Looking for some buddies - ttc #1

Hi everyone, and thanks for starting this Blo. I'm a bit late to the party but would love to join in.

DH (27) and I (29) have been ttc#1 for just over a year with not even a hint of luck. We have just begun investigating to see if there's anything going on fertility-wise.

I do tracking through bbt and cm and think next O will be around 13 June, so expect to be testing around the 27th.

mrsfrank - I feel your pain about the family members asking. We've only told a couple of close relatives we're ttc, but everyone expects it after a couple of years of marriage; I get asked constantly. It will be nice to share with others going through the same thing.

adastra - my DH was just the same before I explained about timing. Now that he knows the truth though he sometimes gets 'stage fright' on the crucial days. I'm more careful with what I tell him now lol.

blo, meepmeep and melissandei: my fingers are crossed for you! Let us know how you go.

:dust:

Hope everyone is having a good day! DH and I start BDing today, so if AF doesn't show up I'll test the 27th. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much since this is only Cycle 2. Last month I had TONS of wishful symptoms that by the time I tested and AF showed up that I was relieved. He just doesn't understand the emotional toll the TWW has on you. I think I said to him at one point, "You're not in my body so you don't understand what I think I feel and don't feel. It's emotionally exhausting."

blo, adastra, meepmeep + melissaandei - crossing fingers for you!! :flower:

AmandaGAC - it's so true. It can be so hard to explain the feeling of the tww. I feel ya girl!

cheshire - thank you so much! I have really learned so much just by reading about the different experiences. It feels so nice to have the support!

EmilyIGF - being able to talk about it, even in the last few days has given me an immense sense of relief. It feels better to not feel so alone in the journey. For the stage fright, I heard the cure for that is to imagine everyone in their underwear? ... or perhaps he won't have to? :winkwink:
lol. Good luck girl!

It is totally exhausting - and then when AF shows up, you end up feeling like your own body has let you down (or at least I do), and that's the part I think our partners maybe don't experience as much. I'm in cycle 4 of TTC #1 now - every time AF rolls around I say I can't do it all over again, and by the next week I'm busting out the OPKs lol

Agreed it is exhausting! Anyone else dream about it as well? I have dreams I woke up and took my temp and reacted to whatever it was in my dream :dohh:

Aww! Sort of - haven't had dreams quite like that, but we are getting ready to move in a few months and I keep having dreams about trying to pack while pregnant or telling our new landlord we're expecting. Those post-o vivid dreams certainly don't help with keeping expectations in check!

mrsfrank - I'm so glad that there are others out there who are going through the same thing.

Gemini19156 - You are so right! The TWW seems like it takes forever when you're in that period, but then it seems like the time flies by after that and you're back in the fertile zone again in no time at all. But that is a good time for me to get my mind right and get ready to try again.

MeepMeepHP - I've not had any dreams about trying to conceive. But again, this is only cycle 1 for me. I may have dreams the more and more we try.

Agreed it is exhausting! Anyone else dream about it as well? I have dreams I woke up and took my temp and reacted to whatever it was in my dream :dohh:

Yes! Last cycle I had a dream about getting a very dark lined positive so I was upset when I kept getting negatives. I also keep dreaming that I have a daughter so we'll see if that one comes true.

Ive had a few dreams - getting bfp's (even once at the office), being woken by my crying baby, telling family...
All of that was in the last 6weeks!!
I tested a big fat negative today, but its 9dpo so not getting hopes down at all.:thumbup:

Keeping fingers crossed for you, blo!

I'm at CD 11 and with O day quickly approaching we'll begin BDing tonight for the next week or so.

I would love to join :)

Hello! This is my first time here! I just recently got off of the pill and had my discharge bleed right away for 7 days, typical period length for me. My periods were regular before the pill and cycle was usually 28 days. On cd11-cd13 I had EWCM but was away from my husband because he was out of town. We bd on cd14. Later that day I felt a twinge on the right side ovary area that lasted for about one minute. Then on cd15 I had very light spotting. This is our first try...do you think we could have timed it right on this one?? Has anyone got pregnant right away after stopping the pill?

I love being in such a different time zone from you all, I get to look forward to waking up to all the new responses :)

I get crazy dreams post O almost every cycle. The ones with BFP leave me so disappointed the next day. The ones where I give birth to a weird creature or even an object leave me feeling very relieved that it wasn't real!

