Looking for some buddies - ttc #1

Seconding a BBT from Amazon. I think I spent about $8 or $9 (USD) for mine and I really like it. I test it against my normal thermometer every once in a while and it seems pretty accurate.

Thanks guys... definitely ordering the amazon one for the coming cycle.

I am planning to do OPK + BBT + CM for every day next cycle leaving no room for error (and wishing I don't have to do this next cycle) .. haha

Are you guys doing all three?

Thanks guys... definitely ordering the amazon one for the coming cycle.

I am planning to do OPK + BBT + CM for every day next cycle leaving no room for error (and wishing I don't have to do this next cycle) .. haha

Are you guys doing all three?

I'm doing all three. I've tracked my temp before, so I could get a better idea of my cycles, so I'm pretty happy about how that works. The last two months I've used OPKs, just cheap internet ones, and I'm not totally confident about reading them properly... Both months I've had no second line until about CD13, then two days of faint lines. Today (CD15) the test line had a thin strip at the 'start' of the line that was as dark as control line, but the rest of the test line was fainter than the control line. Not sure whether that's a positive or not. Had the same last month as well. I had quite a lot of EWCM CD13 and 14, and nothing at all today, which is a bit confusing. I've been ill this week, so maybe that is messing with ovulation.... I really don't want to miss O, because we haven't had sex all week cos of me not being well!! I'm hoping OH will be up for it tonight... he is very relaxed about the whole TTC thing, isn't taking the limited time frame for conceiving into account yet :nope:

I do all three as well. CM for me isnt super reliable as i take an antihistamine that dries everything out. I am going to try to not take it this cycle and see if i can increase ewcm, but i am not sure how that will work out.

Im also doing all 3. First month of opks i also had trouble with them - but then i switched brands and now it makes my picture super clear! My monthly pattern: when ewcm starts, bd every 2nd day until positive opk - then two days in a row right after positive opk. Continue every 2nd day until temps jump.
It got me pregnant 2cycles ago, so Im hoping it works again for my rainbow baby!

Hi Ladies,

I'm hoping you won't mind another join! Hubs and I have been together for 7 years, married for 1 year and have been TTC since shortly before our wedding. 26/27 years old and we're just getting nowhere. I feel like I'm stuck in a world of people who just can't understand and I really need to be able to talk about it. My MIL and Mom are excited and keep asking me when it's going to happen, every person I've seen since we've been married has asked about babies and I can't bring myself to talk about the struggle with any of them. Hoping to be a part of your community and sort of try to get out of my own head. I'm a great listener too!

Welcome, Mrs. Frank! You've definitely found a good outlet for discussing TTC. I feel your pain, this Xmas I walked downstairs to greet my relative who had come to visit and the first thing she asked was "Are you pregnant?" I know they mean well and are excited but I'm like - don't call me, I'll call you.

Melissandei, I do temping and OPK. I got my bbt thermometer at Target, it was next to the pregnancy tests. I think it was 10 dollars or so? If you decide to do OPK, I'd recommend getting Wondfo from Amazon so you can have a lot of tests for cheap, and test every 12 hours when you think you're getting close to O. That was the only way I was finally able to get a dark positive OPK.

I personally don't have much luck checking my CM so I just watch for EWCM when I wipe and make a note of that.

Welcome mrsfrank! It's a good place to vent and chat while TTC and in the TWW. :)

melissandei - I do temping and OPKs. I have an alarm set pretty early (5 am) to temp and after I just roll over and go back to sleep after recording it. I'll start the OPKs the day after AF is gone testing once a day, and when the lines start to get darker I'll test twice a day (afternoon and evening) to catch my surge. This cycle I'm going to use conceive plus to make sure nothing dies in the process (or at least I hope).

Welcome Mrs Frank.. I am sort of in the same boat.
I am 27, DH is 30. married for 3 years.
My MIL is overly excited as well... Since the last 3 months there has been no call where she has not asked me.... When I called her to wish Mothers Day...she responded saying when are you giving us a chance to wish you. Its too much pressure.

Good to know i am not alone!

Hi ladies, please can I join too?

I'm 33 and DH is 29, we've been together for 5 years and married for 2 years in August. We are proud parents of a spoilt pooch and have been TTC our first human baby since February

I am currently in my TWW of cycle 4 on CD24 and 7dpo. I usually ovulate on CD15 but was later this month so I'm expecting a 28 day cycle instead of my usual 26 days

I am using OPKs and started temping last month (still getting to grips with that!)

Nice to meet you all & hoping to see some BFPs soon �� x

Welcome polkadotpixie! Sending you lots of :dust:!

AFM - looks like AF is finally gone. I'll be starting OPKs this week to better predict O day. FF has given me three possible O days so we're planning on every other day this cycle starting a few days before O and a few days after with the aid of OPKs and temping.

Looks like I'll be testing June 23. I picked up a few WalMart cheapies and I have a bunch of IC as well. Feeling good about this cycle!

Welcome to the new ones!

