Looking for an end of March bump buddy! (due march 27th)

team yellow, thats cute!

im on the fence about it, either way im happy. DH really wants to find out, and i think that he get so little say in it all right now, im happy to have him make some of the decisions. so, we will find out if we can!

I got my doppler working yesterday and heard the heartbeat! It was really great. Mostly just because being at BnB makes me paranoid about things going wrong, even when statistically we should all be expecting at this point that things are good.

Plus I'm going out of town this weekend, which makes me nervous, so listening to the heartbeat every couple of days will make me feel better about that.

We're definitely finding out. In the first place, we don't want to have to try to dig up a boy's name unless it's absolutely necessary! But also so we can get the nursery set up (I'm going to make the bedding myself), buy clothes, etc.

I got my doppler working yesterday and heard the heartbeat! It was really great. Mostly just because being at BnB makes me paranoid about things going wrong, even when statistically we should all be expecting at this point that things are good.

Plus I'm going out of town this weekend, which makes me nervous, so listening to the heartbeat every couple of days will make me feel better about that.

We're definitely finding out. In the first place, we don't want to have to try to dig up a boy's name unless it's absolutely necessary! But also so we can get the nursery set up (I'm going to make the bedding myself), buy clothes, etc.

Where about's did you find your baby's HB citymouse? I've tried my doppler 4 times now and all I find is my own :( I'm not worried as I know the chances of finding it are lower at this stage but would love to hear it. All I got this morning was what sounded like a thunder storm - I can only assume was some rumbling going on in there!!!!

(TMI) Mine was just under the top of the line of my hair, about an inch to the left of center. Actually, the most reliable way I found to locate it was to find my own heartbeat first and then sort of tweak the angle slowly from there--it was always close by. I found it helped to have a sense of my own heartbeat to keep my free hand on the pulse at my neck. And I drank a sugary juice drink and ate beforehand, too.

Also, lots of gel! That seemed to make a big difference.

Oh, and I've mentioned before how my DH is a little less baby-thrilled than I am. Well, we went out to dinner the other night with some friends--the girl had already guessed I was pregnant and the guy is one of DH's closest friends, so we went ahead and officially told them--DH just showed them the picture from the ultrasound.

He was describing the picture and said something about it having hands, and our friend (the guy) was like, "Really?" and DH is like, "Yeah. I mean, a lot of pictures like this just look like blobs but ours really looked like a baby."

I'm like, HA! He's bragging already. That's a good sign.

Ah that's so sweet. We have an on going joke about this as I'm so tired of people bragging about their babies - their child is the best - they can do things before everybody else's child - so now we are expecting to see our bean reading war and peace inside my uterus and it will be the best fetus going :D I am really determined not to over do the bragging of my child. It's ok to be proud bu does everybody on your facebook really need to know eveyr little move they make????

(TMI) Mine was just under the top of the line of my hair, about an inch to the left of center. Actually, the most reliable way I found to locate it was to find my own heartbeat first and then sort of tweak the angle slowly from there. I found it helped to have a sense of my own heartbeat to keep my free hand on the pulse at my neck.

Also, lots of gel! That seemed to make a big difference.

me again!!! :) Yes \i did look there and that's when I found mine and thought it was the baby and panicked because it was too low :) Ok will try there again. I've realised since doing it I actually don;t know where the womb starts and finishes!!!

Ah that's so sweet. We have an on going joke about this as I'm so tired of people bragging about their babies - their child is the best - they can do things before everybody else's child - so now we are expecting to see our bean reading war and peace inside my uterus and it will be the best fetus going :D I am really determined not to over do the bragging of my child. It's ok to be proud bu does everybody on your facebook really need to know eveyr little move they make????
I hate that! And you see it everywhere. I am involved with lots of websites about reading and you always get the person who starts a thread like, "Can you recommend a book for a 6-year-old whose favorites are Atlas Shrugged, Bleak House, and Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man?" And the replies are even more insufferable: "Oh, my daughter loved Atlas Shrugged when she was five, then she moved on to reading the foreign translations, maybe you should try something like that."

Like, bragging about your kids is basically bragging about yourself.

Every once in a while you find a thread here where someone is bragging and trying not to look like it, and the smackdowns are pretty funny. I feel bad for the op, but have some humility! LOL!

I hate that! And you see it everywhere. I am involved with lots of websites about reading and you always get the person who starts a thread like, "Can you recommend a book for a 6-year-old whose favorites are Atlas Shrugged, Bleak House, and Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man?" And the replies are even more insufferable: "Oh, my daughter loved Atlas Shrugged when she was five, then she moved on to reading the foreign translations, maybe you should try something like that."

Like, bragging about your kids is basically bragging about yourself.

Every once in a while you find a thread here where someone is bragging and trying not to look like it, and the smackdowns are pretty funny. I feel bad for the op, but have some humility! LOL!

Lol :) It really is one of my pet peeves :) If your child becomes prime minister or finds a cure for cancer then yes you can brag but if they master the potty that's basically what is expected as a minimum of a human being :) I sound harsh....I will praise my child for all of these things and share them with my parents maybe but otherwise we'll keep it to ourselves :)

People do it with dogs, too. I always make a point of saying how dumb my dog is! (Which is totally false modesty, of course, as we all know he's the Einstein of dogs.)

:) haha - yeah we have a woman who talks about her dog as if it were a baby :) I'm sure your dog would have outshone Einstein - as will our babies. I intend to have it reading in French and German by the time it's two ;)

LOL, I'd ask about the rest of you but I see you all the time. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->