consultant, and he has said we are not to have unprotected sex until after the next time we see him. which is 6 to 8 week away.
So we havnt been able to try since dec 3rd and doesnt look like we will be able to start trying again untill middle of march!!!

And i gotta say taking this break is worse then trying. because atleast then i had something to focus on (timing ect) but just doing nothing and waiting....

I hate just waiting..... :cry:

Sorry pointless vent over now. i know we are doing whats best and doc knows best, just hard sometimes when you want something so much.

One day. Having a dr put you on hiatus sucks. Dh and I are on one. I was actually told to go on birth control.. We decided to use natural family planning and withdrawal instead. I have to wait another 45 days till surgery plus recovery

Someone on another board shared this. It fits my mood today. Its from post secret

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-X6VToRfYCW4/UPt1bnlGpPI/AAAAAAAAXLg/6f8-lovotWs/s1600/fu.jpg

I looove that website.

But I hate that we're all struggling to get pregnant.

Urghhh! Those "if I get 1million likes on Facebook..." posts are annoying enough but "if I get a million likes on Facebook my wife said we can discuss having a baby". Who the hell makes huge life decisions like that based on the opinions of random sheep on Facebook?

1. People complaining that pregnancy 2 took a long time to conceive, when it was under a year.

2. Mil putting posts how precious having a granddaughter is, she has one from sil, when each and every time she talks to me she mentions our TTC efforts, last time she was telling dh that it could well be my fault. (Well I finally went to the doc and ovaries and uterus look good and are doing what they are supposed to, will check hormones next af).

3. DH keeps putting off getting a SA, isn't really trying to help on that front though he is happy enough to be.

4. Announcements at work of more births, probably more oregos too. (All female workplace in a country where TTC is a national pastime, have as many kids as possible with up to 3 or 4 wives at a time!

5. Seeing all the beautiful pics of of babies (ultrasound) at my new doc's office. (There are much different, more relaxed, rules about confidentiality here)

On another forum I read someone just announced their BFP - and now I'm in a cranky mood.

I usually like hearing BFP announcements but it was only their second cycle of TTC, and they had already made very judgemental comments on a thread about how others were dealing with their TTC emotions/tactics when they obviously don't have a clue what LTTTC is like.

Typical that they get their BFP just like that when it might have actually been beneficial for them to be brought down off their moral high-horse with a few more months of waiting!

I steer clear of non LTTTC threads for that reason. They turn me into a sneery bitter person so I stay here where I'm happier.

Arghhh had to re-arrange smear test, not just read that no sex before a smear for 24hrs!!! do I need anything else to put stop to things over my fertile period!! Argh!!

Hi girls. Do you ever have days where you feel like you can't vent or feel alone?
I'm glad or this thread for sure.

I feel some days my stupid issues are mine alone and that I am alone. I wish I could say on my Facebook or out loud how I really feel but in this day and age and of ourselves my job we cannot do that.

Can I take back a vent or 2.... had a catch-up with a friend today, she knows all the ups and downs of my LTTC and I had said to her how hard I took the news of another friends BFP announcement, turns out the she had been having issues as well... long cycles and had a previous miscarriage.... also the guy from work who has just annouced his missus is pregant... turns out they she has had a misscarriage as well... :dohh:

Sometimes the grass is not always greener... :nope:

That why I'm planning on coming clean about our struggles if/when I announce our pregnancy. There's such a stigma about these things.

Gaa! Clearblue advert came on yet again, 4th time tonight!

