Looking for people TTC after miscarriage

I honestly dont know. We cannot ttc prrsently as bleeding is still here. Tests are still positive so my body still.thinks its pregnant or it thinks i just had a baby
The wait is so awful as i dont know when tests will go neg, when bleeding will stop, when period will return and if i will even ovulate

All of that sounds so horrible and I do understand that wait as I'm going through it now too. What you need to rememeber is you only had your d&c very recently so probably what you're experiencing is still 'normal'. I K ow that won't make it go more quickly but at least it doesn't sound like there's a problem yet. I really really hope good things start happening soon and I'm sorry for what you've been through already!

It's true the wait for your first period again after a MC is excruciatingly slow, because you are desperate to try again quickly and you want the bleeding to stop because it's a constant reminder of your loss.
Thinking of you, remember we're all here for support!

Hi all,

Pretty sure I got my period today. Well, if it's not that it's something much worse! Everything seems exactly like a normal period maybe a little heavier but nothing too serious. This is only 2 1/2 weeks after my second d&c and 4 weeks 2 days after my first one. I'm guessing that my hcg has actually been going down for a while (had a mmc and symptoms started lessening when I still thought i was pregnant before the ultrasound confirmed it had stopped developing 2 weeks prior) so it could make sense but it still seems like 2 1/2 weeks post d&c is quite early.

Do any of you have any wisdom to give me? I called the hospital and they said I could come in and get a blood test if I want but I can't really take anymore time off work unless I really have to so I'm hesitant to do that at the moment. They basically didn't know.

Anyway it's probably too hard a question but I was just checking in case anyone knows!

Popping back in here. Big hugs to those who have joined.

Sally - my prolactin was high when first tested, but since my tsh was over 2.5 they decided to treat that first. Both prolactin and tsh came down with a low dose of levothyroxine for me. Easy fix. Do you know how high and if they also checked your tsh? I also had low luteal progesterone and estradiol. Progesterone supplements extended my LP but otherwise didn’t help much. Ever since I went on Levo, and added E2 supplements as well as P after O I’ve conceived within 1-3 months before that it took 6-7 cycles each time. It didn’t stop me from miscarrying again though. I really think the answer to that for us is sperm dna fragmentation.

It’s hard to say Rose. My first mmc I used cytotec and all went well, and my second I just needed 1 d&c. It seems early but since your process was a bit more complicated idk. Can you get the blood test on a weekend or early before work?

Last edited:
Hi Les, yes I had my TSH checked and its the opposite its borderline hyperthyroid, so not what I would have thought, the prolactin was 79 I don't know how high that is. I have noticed a shorter LP and a lot more spotting for days before AF since my last MC so progesterone is helping extend my LP. What are E2 supplements?

My wonderful BIL/SIL have done some research and told me it's all just stress, very unhelpful comment, but hey what can I expect from her.

the last time my period came about 2 weeks after I stopped bleeding, I bled for about 2 weeks, but I didn't have a D&C so the situation is different, also I was having my bloods regularly checked and had 2 or 3 scans afterwards to check all was OK so I felt much better. I think it would be good to get your bloods checked for peace of mind.

Hi Rose- sorry no wisdom here. Mine happened on its own at 9.5 weeks, haven't had any follow ups since they said I passed most of it. Bleeding lasted 2 weeks and period came 5 weeks after that. Not sure if that helps.

Hey Sallyanne- it's a no go for me again this month. So onto cycle 5 for me...I think...

it's taking way longer than I thought it would and getting me quite down. Gonna keep going til my birthday and then I'm having a couple of months break. Which will be May.

I'm probably going to go a bit quiet on here too. Trying not to obsess and google everything at the moment. Hope that's ok.

Good luck for your testing xx

So sorry to everyone else who has joined having recently has a mc. Life is simply cruel.

I feel I had my first period on 12/3 which was exactly one month to the date from the start of the mc. It lasted a while week and was really heavy. I have had some intermittent bleeding since but nothing major. I have started using OPK as OH seems to have recovered from his demons and we have started dtd again. My app claimed I should have ovulated 2 days ago but OPK was negative so not sure if I’ve missed it or if it hasn’t happened yet. There was a feint line but it wasn’t positive and 2 days later there’s no second line at all so I’m pretty confused right now!
Wishing everyone luck. I think I’m out this month xxx

BFN yesterday morning 14 dpo, so I have stopped the progesterone and I'm onto cycle 7 now, meh, I know how you feel Yellow, I think it's probably healthier not to obsess about it all, but it's difficult to do!

Mum 1+1 my periods after the MCs were different to how they were before, the length of the cycle, the length of AF, and I found I was ovulating later, so you may not be out this month.

