Looking for some buddies - ttc #1

There isn't much to see in Palo Alto besides the Standford campus. It's pretty to walk around and check out. If you can get back to San Jose and enjoy strange things and history I highly recommend the Winchester Mystery House. I've toured it several times and every time see something new.

Thanks!

And sorry to all others for going off topic :blush:

There isn't much to see in Palo Alto besides the Standford campus. It's pretty to walk around and check out. If you can get back to San Jose and enjoy strange things and history I highly recommend the Winchester Mystery House. I've toured it several times and every time see something new.

I agree, the Winchester Mystery House is definitely something you should do! San Francisco has a lot to do. Alcatraz is interesting and good to do at least once, fishermans wharf amd pier 39 has a lot to see and do including a Madame Tussauds wax museum and ripleys believe it or not. There's also Lombard steet and the 16th ave tiled steps for photo ops, and the Walt Disney Family Museum.

AFM: just as I thought, no ovulation so next and only step is injectables. It will be expensive just for medications, and if I want to order the meds from out of the US, then I can cut the cost in half to $1200/cycle. On top of the multiple injections, I will have multiple US and labwork. And prior to starting they will check to make sure my tubes are open and patent. I hope none of you have to go through this. Baby dust and fx to everyone!

Sorry for being off topic! Just wanted to add to Desire's recommendations the San Francisco Dungeon. It sounds weird, but it's full of history and really amazing.

Desire: Oh man, sorry to hear of the news. Will you be doing injectables with IUI or switching to something different? Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

AFM: I have my annual obgyn appointment today. If she sees something off (aka possibly pregnant) I know she'll say something about it. I don't test until next week, though, so not sure what changes there really could be at this point. Never been so nervous for an appointment before!

Cheshire - good luck, fx for you! My only option at this point is the injectables. After this is IVF. They said if I could lose 20-30 lbs they would be willing to trial the Femara again, though. I called my insurance to see what might be covered and they said my ultrasounds are covered along with my hysterosalpingogram, but medications are not. They did suggest having my doctor fill out an exception form is he feels this is my only option for medications, so we will see how that goes. Trying to stay hopeful!

Dreamer - any good news yet? Sorry for the frustration. Fx for you!

Update: They denied the request to cover the medications. I went ahead and had the office put the order in for the prescriptions and I can start anytime between 2 weeks and a month whenever they arrive... assuming my tubes are patent and don't need to be flushed.

Desire: Fingers crossed that the doctors are able to get you that medication. Really hoping this all works out for you.

AFM: obgyn wants me to give it until spring before we talk fertility stuff. She said everything looks great and has given me paper charts to start charting for her (periods and sex dates only). She said the app is great, but she needs something she can look at and keep for herself. She also confirmed for me that spotting DOES count as CD 1, which FF does not. I feel 13 again with the paper calendar. :)

I wonder how docs determine CD1 as spotting or flow? My doc wants me to count CD1 as the first day I actually need to use a pad or tampon. I never liked paper charting, I just printed my FF charts and gave them to my doc.
Also.... meds are ordered and the hysterosalpingogram is waiting for me to schedule the appt! Now I'm super excited for this step. Bring on the 25% chance at twins! :oneofeach::rofl:

I wonder how docs determine CD1 as spotting or flow? My doc wants me to count CD1 as the first day I actually need to use a pad or tampon. I never liked paper charting, I just printed my FF charts and gave them to my doc.
Also.... meds are ordered and the hysterosalpingogram is waiting for me to schedule the appt! Now I'm super excited for this step. Bring on the 25% chance at twins! :oneofeach::rofl:

Not sure although my spotting does reach my panty liner. Maybe that has something to do with it, too? And yea, I hate paper charting as well but if it's what she wants I'll do it.

Yay for meds ordered! Any idea how long they'll take to get in?

I ended up just driving around on my day off, found some beautiful places.

I have ewcm, reaching home in 3,5 days so hopefully I will not o before then... I normally have about 5 days of ewcm so there is still a teeny tiny little bit of hope for this cycle...

Cheshire - I'm still waiting for them to call me for payment and delivery schedule, but it's expected to be about 2 weeks to a month. Too long that's for sure!

Blo - I love just going for drives, you can see so much. Hope you enjoyed your trip! Fx you make it home before O!

Emily - CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so pumped for you!

Blo - Here's hoping you make it home before O.

Desire - I've read that CD1 is the first day you have full flow and not the first day of spotting. I've also noticed that's how FF counts them as well. I spot before AF, so I log the spotting but my cycles don't change until I log light, medium or heavy flow.

AFM - I took another break for posting/checking in so I'm catching up. Pretty sure I O'd yesterday (CD15). Which is the earliest I've ever O'd so I guess that the red raspberry leaf tea is helping that. I got EWCM really early and I thought, "No, that's not right." Lol. But your body knows better than you do, so I started testing on Thursday and had a good line, but Friday gave me a blaring positive. Looks like I'll be testing on the 27th.

Hello everyone!!!
Congrats Emily!!!
This cycle was my first go with the temp and internet opk. Today is the 3rd and final day of potential o on my FF app and i have only seen light lines on the tests so not sure what that means. My temp has been all over the board too with only a slight increase in day 9 so that's strange... even Ff is saying that my temp is too sporadic. Saw my endo last week and my thyroid levels aren't too bad but we increased my dose since we are TTC... so hopefully that will help it out. Going to India for work next week (last minute trip) so this would probably be the month I'd be okay not conceiving but I know it will happen when I least expected it so I'm not expecting it all this month ;)
FX for everyone!!!

Hey guys, so nice to see such a huge support system here, can I join in?:flower:

First cycle TTC for me as well as first cycle off of BCPs... Today is CD12, hubby and I have been BDing just about every other day this cycle and my OPK's are all negative so far and temps are low... I've had some significant ovary-aches and twinges for the past 3 days though, not sure what that's about.. Anyway, I expect to O on CD16 as I always had in the past, so that'd put the first day of my TWW at about Monday the 21st... We shall see though, this cycle could be screwy from just coming off BCPs and being a bit stressed with work :shrug:

Welcome KG! FXed that it won't take long to get your sticky bean!

AFM - 3 DPO, finally got my cross-hairs this morning. I was sure I O'd Sunday so I started eating the pineapple core again on Monday and looks like I was right on track. I think our timing for this month looks good. Hopefully cycle 4 will be it for us!

Welcome KG! Fx for you this cycle! :dust:

AFM- HSG in the morning! My injections were ordered but I have to try and find as many discounts as I can since I am buying in the states instead of the European pharmacy now.

Good luck, Desire! Also hoping you find some decent discounts!

All clear! :happydance:
After lots of searching and discussion about where to buy the injections, I think I'm going to pay out of pocket and get them from the pharmacy my docs office sent the scripts to. I'm working tons of OT this week already so I'll have the extra cash to pay for it. Payday can't come fast enough!

Awesome good news, Desire!

Sorry, I've been really bad about checking this month. Chart is looking blah.

Hi all,

I'm out. AF got me 4 days early and I started yesterday. On to September! I'm hoping that our timing okay since I'm traveling to Cleveland for work around O time. GL to all of you out there who are still waiting to test. FXed.

Ive been terrible at keeping up with this group. After my bad timing this month ive just not been hopeful at all... But since yesterday (7or8 dpo) i really feel pregnant - tired, nauseous, hungry, dizzy etc... So now i am just super moody and swinging between being sure im pregnant and being sure im not...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->