• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Looking for people TTC after miscarriage

Hi Les, nice to hear from you. Negativity always welcome here. We are here for you :)

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. Fingers crossed everything goes well for you and DH when you start trying. I didn’t even think to say to my dh about his caffeine, we do always seem to pin it on the ladies.

Afm- AF arrived on time for me this month so that’s me out again. Onto the next one I guess! X

Sorry for the BFNs but hoping that AF doesn't show up!

OMG - I can't believe chicky is having twins, how amazing!

Les - don't worry about bringing your negativity, that's what we are here for, we all need a good vent every now and again to release it all. I'm dreading my SIL having the baby in April too, but still hoping they will move away! You are so right, we put all the pressure on ourselves for the pregnancy and we forget the contribution of the man, their health, their sperm quality etc.

I'm bored just waiting for AF on Thursday, I don't feel very hopeful this month though, so don't feel the need to test.

Started spotting today 10 dpo, so AF is on it's way :(

Do you usually spot so early in your cycle? Don't throw the towel in yet; could be implantation bleeding! Fingers crossed and if it's not, just treat yourself to some wine and chocolate. It's the one time of month you should treat yourself! haha

It still seems like spotting again so far today (will test tomorrow if it doesn't turn into full AF), my cycles have gone a bit funny after the last MC they used to be 30-32 days long, now they're 28 days, I seem to ovulate day 17/18 so my LP is quite short. Don't know if my cycles are still out of whack after the MC, or stress, I just don't know.

Going to see the gynae this week or next to show her my chart etc.so will see what she has to say, for example I haven't had any of my hormones checked.

Good plan will get the wine and chocs ready, being in Italy i'm not short of wine! You can get a decent bottle for less than 2 euros!!

Yes I tested, Saturday morning and BFN then on cue AF arrived in force not long after, I hate that my body plays these games, I've not handled it too well at all this month compared to the last few for some reason.

Unfortunate timing we were at BIL/SILs house nearly all day yesterday - BIL went on about praying for god to help us have a baby again (my period hormones didn't take that too well) followed by endless talk about her antenatal water exercise class so that didn't really help.

Unfortunately it's looking more likely they will move closer to us rather than abroad, so I'm not taking that too well either. I can cope with them just about at the moment as they live 1 hour away. So I ended up having an argument with DH because I tried to make it clear that if they move back I am not living in their pockets, he got the hump because he doesn't want me to cause a problem in the family, I don't understand why I should be pressured into spending excessive amounts of time with these people in case I cause offense by saying I want to spend a reasonable amount of time with them.

We've already had issues over his family, when I MCd the last time I was pressured into seeing BIL/SIL in case they got offended (I saw them 7 times in 4 days - lunch and dinner - apparently seeing them 5 or 6 times in 4 days would cause offense??!. The MC before that I was sent home without another scan from A&E even though I was convinced I had lost the baby in the afternoon (I had), DH kept telling me how negative I was and spent the whole week we were waiting for the follow-up scan (that confirmed I had MCd) with his brother because he was going to another city for a few months and needed his support.

Sorry about the rant!

Oh Sally I'm so sorry to hear you haven't taken it well this month. I am due on AF today or tomorrow and also got BFN so I know how you're feeling.

We really want to approach somebody for fertility testing but I think we need to wait a year after our loss - which would be August. This is our 5th unsuccessful cycle in a row now and it took us 9 months to conceive the one we lost so I'm feeling pretty sure that something isn't working in our favour. At least if we knew the problem we could try and overcome it!!

Your BIL/SIL sound terrible and it sucks if your husband hasn't always got your back with them. Seven times in four days is excessive and he should understand that you need some space from them sometimes.

Period hasn’t arrived yet so I did a cheap test and I’m sure I can see a second line! But it’s really faint. Don’t want to allow myself to get excited...

Period hasn’t arrived yet so I did a cheap test and I’m sure I can see a second line! But it’s really faint. Don’t want to allow myself to get excited...

Hope this is it for you Lady!! Keep us posted :)

Hope this is it for you Lady!! Keep us posted :)

Hi Yellowmoon. Thank you for your support. I’ve done 3 tests and they’re all positive. We’re not letting ourselves get carried away but I’m cautiously optimistic x

Ooh, Lady congratulations! That's a few BFPs in these last few weeks, hooray!

Thank you Sally. I'm flying to New York on Tuesday so fingers crossed for minimum nausea haha.
This little group of warrior women has really kept me going and I am praying that those still waiting for a BFP get them very soon!
I am not taking anything for granted at this stage and I will keep an eye on this thread to see how everyone is doing :)

Such wonderful news Lady!

All the best for your wedding! Hope everything goes well and you have lovely time :) xx

Lady - I don't know if you will see this but have a fantastic wedding!

So we saw the gynae yesterday and she's recommended that I be tested for a load of auto-immune antibodies and prolactin. And much to my husbands joy he is going to have his sperm tested ;). I feel a bit better as she seems to know what she's talking about (compared to the others).

She said the temping and charting was a waste of time, I guess because I have regular periods and getting pregnant isn't the problem, it's staying pregnant. That's a bit of a relief, it was a bit annoying every morning, i'm just gonna continue with the OPKs and use them up.

How's everyone else doing?

Hi Sallyanne

Sounds like a promising appointment, hope you get some answers. I thought about using OPKs again this month but I haven't bothered. I find not doing stuff like that helps to keep my mind off it. I think I get a bit obsessive about those kinda things though. Like when I start testing early and ending up spending £100000 on pregnancy tests for no reason.

I'm actually doing less exercise this cycle, I heard that doing too much can be bad. Feels like we need to wrapped up in a cacaoon on a magical formula drip to get a healthy pregnancy sometimes, it's exhausting!

I'm on CD16 right now. Doing BD basically everyday. I realised that last month we only did it 4 times but I thought that would be enough... it's so hard to know what's right with all the conflicting info out there and on top of that we have to relax and not try. I just want to go out on a massive bender now, haven't had a proper night out in sooooo lonnnnggggggg.

Sorry for the moan!!

It feels so quiet in here! I guess a lot of our ladies have had their BFPs already.

Hope everyone is good and pregnancies are progressing well :yellow:

I know, I thought the same, it feels like everyone's graduated and left with their BFPs, I think there are only a few of us left!! I want to know how they are all getting on too! maybe we'll have to stalk them on other boards :lol:

I do feel a lot better not doing all this temping / charting malarkey, I think you are right it just adds more stress. I'm CD 14 so we're nearly in sync.

I wish there was a magic get preggers drip too! It's a nightmare trying without trying. I read too excessive exercise is not good for getting pregnant, but I don't need to worry about that one, I'm the opposite end of that spectrum :)

Made me laugh about the amount of money you spent on pregnancy tests, it's true though - I didn't realise how expensive trying to get pregnant actually is, the supplements, the pregnancy tests and here I have to pay a fortune for gynae appts, the blood tests and my pap smear test, things I totally took for granted in the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"