Looking for some buddies - ttc #1

Thanks for the welcome! FX for y'all this month. I'm not holding out much hope this month... my O day should be Tuesday or Wednesday, and thanks to Irma, my mother will be staying with us probably Monday and Tuesday. ](*,)

At desire2mom: I tested yesterday at 9DPO and it was negative. I really want wait and test Monday but I can feel me testing again tomorrow at 11DPO lol sorry you have a BFN :(

@ amandaGAC: I know can't believe I only wrote that a few days ago it feels like forever. This cycle has felt alot longer than others and I don't know why...

Hello! I'd love to make friends with other ttc mommys to be! I'm from Scotland :) 29 next month and we are trying for our first. I just posted today actuall a si am 12DPO cramping and have been spotting since 6DPO everyday pinky brown and light. I'm currently getting sick with the cold blocked nose and sinuses, it sucks lol!

My topic is names "am I pregnant" if you want to check it out there's photos too! I've got nearly all faint lines bar one or two tests. I think I'm pregnant but the tests I've been using I've heard you can get false positives (one step internet cheapies) so I did a Tesco blue dye there is a faint line but again blue yes are known for false positives, so I tried a Superdrug cheap own brand and there's the faintest line again but for three days now there has been not much difference in line apart from after 10 mins on the one step ic the dye runs alon at around 10-15 mins and sits where the line is meant to be so I'm really unsure!

Good luck &a baby dust to you all 💕 Xx

hello everyone! It's been a while - welcome to the new ladies!

I'm looking for opinions, we're doing our first IUI this month and my dr. said they will only accept a positive OPK if it's with 2nd urine of the morning. They said if I get a positive at night, it doesn't count. Has anyone else heard of this? I have tested twice a day in the past and often my strongest positives are in the evening, so it is strange to me.

If I do get a positive in the evening I'll have to call them the next morning, and then they also want me to come in the following day, not the day I call. I told the nurse that I thinK I ovulate the same day of a positive test due to pain and temperature increase the next day, and she said the temp increase is just the egg being released so it's OK to wait.

I don't mean to 2nd guess everything they are telling me, but want to make sure our timing is best it can be. Any thoughts?

Meep- I find it odd they want you to wait the extra day before going in. If you think of the viability of the egg, waiting an extra 24 hours is too long. My doc had me use OPKs between 2 and 4pm (one of the best times to test for highest peak). When I got a positive, DH would show up around 730am the next morning and I would go back for the IUI a couple hours later after they did the wash. On my days off, i was able to make it to 2-4 with my SMU, but on days I work, that time frame was my FMU and my doc didn't have a problem with that. Is there any way you can speak directly with the doc and not the nurse to explain what you experience? FX it all works in your favor!

Thanks Desire2Mom - that is good to know! Your FMU was between 2-4pm?

Only when I worked that night and I woke up at 3-330. Otherwise, I would pee by noon and then hold it until 3ish.

After AF couldn't figure out if she wanted to stay or not, the day finally came.... injections have started!

Welcome babylolo! Fxed for you.

AFM - I'm 9dpo. My boobs started to get really sore today, but other than that no symptoms. Had a terrible migraine Thursday & Friday of last week. Holding strong not testing, too much going on making me not really think about it that much. Thursday is test day. I'm not holding out much hope, but we'll see.

Amanda- fingers crossed for you! My bbt chart looks similar to yours, but I'm a little behind you at (I think) 3dpo.

Hi ladies - 11 DPO today, had some light spotting and cramping picked up today. 2 more days until I'm supposed to test, but I fully expect AF to show up before then. So frustrated, just ready to get a BFP.

Hi ladies, just checking back in. I had my first iui last Friday. DH's sample was good. I was concerned about timing because my temps went up the morning of iui, 1 day after my positive opk. Hoping it wasn't too late. I was having o pains the morning of the iui, which gives me hope.

The nurse performing the iui said the opening of my cervix was so small she couldn't get even the smallest catheter in (the one meant for cats) and had to have the dr. come in and do it. He got it done in no time though, so not sure if I should be concerned about it. I didn't really feel anything, definitely easier than the HSG!

They've told me to do a blood test at 14DPO, pretty sure if AF is coming she will have shown up by then.

Fxed for all of you.

Meep: FX for you!! Are you getting a progesterone lab at 7DPO to see how well you ovulated?

Amanda: sorry :witch: got you

AFM: My injections aren't working after 7 days so my dosage was increased and I'll have to buy more boxes. I feel like my body is failing me. :sad2:

Desire2Mom: No, the place I'm going doesn't seem to do the tests I see a lot of others getting for iui (ultrasound to check follicles, blood tests etc.) They just scheduled me for a pregnancy test on 14dpo.

Sorry to hear your injections aren't working, are they meant to induce ovulation?

Desire2Mom: No, the place I'm going doesn't seem to do the tests I see a lot of others getting for iui (ultrasound to check follicles, blood tests etc.) They just scheduled me for a pregnancy test on 14dpo.

Sorry to hear your injections aren't working, are they meant to induce ovulation?

My clinic doesn't do ultrasounds or other blood work with IUIs either, they only checked my progesterone 7dpo (found out ovulation is weak and can't support a pregnancy). I wonder if you can request it, it was informative.

I have daily injections to hyperstimulate my ovaries to produce follicles, then when I have 1 or 2 good size, I use trigger shot to force ovulation.

Desire - So sorry to hear that your injections are working. What are the next steps?

Meep - FXed for you!

AFM - Well, I thought AF got me on Tuesday, but I only had a short burst of red blood and I've just been brown spotting since. She was due yesterday, but I still am just very lightly brown spotting. I took a test yesterday and today, but both were BFN. So frustrating!!

They're growing!! :happydance: My estrogen level was 117 yesterday, I have 4 follies 10-11mm, and a thick uterine lining. I have a followup US on Wednesday morning to see how they're growing and the NP said to bring in my trigger shot in case I'm ready to go!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->