Mum 1+1 my periods after the MCs were different to how they were before, the length of the cycle, the length of AF, and I found I was ovulating later, so you may not be out this month.

I’m starting to think that may be the case. I did another OPK this afternoon. It was still negative but seemed darker than the other I took on Tuesday. I have attached the pics, what do you think? I just don’t know what to think or how to feel right now...

CB28BE9F-647B-4A91-8506-5537FEA47E59.jpeg 0CC1CC9C-F8C3-4D55-92A5-8F99443A08C4.jpeg

I can completely relate hun. I had a miscarriage in January at 5+2. I was so desperate for a baby, we kept trying after the bleeding stopped, I had a period last month and thought what's the point, so stopped trying after that.. and this months period never came. I'm now 4+6 weeks pregnant! I would definately agree with the ladies saying let your body rest for 1 month, and also stop thinking so much about trying, for some reason it helps lol. I am petrified at the moment and doing so many tests to make sure the line doesn't get fainter. but all looking good so far. your time will come and I hope it is very soon for you xx

Hi Kirsty - Thanks for the encouragement and congratulations! It gives me some hope.

Mom1+! - It definitely looks darker to me! Good luck this cycle and happy BDing ;)

Sally - E2 is estradiol. I had low progesterone and estradiol in my luteal phase. The theory was early failure of the corpus luteum from high prolactin. My prolactin was only 28 and my RE likes it under 20.

7 months since my Mmc and still not pregnant again yet. Feeling really down at the moment and keep breaking into tears. As mentioned in my earlier message next week will be my due date so I’m putting my emotions down to that.

I’m 3/4dpo at the moment so I don’t think my emotions could be a symptom (still ever hopeful) we BD’d every day for 7 days over ovulation so really keeping our fingers crossed. If no luck this month I think it’s time for a break.

Hope all you other lovely ladies are doing ok xx

Hi Frutie, I know how you feel, I'm cycle 7 too and I'm feeling generally irritated by everything at the moment, my SIL is due at the end of the month and I'd have been due the following month. I thought I'd be pregnant again before she had the baby but it's not looking likely at all. I think I'm quite bitter now about it all, they're both unemployed (and have been for 3 years, she's treated the pregnancy like an illness constantly complaining and in bed half the day, she was told not to put more weight on as it could harm the baby and she's still eating like a horse, how selfish!

I still need to see the endocrinologist so I feel a bit in limbo, I should ovulate next week so it's upsetting me knowing there may be a problem and I don't really know what I should be doing about it.

Hi everyone. I’ve had highs and very lows this cycle. Definitely not feeling it this month. I had a +OPK on 31st, dtd on 29th then nothing as OHwas unwell. I’m suspect af will be due around 14th. Will hold out as long as possible before testing as I really don’t think I’ll cope so well if af arrives. Sad. I know

Good luck everyone xx

Sorry for everyone’s losses. My DH and I had a MC this year and found out at the 12wk appt there was no heartbeat and baby stopped developing at 8weeks. I have had two cycles since the d&c and am eager to TTC again but still a little scared. This was MC #2. Going to start going to a grieving counselor for MC/pregnancy related issues. I’ve been feeling obsessed about having a baby.

My 1st pregnancy and MC today, it hurts so bad, I just new i would be a mom. I am 37 and afraid it would never happen for me....

Hi all, I have a small announcement and I hope you can forgive me for not sharing sooner. I can’t figure out how to do the spoiler thing from my phone right now. So please only read on if/when you’re ready for this announcement.

This secret I’ve been keeping is part of the reason I’ve been pretty quiet as well. I didn’t want to lie to you, but after 4 losses my heart just wasn’t ready until now. I’m nearly 11 weeks pregnant and all seems to be well. I still don’t entirely trust it. I know you all are fighting so hard to be in this exact spot, so please know that my silence was not bc I’m not thankful for this new opportunity. I’m just beaten and bruised and guarded. After everything, a new pregnancy at this point fills me with dread as much as it does joy. I also know all too well those feelings of facing an EDD and birth of a nephew or niece or both without a new pregnancy to give you some hope. I’ve faced most of that twice now. Please keep fighting and moving forward and following your heart. There are no right or wrong answers, there is no right or wrong way to get through this, there’s just you and whatever it is you need and that’s ok. This time I needed to pretend like it wasn’t happening so the worry wouldn’t swallow me whole. I’ve only recently shared this news with my best friends. Before that only my husband knew. Anyway, I’m waiting for an auth on my nipt and hopefully a good nt scan and then I will maybe start believing this is for real. I hope you can all understand and please know I’m rooting for you all. Sally - if you have any more questions about hormones and such and please feel free to reach out. Much love and baby dust to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->