We're hoping for answers soon, as I had blood hormone tests this week and DH did SA this morning to check everything was good. Consulting with the fertility doctor next week.

mrsfrank - I agree that the solidarity can be very therapeutic. I already feel very invested in all of your outcomes, and can't wait for the group to get its first BFP and give us all a boost. Also, believe me when I say I've been getting quite creative with my 'cures'. Underwear aren't always in the equation lol.

Megan - Welcome! I hope you did get the timing right and get your BFP, you never know. My understanding is that EWCM comes right before ovulation, so hopefully your timing was just right! I have friends who swear that first month off the pill is the most fertile and some get a BFP right away. Are you planning to track your cycles through bbt, cm or opks? As soon as I started temping I wished I'd started sooner. I realized I wasn't O'ing until CD21 unfortunately, but it put my mind at ease that we were bd'ing on the crucial days. I came off the pill 2 yrs ago, and at first my cycles were 28 days, but slowly lengthened and are now 33-35 days.

Fingers crossed Blo!

So interesting hearing about everyone's dreams! Emily, how long have you been TTC?

I'm pretty bummed today, temp dropped pretty far and I'm sure I'll be getting AF tomorrow. I have an appointment next week with a new OB/GYN and will ask if we need to wait until 6 months has passed before we can do any tests...one more cycle and I'll be 37 :(

Welcome to the group Megan!

Bloblo good luck to you! Hope you get a BFP soon.

MeepMeephp -- I had the exact same thing ..temp dropped this morning (11dpo), hopefully things turn around for both us :nope:

This will be my cycle #4 as well.. I am only 27 but I don't want to wait for a year to make sure everything is okay.

I too dream about babies all the time, and stalking babies on Instagram all day doesnt make things easier!

Melissa and meepmeep: sorry about the temp drops, but you're not out yet, keeping fingers crossed!

I am in 100% full on symptom spotting craziness... i swear i have never felt this pregnant during a bfn cycle, so that second line just HAS to show up soon... (You can click on my journal below if you are interested in day-by-day symptoms).
During my bfp cycle 8, i got evaps on my 9dpo and 10dpo tests that showed up after a few hrs and eventually got my bfp on 11dpo. But I'm already on 10dpo now and the tests are not even showing a shadow :nope:

Melissandei, totally understand not wanting to wait a year! I'm wondering if we should try Preseed but I've seen comments that it can cause the man to go numb, and that def would be an issue for us, DH already has low sensitivity.

Megan a close friend of mine got pregnant only a couple days after going off the pill, its definitely possible! Fingers crossed for you.

Megan: Welcome! Fingers crossed that you timed everything correctly. There are people who do get pregnant right after coming off the pill so it's very possible. Are you temping or using OPKs at all?

Emily: Hoping you get results soon and you can come up with a plan moving forward. Do you have to wait until the appointment to know the results?

meep and melissa: Sorry bout the temp drop. Keeping fingers crossed for you two hoping you're not out yet.

blo: Maybe wait a day or two and test again? Which tests are you using?

Im in Germany, but get my tests from Poland - brand is called "Pink test" - quite expensive but really really good, like i said, got my bfp at11dpo last time - and never had a false bfp on them in 10 cycles.
I bought 20 of them after miscarriage to test until zero, but only used about 7 before they turned zero and then ovulated a few days later - now i have wayyyyyy too many tests lying around tempting me to test :haha:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170609-195815.jpg
    Screenshot_20170609-195815.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1

Im in Germany, but get my tests from Poland - brand is called "Pink test" - quite expensive but really really good, like i said, got my bfp at11dpo last time - and never had a false bfp on them in 10 cycles.
I bought 20 of them after miscarriage to test until zero, but only used about 7 before they turned zero and then ovulated a few days later - now i have wayyyyyy too many tests lying around tempting me to test :haha:

That's really cool that they're so sensitive! I've read that some ladies will get a BFP early one pregnancy and late another. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that may be the case!

I also have a bunch of tests laying around. I buy my OPKs in 50 packs and my pregnancy tests in 20 packs PLUS cheap ones from the store. They're just sitting there waiting to be used.

Melissa and meepmeep: sorry about the temp drops, but you're not out yet, keeping fingers crossed!

I am in 100% full on symptom spotting craziness... i swear i have never felt this pregnant during a bfn cycle, so that second line just HAS to show up soon... (You can click on my journal below if you are interested in day-by-day symptoms).
During my bfp cycle 8, i got evaps on my 9dpo and 10dpo tests that showed up after a few hrs and eventually got my bfp on 11dpo. But I'm already on 10dpo now and the tests are not even showing a shadow :nope:

Good luck!! Sending baby dust. We are back in the BD timeframe. Expecting the big O around the 12th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->