• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Looking for a buddy close in dates

Good morning ladies!
My dr told me at my last appt that he would induce me anywhere from 38 1/2+ weeks on. At that point, I told him I wanted to go naturally and experience the surprise (since I was induced with Avery) but the more I thought about it, with Dalton working on the road during the day and me running a daycare, it makes so much more sense to try and plan it out. Unless ofcourse she comes earlier :)
No, I haven't written a birth plan... I did'nt with Avery either. I'm not sure if they do those here??? Are you planning a hospital delivery? I'm not sure if we have dicussed this or not. I will deliver in a hospital (that is most common in the states).
We are so close to the end, i am realllly ready t o meet my girl! Ali--are you still feeling like you are having a boy? :)
We purchased our car seat and stroller set yet... very girlie-and I love it!!!
I hope you enjoyed your walk, have a lovely Sunday!!!
:hugs:

That's it, in your situation it would be nice to have some kind of structure to the birth if like you say you both have busy schedules where it could get slightly awkward if you're just waiting around for it to happen lol! But hopefully at the same time you will get to experience the natural onset of labour and head on into hospital without being induced :)

I would of loved to of had a home birth as I'm not a big fan of hospitals at all! But for my first I decided against it because it's the unknown isn't it and i'm not brave or confident enough to know if anything was going wrong etc, so feel better in a hospital. However, the hospital I am going to is a birthing unit now where it is purely run by midwives and it is for low risk pregnancies. Basically if everything's normal and healthy then I can labour and deliver there naturally, they have gas and air and pethidine, but no facility for c-section or epidural (which is what I would like to avoid) so it's perfect for me if all goes well. If not then I will need to be transferred to another hospital if I needed a section or anything. Fingers crossed it won't come to that though!

The rooms at this birthing unit are lovely though, very homely and they have a sofa bed for hubby to stay on, no visiting hours, and they are private rooms, with their own birthing pools, and it only got renovated in feb so it's all very new and modern, so that would be an ideal place and situation for my birth to happen at :) fingers crossed! :D

It's great that you have purchased your stroller and car seat! very exciting hehe! And I agree, apart from still needing to buy a few things I can't wait to meet our little one either!! :D have a good day xxxx

Hi again ladies,
Had a lovely walk today though very cold!

Tara, I'm not so sure on the feeling of having a boy so much now though I do keep referring to the baby as a he without realising so who knows! I know what you mean though, I'm also really ready to meet the little one now! :)

That's great that you got your stroller and car seat - is the one you posted a pic of before?

I've got a bit of rough idea for the birth - it'll either be at the hospital or at a birthing centre which is run by midwives. I had my booking appt there and it was so lovely with private rooms and much more one to one care. The only possible issue with going there is that it's about a 45-60 min drive away depending on traffic so unsure about travelling there for the first one. They also only take you if everything is straightforward and no problems so will depend on how I am at labour stage anyway. I've also been thinking more recently about a water birth as they look so calming. Lots to think about anyway!

Fay that's great that there's a birthing unit at the hospital, it sounds very much like the one I'm thinking of going to.

Does sound like our tastes are pretty similar, lol! I know what you mean about most of the gender neutral stuff, it's cute but I really like something that bright and colourful for the little one :D

Hope you've both had a good day xx

Good Morning ladies!
I am such a bleeder that I couldn't risk not doing it at the hospital. When I gave birth to Avery and also when I had my tonsils taken out-I had to have blood transfusions. So I assume I will most likely need one with this one.. although I am crossing my fingers that I don't.
Ali, the water births to look really relaxing... I wish I was brave enough :)
OUr hospital here has a birthing center in it as well, which is nice. I can see how the 45 min drive might be scary if you are going into labor quick. You might have to pulll over and give birth in the car :) jk. With your 1st it seems like labor is a longer process but I suppose that isn't the case with everyone.
It's so nuts that we are at this stage in our pregnancies where we are discussing birth! How exciting!!!!!!
Have a lovely day ladies!!!

:D Thank you!

Tara - Yeah defo sounds like a good idea to be in a hospital if you bleed a lot with stuff like that!
It's pay--day for me! thank goodness, January has been a long month! lol I have my belly pierced so I have purchased myself one of those maternity belly bars. It's not hurting or anything but I can see it's stretching out a bit and would prob be better with a more flexible bar in case I catch the metal one I have in on anything. I want to keep it in if I can, everyone has asked me when i'm taking it out, and I'm always thinking, why would I take it out? If I can keep it in then there is no need! Like the rest of my skin, it will stretch and accommodate to the growing bump i'm sure....hopefully ha!

Hope everyone's feeling well? x

I didn't know they made maternity belly bars, what a neat idea. I pierced my belly button YEARS ago but my skin was too sensitive to the metal they used and never healed... so I had to take it out. I think they're cute!!!
Yay for pay day, do you only get paid once a month? That check would be nice, but I think it would be hard the rest of the month!!!!
Have a great day!

