Long Term Trying To Conceive Vent Thread

Watching a TV programme where someone claimed that they "missed one pill and the condom broke" and they ended up pregnant! Bull***t!!! Grrrrrr!

Ugh, I need the venting thread today. We have decided to adopt, which I am very happy about and right now I'm working on letting the infertility grief go. Today though, I just lost it. My brother is about to have a baby any day now. It brings back some wounds of when he told me he was pregnant.
I had just had our first IUI, this was our greatest chance of conceiving, as the sperm count was the highest it had ever been. After the IUI, you are supposed to be relaxed and stress free during the two week wait. He called me on the second day of the 2WW to tell me they had just peed on the stick and were pregnant. I was devastated, I left work and cried for two days straight. I still blame them for ruining our chances, as irrational as that is. Now that their baby is about to be born, I can't help but think that their selfishness ruined my happiness.
RANT OVER!
Thank you for this. By the way, your blog is amazing. I read that you would consider IVF after IUI#3. Is that still an option for you? Sorry if my questioning is inappropriate or if I missed a post in your blog where you may have mentioned it. I am just asking because if MFI is the main culprit then I would figure IVF would give a much better chance at a BFP. Just my thoughts. Sorry again if I wasn't supposed to get deep here.

Sorry! I just saw this. We could do IVF, and actually, we have a huge chance of it working. However, I think I hit my breaking point, and couldn't handle if it didn't work. It's SO much money to spend. We had always thought about adopting, so it was a natural progression for us. Thanks for the compliment on the blog!

Why come into my journal when you are pregnant with a mood bar set to drunk. Just don't. :nope:

Why come into my journal when you are pregnant with a mood bar set to drunk. Just don't. :nope:

oh dear goodness me, that's horrible! Some women just don't understand what it means to have a life inside of them..that being pregnant means that it's no longer just your body for 9 months that you have to look after the baby. Breaks my heart whenever i see women drinking or doing drugs while pregnant. I'm surprised there's not a law for that.

I think that might have been me. I am really sorry if I offended. I started reading some of the journals when was trying and keeping my fingers crossed for all of you. And I am not actually drunk, just feel very nauseous. And sorry again if I offended. I used to hate pregnant women moaning about morning sickness, feeling bloated, tired etc. it's extremely irritating for anyone ttc or even considering ttc. So I totally understand the vent. Big hugs and sorry if am appearing in the wrong place xxx

I am the culprit of the original post. Have actually removed mood in case anyone thinks am boozing and pregnant. Big hugs ladies xxx

Hello. I saw this thread and thought I'd read through. It's so tough to be lttc. :( right now for me I'm on a dr imposed break due to a surgery in march 2013. Last year from feb to may I had to wait as well. It's just getting to a point where I think I'm going crack and I waiver as to whether I really wanna do this. :(

I think AF has started when I think I'm only 10 DPO, even though my progesterone levels were very high. As if that wasn't bad enough one if DH's friends announced that he's going to be a dad. Why is it always on your bad days that they announce?

Can't even comfort eat my way through it because my gall bladder is grumbling. (I have gallstones and am waiting to see the consultant about treatment).

Ickle pand. I had an iui last month and af showed on 10 dpo too. Stupid af.

This month af is weird started off as barely there brown spotting about 6 days ago and today maybe I'm finally getting something.....maybe. I thought the clomid would make my cycle normal but nope. :( and I not have pcos just high estrogen.

Having a bad month. AF is here. Out for dinner at weekend manage to pick a restaurant where the were tables either side of us with baby at each oh and a pregnant waitress. Picked a fight with DH about our situation. Severe cramping over weekend. Crap sleep. Get into work today and overhear that a work colleagues wife is pregnant. Just reached twelve weeks. Happy for them but just felt like crying. Working from home tomorrow. Will have happy face on to congratulate him on Wednesday.

Had a huge temperature dip today, and terrible pain in my left ovary yesterday. I've never had a temperature this low before. With my luck, that means the Metformin worked and I ovulated, but hubby and I have not had sex. So, it was a wasted cycle.

Fan-freaking-tastic.

Fizzy fee can you still bd? They say in normal situations sperms can live for 5 days.

My body lies to me. I can't trust it anymore. If it were a friend, I would disown it. I thought I was pregnant, but AF got me today -two weeks late! We have been trying for about 18 months and now I am at a point where I want to scream.

Fizzy fee can you still bd? They say in normal situations sperms can live for 5 days.

I can tonight, but I am pretty sure it will be too late. The egg only lives for 24 hours. It is completely possible that I haven't even ovulated yet, just had a freakishly low temp. :shrug: Only time will tell. Either way, it is beyond frustrating. :(

Fizzyfefe - some people wait until after ov to try and have a certain gender, I can't remember which gender, but it must work sometimes or they'd stop. (They're obviously fertile before they have enough energy to worry about which gender they're getting)

Supposedly boy spermies are quicker and girl swimmies live longer...

Fizzy fefe well I hope you can and are successful. My hubby works shifts so when we were ttc without assistance I would freak if I had o pain and he wasn't here.

My af showed after prob 1 week or more of spot. I'm going to wait and see if it last longer than a week. Going take provera.

Talking to a friend who knows I'm ltttc and then she says, "so I guess I shouldn't tell you so and so's pregnant, huh?"

Seriously? Seriously?

Talking to a friend who knows I'm ltttc and then she says, "so I guess I shouldn't tell you so and so's pregnant, huh?"

Seriously? Seriously?

:hugs: what a way to tell you :nope:

My rant for the day is that I've seriously had enough of people who spend every waking moment moaning about their pregnancy. I understand some people have totally awful ones and I do sypathise. But, someone on my friends list on facebook, all I've seen off her is moaning since she announced (at about 6 weeks) that she was pregnant. I'm so glad they brought out the hide status thing as she is now long gone :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->