Cheshire- i like your plan! This is almost exactly what we did this cycle.
Im 5dpo now, still feeling really positive. Had my last alcohol yesterday, now I'm going alcohol free for the rest of my tww (and hopefully a few months after that due to bfp).
My family-in-law are catolic and i have been chosen to be my niece's godmother. Today is the baptism - i am both super excited to be a godmother and super upset that i am not yet a mother, so will be quite an emotional day...

How are the rest of u guys doing?

My OH said something about 'when we have our child...' yesterday, so I made a joke about how we'll never have one unless we start getting our timing right, because we'd pretty much missed our chance this cycle so there's no chance of me getting pregnant until next month now, and he was like 'oh, don't be so silly, we don't have to wait a whole another month...'

Turns out he was under the impression that I could pretty much get pregnant at any time apart from during my period! He scoffed at the idea that there are only a few days each month that we can conceive during, until I explained about ovulation and how my egg dies soon afterwards.... oh my goodness, no wonder he's been so relaxed about it all.

I'm on CD17 now, and had thought I'd O'd on CD15 due to a temp spike yesterday morning and no noticeable EWCM on CD15, after having a lot on CD13 and 14. We hadn't had sex the whole week before, so I was very sad. However, I was still having ovulation pain yesterday so I did two OPKs (10am and 6pm) and they were both very much positive, and also had EWCM. My temp had dropped again this morning, not as low as it was last week, but a lot lower than yesterday, so I am wondering whether it was high yesterday cos the room was so hot when I woke up and not because of ovulation.

Is it possible to get a positive OPK after ovulation? Didn't think it was.... We had sex last night anyway, so we're covered just in case I hadn't already O'd. Fingers crossed!!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome ladies! I'm so looking forward to being a part of this community. I had to look up all the abbreviations but I think I'll catch on in no time at all.

Bloblo - amazing news on becoming a godmother. Hope your day went great!

AF is gone as of yesterday and I have yet to use an OPK but I'm going to really try to stay on the ball and do everything I need to do this cycle, so I'm going to start using them. Also, at the recommendation of a friend of mine who had great success we ordered a lubricant that is supposed to be helpful. We shall see!

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend

I'll join too. DH and I are keeping our TTC a big secret from our family (only a few close friends know about it) so it will be nice to have other people TTC #1 to go on this journey with. We just started trying last month, BFN. AF left town last Thursday, so it's almost time to BD again!

Nuthatch: did you get bfp? Any news?

Meepmeep, Melissandei, CheshireDucky: hope u are doing well?

Adastra: men are such idiots sometimes... tsk! Hope he understands now and that you will benefit from a good attitude change.

Mrsfrank: I think you have a great plan that might turn into a great cycle for you!

Polkadotpixie: We have similar cycles- im normally 26days, and had a 28day last cycle. I have only 11day luteal phase though so af is due Sunday. How is the tww treating u? Any promising symptoms?

AmandaGAC: Welcome! I was also secretly ttc until i got pregnant. Had mc unfortunately and now everyone knows that we are ttc... i miss the secrecy ;-)

Afm... im on 7dpo and everything is perfect. All signs point to bfp - im even having the same sleeping issues as when i was pregnant last time. Dh thinks its all in my mind... it might be :blush:
But i simply cannot stop hoping! My endo says all is fine, no hashimotos, no need to increase meds- my current dosage gave me tsh of about 1,5. My keto eating plan is really helping me just to be healthy and feel good. All-in-all i feel super lucky!:happydance:

adastra - My OH thought the same thing! "You can get pregnant at any time, why are you doing all this?" After I explained he understood and is now interested in my temps and stuff. Hah! Fingers crossed for you that you caught that eggy!

mrsfrank - Good luck! This board is amazing for support so don't be afraid to ask questions even if you find them silly. Hoping the lube and OPKs work for you this cycle.

Amanda - welcome! Keeping it a secret is definitely hard. Message boards are great for finding people who understand the journey.

Blo - Oh man keeping my fingers crossed for you! Awesome news about your TSH as well. It's a great feeling when that comes back in normal range.

AFM - Started OPKs yesterday. The line was darker than I thought it would be at this point, but not a positive. Hoping I'm on track for O day of the 10th-12th. I'm thinking either Thur/Fri I'll start testing twice a day to make sure I get it, once a day until then. So much waiting!

How's everyone else doing?

Everything is crossed for you Bloblo!

Tomorrow will be 10dpo for me, I'm going to try my best to resist testing until the day I would get AF (Saturday). So far I have not had much in the way of symptoms other than migraines and some bloating, and I woke up to cramps on CD8, but no sore boobs or anything. Temps are still at the high end of the range for me, but that's not so unusual at 9dpo.

Thanks all! Fingers crossed, blo! Sending baby dust.

I am 8 dpo... No strong symptoms except for sore nipples yet .... I think its so difficult to know if something is actually going on or is it just all in your head.

I am keeping really low expectations this cycle...to avoid getting depressed ...also i ve decide not to test at all till like 15 or 16 dpo if i make it till then :)

Sending baby dust to all you ladies :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->