Looking for people TTC after miscarriage

2Baby2: happy that AF showed up! I was the same way - was so ready for it to finally come. Good luck as you start this cycle! I have also heard it both ways - fingers crossed that you are a quick one!!! :)

AFM: I had a freak out this AM. I took a urine progesterone test and it came back super negative - so I got panicky. I had to call my doctor any way to get my appt scheduled, so I requested a progesterone test and they wanted to do that and a HCG. :( So I did them... Progesterone came back @ 26! So my urine test was wayyyyyy wrong. Lol.... My MD office ordered the wrong HCG test so all it ran was positive or negative. It came back positive. Call my crazy but I'm pretty excited they screwed up. I have no desire to know my HCG levels. I know that I will over analyze them and freak myself out (because this is what I do). I hate this ttc and pregnancy after loss crap, I feel like this thread are some of the only people that truly understand this. Thanks guys.

I am so look forward to everyone's :bfp: can't wait to start seeing them!!

Kiki, sorry you had that panic and glad everything is good :)
I am sure pregnancy after a loss is hard because of the all the fear and doubts! 'Try' to relax and take care<3

Their is a 'July Jewels 2019' group if you'd like to talk to people in the same pregnancy timeline as yourself and symptom share with them.

HappyWay: yeah I saw that group - plan to join if things work out. I've joined every other time before things actually progress - and just don't feel ready to cross that line til I know there is a reason too.

I will keep a lot of my info to myself - I just would like to be a happy follower/supporter and feel caught up/supported if I end up back in a repeat x3 situation. ♥️

I’m kinda leaning against OPK

What do you ladies think? Have you used them? Do you recommend them?

I need all the advice can get!

2Baby2: I've always used them - prior to my dtr even. I feel like they gave me a little confirmation that at least my body was trying to work?... But for some people it just adds anxiety and frustration.... I'd recommend using them - but that's just my thoughts!

2baby2- I never had much luck with them. I never got a true positive, only what I considered positive for me. I apparently have a short surge. I just try to bd in my fertile window. Every other day starting from cd 10-12 and a few extra times when I think I o. And usually once more for good measure just in case. I chart my cycles (no longer temping though) and mostly go by that and cm.

Weebles, that is exactly how it is. Outwardly I seem fine too, and for the most part I am. But in those quiet moments when the kids are in bed and everything's done I still feel sad and angry. I'm so angry about everything, hitting what should have been my 20 week date really upset me. Everyone else has moved on and forgotten. Even my husband couldn't remember the exact due date. I looked in my memory box the other night, re-read the letter to my babe and looked at their picture and just cried. I haven't cried in ages but with AF coming and realising how far along I should be I broke down. I hope that you can avoid those questions from your family, everyone knows about or lose pretty much so hoping to avoid similar questions at Christmas time. Glad you should have some good opportunities to BD! Xx

2baby2, glad AF arrived and you feel good and hopeful. I too felt like that first AF was an end too that chapter and a new beginning. I like using opks, I have only used them twice, the cycle I got pregnant with my son and my last cycle. They seem to work for me so far. I only use opks and just keep an eye out for CM but was temping when we tried for my son. Not practical now as he still wakes here and there through the night sometimes. I will be using opks again this cycle. what CD are you? We might be similar this time (although I ovulate late) xx

Kiki, glad you were able to get some reassurance. I can imagine PAL is a shit show of anxiety inducing moments! Xx

AFM, CD5, AF continues but not overly heavy anymore, should be gone in a day or two. Then will get back on the horse so to speak.

Chicky today is cd 1 I’m pretty irregular but ***fingers crossed*** for BFP!!

Last edited:
Busy short work week but popping on just to say that jealousy is so hard! I think I need to figure out a better way to cope with it.

Does anyone on this thread have a retroverted uterus? Or know anything about?

Reading back in my discharge notes and it says ‘retroverted billy uterus’

Hoping it won’t cause pregnancy issues when we catch on again (hopefully)

Hi everyone,

Just popping by to say hello- Disney trip has gone really well it's nearly time to go home- dreading going back to work though!

Congratulations Kiki! Hope everything continues to go well for you. So lovely to see your bfp! :)

Mrs Fruity- I was told I have a retroverted uterus too. First when I had a smear test and then when I had the scan a few weeks ago. They said it doesn't cause any issues at all, just makes scanning more difficult. Apparently we would feel more period pain/cramps in the lower back too. Which is definetly true for me.

Hope everyone is doing Ok. Thinking of you all xx

2baby2, we might be in our tww at a similar time then. Fingers crossed for us both.

Lesonde, let us know if you find a way to cope with jealousy! Has turned me into a not very nice person far too many times. Not proud of the way jealousy can make me act that's for sure.

MrsFruitie, I don't no anything about it sorry. I was told once that my uterus tilts outwards, but after a quick google that looks almost 'normal' maybe mine does more so, I don't know? I showed super early with my son and thought that must have been a contributing factor.

Yellowmoon, glad to hear your trip has been great, a welcome distraction I'm sure. Hope the return to work isn't too bad.

Happy thanksgiving to you ladies who celebrate!

Happy thanksgiving to whoever is celebrating today from across the pond!

I was going to ask about the OPKs too, I have bought some cheap ones off the internet I'm CD 15 it's still coming up negative. I guess I just keep doing them until I get a positive, or maybe I won't ovulate this month. I am a bit split on using them, I think I don't need them as doing the BD regularly isn't a problem for us and my cycle is normally regular. But, I think I will do it for a few months to see if I am actually ovulating regularly and roughly when.

Hello all!