I didn't know they made maternity belly bars, what a neat idea. I pierced my belly button YEARS ago but my skin was too sensitive to the metal they used and never healed... so I had to take it out. I think they're cute!!!
Yay for pay day, do you only get paid once a month? That check would be nice, but I think it would be hard the rest of the month!!!!
Have a great day!

Yeah pay days once a month for me :( it really is hard to make it last! lol so skint by the end of the month! I used to get paid weekly and it was great! lol

My skin can be sensitive to nickle, but the belly bar I have doesn't contain it so has been fine, I forget I have it half the time lol! Yeah they do flexible plastic type ones which you can wear for when your belly grows bigger, they sound great, so fingers crossed they'll work just as well :) xxx

Good Morning ladies!
I am such a bleeder that I couldn't risk not doing it at the hospital. When I gave birth to Avery and also when I had my tonsils taken out-I had to have blood transfusions. So I assume I will most likely need one with this one.. although I am crossing my fingers that I don't.
Ali, the water births to look really relaxing... I wish I was brave enough :)
OUr hospital here has a birthing center in it as well, which is nice. I can see how the 45 min drive might be scary if you are going into labor quick. You might have to pulll over and give birth in the car :) jk. With your 1st it seems like labor is a longer process but I suppose that isn't the case with everyone.
It's so nuts that we are at this stage in our pregnancies where we are discussing birth! How exciting!!!!!!
Have a lovely day ladies!!!

lol, yeah probably very unlikely I'd be having the baby in the car! :haha: I guess it's more being somewhere familiar as I know the hospital plus my family would be literally 5 minutes away. Hospital sounds like a good idea for you though, I'd def be the same!

Had another Midwife appt today, just a check up so wasn't in there long but all still looking good :D She doesn't want to see me now though until 34 weeks which seems ages away!

Fay, know what you mean about pay day, has felt a very long month this time!

Hope you've both had a good day xx

I've no idea! I thought with first babies they usually want to see you again about 31 weeks and then every couple of weeks after that. I asked a friend today though who was pregnant last year and she said she had quite a long gap at this stage. The midwife was very happy that the baby's healthy though and I'm doing ok with no complications so far so maybe that's why? It just feels odd that I won't see a midwife now for a while!

How often do you have appointments at this stage?

Thats great that baby is healthy and everything is good there, it just seems strange that she would be seeing you less now instead of more. I still see once a month until I hit 32 wks then I go every 2 weeks for a month and then at 36 weeks I go once a week until I deliver. I trust that she knows what she is doing though :flower: Everyone seems to do things differently, huh!

I was just looking at my avatar pic... I have hit quite a growth spurt in the last month!!!! What about you ladies? I will have to update with a pic today or tomorrow. And to think I thought I was BIG in my avatar! LOL!!!!

Yeah seems very odd about your midwife! I remember on my form in my maternity stuff that I will have one at 28 weeks, then another at 30-31 I think then like tara said I think they are 2 weekly, then 1 weekly at a certain point, it's very odd that she doesn't want to see you around 30-31 weeks, maybe you should ring them up and just double check?

Oh I know exactly what you mean about a growth spurt!! Geeez! It's ballooned out of no-where! I will upload one I took over the x-mas period at about 20 wks and then one recently at 26 weeks! such a massive difference! I didn't realise how 'small' my bump was at 20 weeks until I compared it to my 26 week one! haha!

wowzer! lol

Attachments

• 20 week pregnant belly.jpg
    20 week pregnant belly.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 26 weeks pregnant belly.jpg
    26 weeks pregnant belly.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 1
That is quite the growth spurt! You are so stinkin' adorable :) Mine spurted from 24 weeks to now... WOW! In my books it said she doubled in size these past 4 weeks... so I'm going with it ;) :haha: I feel better than saying I just got fat! LOL

Thanks ladies, I think I probably will give them a call to check if I need to make another appointment as I did expect to go again around 31 weeks.

Great pics both of you! Lovely looking bumps :) I've had quite a growth spurt to, will upload a photo later that my husband took recently. I didn't really realise until I compared to the previous one!

yeah that's like me, I didn't realise just how much until I compared it to an earlier one! haha!

Tara- yeah my book says that too, they are putting down some fat over the last few weeks, and doubling in size that way, I tell you what I can defo feel it! lol I am starting to feel the bump getting in the way for certain things too like sleep, when I try and roll over and bending down to put socks and shoes on I feel more of an obstruction that I used too haha! I love it though, defo rather have a nice healthy bump, i'll worry about the rest after baby's born! :) xxx

Yes, putting on shoe's and socks is harder now, that's for sure :) Have a great day.

lol, I agree, def feel the bump more now when I'm bending down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->