I THINK FINDING THIS THREAD HAS SAVED MY LIFE AND SANITY!!!
I swear it is like a breath of fresh air!!! SO TIRED of hearing about success stories when my own journey is so disappointing and frustrating. I know that makes me sound like a horrible person, but I cant help having these nasty feelings....
A little about me :been TTC naturally for about 1.5 years on and off then started with assisted methods about 4 months ago. Nothing irregular was detected from prelim tests, so HSG was done. What a disaster! knew something was wrong when I felt no pain after reading about how painful the procedure is. Turns out it was inconclusive as the radiologist probabaly didnt do it right. Did a clomid/hcg shot IUI in Nov 2012, no damn luck even thought the dr said he saw a nice 23mm follicle. Took a break in Dec 2012 and then did another clomid+hcg shot IUI on Monday this week. So basically Im in another 2WW. I AM SO OVER IT!!!!! I know people say be positive and all tht crap but its nearly impossible after so much disappointment. Never thought Id ever have a problem conceiving as Ive had regular non-problematic periods my entire life. Did put on a bit of weight in the last year so maybe that has something to do with it. Doubt that much though as all hormone levels are fine. THIS NOT KNOWING WHAT IS WRONG IS KILLING ME!
WORST part is that hubby and I are doing this all alone. ABSOLUTELY nobody else in our families know about this and we want to keep it this way. I just wouldnt be able to handle constantly talking about it. Eevry time somebody asks us when we planning on starting a family we say we not ready yet, maybe next year. Little do they know we've been trying for 2 years!! :headspin::devil::ignore: sorry for the long vent, jus that this is the first time Ive EVER VENTED!! :hissy:

:hugs: Despondent. It is tough, but you've found a place where you can let it all out. There are so many ladies around here that understand what you're going through. I hope you find BnB as supportive as I have.

And my vent for today....

I can't even watch Masterchef without someone announcing they're pregnant on it. I mean, really? Really? Masterchef? That's like the one show I thought was safe.

I think maybe I'm a terrible person...someone on tww is wondering if their symptoms mean they're bfp. She has a new partner, says she's on a Mini pill and has herself listed as TTC. Hmmm....she hasn't tested and won't tell the guy Any of her concerns at this point... I may have called her immature. Oops. Not.

I THINK FINDING THIS THREAD HAS SAVED MY LIFE AND SANITY!!!
I swear it is like a breath of fresh air!!! SO TIRED of hearing about success stories when my own journey is so disappointing and frustrating. I know that makes me sound like a horrible person, but I cant help having these nasty feelings....
A little about me :been TTC naturally for about 1.5 years on and off then started with assisted methods about 4 months ago. Nothing irregular was detected from prelim tests, so HSG was done. What a disaster! knew something was wrong when I felt no pain after reading about how painful the procedure is. Turns out it was inconclusive as the radiologist probabaly didnt do it right. Did a clomid/hcg shot IUI in Nov 2012, no damn luck even thought the dr said he saw a nice 23mm follicle. Took a break in Dec 2012 and then did another clomid+hcg shot IUI on Monday this week. So basically Im in another 2WW. I AM SO OVER IT!!!!! I know people say be positive and all tht crap but its nearly impossible after so much disappointment. Never thought Id ever have a problem conceiving as Ive had regular non-problematic periods my entire life. Did put on a bit of weight in the last year so maybe that has something to do with it. Doubt that much though as all hormone levels are fine. THIS NOT KNOWING WHAT IS WRONG IS KILLING ME!
WORST part is that hubby and I are doing this all alone. ABSOLUTELY nobody else in our families know about this and we want to keep it this way. I just wouldnt be able to handle constantly talking about it. Eevry time somebody asks us when we planning on starting a family we say we not ready yet, maybe next year. Little do they know we've been trying for 2 years!! :headspin::devil::ignore: sorry for the long vent, jus that this is the first time Ive EVER VENTED!! :hissy:

Hey girl! I know what you are going through! 3 failed medicated IUI cycle. My advice is to speak to you doctor about having a laparoscopy before doing anymore expensive treatments. I did a lap after 3 failed IUI and low and behold I had severe endometriosis it had turned in to thick scar tissue! Never had a damn symptom!!! It's crazy, a lot of women have no symptoms of things and a laparoscopy can for sure see and fix any problems! GOOD LUCK IN YOUD TWW! I sure hope you get your bfp. Don't worry about being positive, :)

Despondent I agree with bma
After my hsg the only option was lap for me. It didn't help and now I'm waiting for another surgery.

Aunt Flo is two weeks late, but bfn! Blood been sent away for analysis, but I no I'm not pregnant, my body has just decided to be evil, as I usually have a 31 day cycle I thought we would have this last month ttc before hubby gets deployed for 4 months, but no! That's it now! Then when he gets back there will be 3 months before we start Ivf!!
And my family and friends just say, just stay positive , try not to think about it! Have more sex!! They havnt got a clue what these 3 years have been like!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadleyfai
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->