Looks like I'm having this little girl sooner than I thought!

lunarsea

Mother & Expecting No. 2!
Reaction score
Had my doctors appointment and found out I'm 2 cm, but also found out the placenta, once again, has signs of calcification/aging so they've scheduled me for an induction in two days!
I talked to my doctor abouy alternatives to pitocin and he agreed to artificially rupture my membranes instead of pitocin.
As much as I wanted things to happen naturally, I want the safe delivery of my little girl.
Even if I have to be induced, I'm still trying for my natural birth and keeping a positive mindset about it.
Can't believe that I'll be having this little one in two days!

Good luck! And fingers crossed for easy delivery anda healthy baby

Good luck. Hope all goes well and not going to lie, I'm very jealous! x

Best of luck and enjoy meeting your little girl :)

oh wow. hope they can induce your more naturally.

oh wow. hope they can induce your more naturally.

I hope so, too. The doctor has been cooperative with what I've asked about avoiding pitocin and I'm at peace with AROM if that's the closest to natural option I'm given, so I'm hoping that alone will start something.

Good luck hun! :hugs:

If you don't mind me asking, why does your doctor think your placenta is aging?

Well, last pregnancy I had calcium building up on my placenta at around 39-40 and this time around there are signs of the same thing occuring.
Should have added my doctor does an ultrasound at all late pregnancy appointments, so it was visible via ultrasound.
I didn't know this last time, but this is something they apparently check for in NST to make sure the placenta is still properly functioning and calcium is a sign of aging.

Do you mind if I ask what test they did to determine that the placenta is having issues?
I am concerned mine is.

I had a doppler scan and they told me the results were borderline high when they were 2.97 but 10 days later the s/d ratio was 3.41 (they didn't tell me, I read it off my chart) which is over 3 and they told me my results were fine too and then a week later they did another scan and just told me my results were consistent and I didn't get the ratio at all yet because it wasn't scanned in.

I am concerned there is a problem with my placenta that no one is telling me about to keep me from stressing out.

Do you mind if I ask what test they did to determine that the placenta is having issues?
I am concerned mine is.

I had a doppler scan and they told me the results were borderline high when they were 2.97 but 10 days later the s/d ratio was 3.41 (they didn't tell me, I read it off my chart) which is over 3 and they told me my results were fine too and then a week later they did another scan and just told me my results were consistent and I didn't get the ratio at all yet because it wasn't scanned in.

I am concerned there is a problem with my placenta that no one is telling me about to keep me from stressing out.

Well, I'm not sure about issues other than calcification/aging, but I do know that the calcium built up on the placenta is visible via ultrasound if there is an abundance of it. My doctor isn't very detailed with telling me anything as far as numbers go, but I'd say if it were a really big issue, it would be very noticeable. If I was looking at what my doctor was pointing at correctly, you can see white-ish spots on the placenta via US when there is calcium building up. I hope that if there is a problem, they identify it for you! Good luck!

Good luck Hun, fx for most natural delivery possible x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->