So sorry for the lack of updates. I haven't been receiving the notifications in the top right hand corner so I thought nobody had posted! I did wonder why everybody had gone so quiet haha.

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted so I am just catching up with everybody so I apologise if I miss anybody out but here goes...

Kiki - congratulations!! I am so pleased to hear a success story in here and I hope we start to see more soon. I can totally understand your reservations and not wanting to get ahead of yourself but just enjoy each day as it comes. I lost mine at nearly 13 weeks but I still cherish the memories I made being pregnant. It's important to stay positive :)

2Baby2 - I can't believe your colleague confided in you about such a insensitive topic having known what you have been through. It is infuriating seeing other people being so flippant about conceiving isn't it. Doesn't seem fair when other people accidentally get pregnant and would consider going through what we went through BY CHOICE. We ladies are always here for you if you need to talk. Also pleased to hear that AF has returned and you can start thinking about the future!

Lesondemavie - your Macarons look delightful! Baking can be so therapeutic and calming. When I was off work for three weeks after my loss, I started cross stitching and made myself a little box. Each side had a different design; a panda, a fox, a sunflower, a cactus, some hearts and a flower. I finished the little project a day or two before I went back to work and I felt like it gave me some purpose and time to reflect.

Chickybaby - Sounds like it is all go for you at the moment! Relaxing about TTC and concentrating on the present is the best way to get through this. I am adopting a similar head space at the moment and have decided to stop using OPKs and getting obsessed with timing sex. I am just trying to have faith that it will happen when my body is ready to hold onto a pregnancy for the whole 9 months. I can't lie though, I am 30 in February and trying for my first baby so the clock is ticking a bit.

Weebles - The emotions can creep up unexpected. I go through phases of feeling totally on top of my mental health and feeling positive and the next thing I am crying my eyes out in the Tesco car park. It's a journey and nobody really understands that you don't just 'get over it'.

Shorty88 - A break from TTC and allowing yourself to grieve a little longer might be really healing for you. Why not try taking the label of TTC away from your relationship and just go along with the flow for a while?

MrsFrutie - You are spot on! We are super strong and your message made me smile :)

AFM - Cycle day 10 - not particularly fussed about testing OPKs or HCG this month. It's too much for me and I just need to be more casual about this or I will go crazy. I've decided not to do any more pregnancy tests unless I am 2 days late for AF. Wish me luck!

xx

Well AF has come and gone, it was surprisingly light which makes me nervous that I won’t get a sticky Bean this month. I’m not sure why, just my doubts creeping in I guess.

I’ve been so exhausted lately and my LO was been staying up really late, like 10:30! (I wake up at 5 so I try to be in bed by 830/9) I’ve thinking to my self I’m gonna have to start drinking coffee at dinner so I can stay awake to BD lol

Ladystardust, I haven't been getting notifications either, its annoying. Good luck this month, I hope taking a more relaxed approach makes you feel more calm at the very least and hopefully gets you a BFP

2baby2, I always worry when my AF changes things up on me too! Last bleed was a bit odd for me too, not much cramping and quite mucousy.. Sorry so gross! Sorry you are so exhausted, I think being tired is my constant state at this point, my LO has never been a great sleeper and has been joining us in bed around 3-4 most mornings lately. Made it through too after 6 this morning though so that was great! Good luck with finding the energy to BD.

Sallyanne, that's great that you have an active sex life so missing ovulation shouldn't be a problem! I mainly use opks to confirm ovulation is happening (I know they don't actually do that but seem to work for me so far) we BD every other day so shouldn't miss it either but try to up our game once the opk turns positive.

AFM, started our sex marathon last night, I find that first time after AF awful each month, I get so scared and nervous for what we are opening ourselves up to again, the pain of not getting pregnant and the fear of getting pregnant. Things get better quickly from here though and I will start to get excited. Trying to clean up my eating (again) starting tomorrow, stupid time of the year for it unfortunately but will do my best! Will start opks today maybe, its too early really (cd9) but I get nervous I will miss it, silly when I haven't ovulated before day 20ish in ages. Maybe I'll leave it till tomorrow...

I hope those who celebrate had a wonderful thanksgiving.

mrs frutie. I don't know much about a retroverted uterus but I was curious. I didn't find much out, just that it can cause a different sort of cramping. It doesn't seem to cause any issues, it's just a normal variation.

Yellow moon, I'm glad you had a great vacation. I'd love to go to Disney sometime in the next few years. My DH has never been.

Sallyanne, I've mentioned it before but opks never worked for me. if they work for you that's great but if they don't it's nothing to stress about either! I definently ovulate and never got a true positive.

Ladystardust, I don't get notifications for this thread either for some reason. I still don't quite understand the new layout or host. I read up on it daily even if I'm not posting though. Hope all is well.

2baby2, I think the first af is usually pretty wonky. I don't think it will make a difference in your chances. Your lining usually builds up during the leutal phase so it doesn't tell you your chances for this new cycle you're in.

Chickybaby, haha, fertile window = sex marathon for us too. I don't start feeling excited until afterwards but at least the disappointment of af is over by then.

AFM, I'm cd 16. I usually ovulate around cd16-18. Hopefully we get a chance to bd tonight because something that's never happened to me before happened today.. ovulation spotting! I've read that hormones can be higher after a mc and also that higher hormones correlate with the spotting so I hope it's a good sign. If this month doesn't pan out I've already checked out next month and my next fertile week is around xmas, another good time work schedule wise. I just don't want to be ttc for a year again. I'm getting old. This is my last month to have a baby at 36.

I think I’m having a chemical :(. Guess time will tell.

Oh no lesonde, I hope that's not the case. ::hugs::

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->